By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you support Marijuana if everything else became illegal?

Zappykins said:

I'm thinking cocaine should probably be legal too. But would probably disagree with Meth being legal.  It just eats up people lives, perhaps it's from the weird chemicals used to make it. 

I say legalize all drugs.  Otherwise how the fuck are you going to stop the Mexican drug cartels?  Legalizing drugs would demystify the drugs and usage rates go down with legalization.  The only reason why people say marijuana is a gateway drug is because you have to go to drug dealers usually to buy it.  Those drug dealers sometimes push other drugs.  People that go to the store to buy cigarettes aren't offered crack, meth or other drugs.  They are given cigarettes and sent on their way.  When you go to a drug dealer that sells weed he might suggest you trying another drug.  Make all drugs legal and end this pointless and costly drug war.  A business should be able to drug screen if they want to though.  If you don't want crack heads working at your job (even though it is legal) then you should be allowed to deny them.  You know who is the biggest pusher for keeping drugs illegal?  Private prisons and drug testing companies.  They have the most to lose.  USA leads the world in incarcerated people due to the drug war.  Drug war is a failure and Reagan's "legacy" should be forever shamed in pushing the war on drugs to new heights.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Slimebeast said:
Not sure I understand the question. Why would anyone want to illegalize alcohol and tobacco?

Anyway, Euphoria you are a familiy father of a little girl, correct? Not that that automatically should have anything to do with smoking pot. I just think it's cool.

Also I think I've asked you this before.

I only bring up alchohol and tobacco because for all the things people might think are bad with pot, we still legalized (2) things that are infinitely worse.

I wouldn't call Tobacco infinitly worse.  It doesn't really provide any upsides, but it's not more unhealthy then Marijuana.

Some health studies make it look worse but that's largely because they compare pack a day smokers to people who get high  a couple times a month.

Same usage rates, cancer worries are likely the same.

Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Slimebeast said:
Not sure I understand the question. Why would anyone want to illegalize alcohol and tobacco?

Anyway, Euphoria you are a familiy father of a little girl, correct? Not that that automatically should have anything to do with smoking pot. I just think it's cool.

I only bring up alchohol and tobacco because for all the things people might think are bad with pot, we still legalized (2) things that are infinitely worse.

I wouldn't call Tobacco infinitly worse.  It doesn't really provide any upsides, but it's not more unhealthy then Marijuana.

Some health studies make it look worse but that's largely because they compare pack a day smokers to people who get high  a couple times a month.

I call bullshit.   Most early studies of marijuana were improperly done.  They involved heavily smoking a monkey out to the point of oxygen deprivation.  This lead to the belief that marijuana kills brain cells when in fact it was oxygen deprivation that kills brain cells. 

sethnintendo said:
Zappykins said:

I'm thinking cocaine should probably be legal too. But would probably disagree with Meth being legal.  It just eats up people lives, perhaps it's from the weird chemicals used to make it. 

I say legalize all drugs.  Otherwise how the fuck are you going to stop the Mexican drug cartels?  Legalizing drugs would demystify the drugs and usage rates go down with legalization.  The only reason why people say marijuana is a gateway drug is because you have to go to drug dealers usually to buy it.  Those drug dealers sometimes push other drugs.  People that go to the store to buy cigarettes aren't offered crack, meth or other drugs.  They are given cigarettes and sent on their way.  When you go to a drug dealer that sells weed he might suggest you trying another drug.  Make all drugs legal and end this pointless and costly drug war.  A business should be able to drug screen if they want to though.  If you don't want crack heads working at your job (even though it is legal) then you should be allowed to deny them.  You know who is the biggest pusher for keeping drugs illegal?  Private prisons and drug testing companies.  They have the most to lose.  USA leads the world in incarcerated people due to the drug war.  Drug war is a failure and Reagan's "legacy" should be forever shamed in pushing the war on drugs to new heights.

I agree with everything you have said. 

Cept, as I said, unsure about meth, any maybe a few others.  But if cocaine was as legal as coffee I think we would have not be a Cartel/Gang Problem and in a few short years, no Meth problem.  People do meth because they can't get other things.  And many, get totally addicted to it.  Part of the reason it ruins lives is because it's so expensive and illegal.

I've work with so many entrepreneurs and Hollywood types.  Other than it being illegal, Cocaine isn't a bigger deal to me than a large glass of coffee.

And yes, when California was about to make Marijuana legal - the alcohol and prison companies spent multi millions to make sure that didn't happen.  But it happened anyway in Washington and Colorado.  I think it's a matter of work and time.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

All i know is that I 100% support the legalization of marijuana along with other drugs.

The drug wars of today are no different from the prohibition in the 30's, and possibly worse in terms of overall deaths caused.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Euphoria14 said:

but I smoke because smoking pot is a whole lot better than smoking cigarettes

Why?  They're both an open invitation to cancer, lung problems, and immune system disorders.

As for the question, I guess my answer is 'no'.  I don't know if marijuana should be illegal or not but I'm not a fan.  I got out of the drug culture a long time ago but I had a few friends who couldn't pull free and they were never the same.  It might not be quite fair to blame marijuana for all of that but it was the cataylst.  I don't think the world would be a better place if it were legal.

Still, as with alchohol, most of the problems are with abuse rather than normal usage.  Cigarettes are what I have the biggest problem with because of how addictive they are.

What about the tens of thousands of people who for doing something that the President himself admited to doing go to jair for potentially dozens of years ensuring you're not only ruining their lives and increasing the probability that they will turn to serious crime but also ensure that they don't pay taxes but taxes and taxes are wasted on keeping them locked up?

What about the gang activity by giving criminals a highly profitable industry where in the crossfire they not only kill themselves but innocent bystanders that cost us billions to police every year?

What about medical marijuana for people who swear by it and live constant agony without it?

Are the above anough for you to consider supporting legalization?

Where you either win

or you DIE

Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Slimebeast said:

People have never died from overdosing on marijuana compared to hundereds of thousands on marijuana so there is no comparison between the two in terms of destructive influence.

Where you either win

or you DIE

SlayerRondo said:

What about the tens of thousands of people who for doing something that the President himself admited to doing go to jair for potentially dozens of years ensuring you're not only ruining their lives and increasing the probability that they will turn to serious crime but also ensure that they don't pay taxes but taxes and taxes are wasted on keeping them locked up?

What about the gang activity by giving criminals a highly profitable industry where in the crossfire they not only kill themselves but innocent bystanders that cost us billions to police every year?

What about medical marijuana for people who swear by it and live constant agony without it?

Are the above anough for you to consider supporting legalization?

Supporting?  No, not really.  I don't care one way or the other.  I got away from marijuana, and I'm glad I did, but I don't care if someone else does it.  Why are you preaching to me?

As for your questions, going to jail for dozens of years?  What are you talking about?  Most cops don't even want to bother with simple possession charges.  I've seen with my own eyes police take small amounts of marijuana away and do nothing but give people a warning (and a very hard time) for it.  If you're going to jail for a long time then you got busted with enough to be considered a dealer, and probably not even then.

Legal or not, doesn't matter to me.  I'm done with drug culture, I'm done with party culture.  I will say, however, that people who think the world will suddenly be rainbows and kittens if drugs are made legal are fooling themselves.  Some problems might go away but others will take their place.  I mean, it's not like gangs in povery stricken areas will suddenly say, "oh, hey, let's all be friends."

PDF said:
SlayerRondo said:

People have never died from overdosing on marijuana compared to hundereds of thousands on marijuana so there is no comparison between the two in terms of destructive influence.

I think you want to look at your sentence again.  Can you even overdose on tobacco?  I know you can get nicotine poisoning but it's rare to die from.

My brother almost died from nicotine poisoning.  but he wasnt just smoking it,  He found this powdered snorting tobaco and was heavily abusing it.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

SlayerRondo said:
Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Slimebeast said:

Huh?