By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you support Marijuana if everything else became illegal?

Why drink and drive when you can some and fly? Weed makes you fly with a visa.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Slimebeast said:
Not sure I understand the question. Why would anyone want to illegalize alcohol and tobacco?

Anyway, Euphoria you are a familiy father of a little girl, correct? Not that that automatically should have anything to do with smoking pot. I just think it's cool.

Also I think I've asked you this before.

I only bring up alchohol and tobacco because for all the things people might think are bad with pot, we still legalized (2) things that are infinitely worse.

Yes, I have a 4 year old daughter who is starting preschool on Tuesday, begins her 2nd year of dance school on Thursday and then that weekend begins her first year of soccer, which I just learned the coach can't coach due to time constraints and I might end up taking it over (Only because I played soccer for 6 years). She is also quite the voice when it comes to the homes we look at. We are in the process of buying our first home. 

Yeah, you asked this before.

You shouldnt use drugs when you have kids. Its wrong. You are giving them a bad example. 

No offense, but I don't need parental advice from anyone here. I know plenty of people who don't smoke pot, drink alchohol or smoke cigarettes and their kids are a total mess.

My daughter has a mom who is a nurse, a father who works in aerospace, a roof over her head (Soon to be a home owner) and has been getting proper school and social interaction since she was 1-1/2. She is fully covered by benefits that I pay for. Neither of her parents leech off the government. Both of her parents are highly interactive with her and she is one of the happiest and well mannered 4 year olds you will ever meet. Only thing left in our way is her cousin who is a bit over 5 and can read you an entire cookbook!

Regardless of what anyone thinks, I am doing a damn fine job. Smoking Marijuana doesn't make me any less of a proper parent.

Can't wait for this stuff to get legalized so people will stop believing all the propaganda. We all know the real reason it's illegal. Big Pharma. Last thing they want is people medicating themselves with something they can grow in their back yard.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I really wouldn't care if alcohol and tobacco became illegal. Alcohol has played a contributing factor in countless violent and/or sexual crimes--not to mention accidents--and tobacco is basically the leading cause of death in first world countries. The world would be better off without them.

I accept marijuana for medicinal purposes; I'm pretty much all for any substance provided that it measurably improves a patient's condition. However, I am opposed to self-medicating with mind-altering substances, and the recreational use of this drug has a demonstratively adverse effect on neurological function and development. I'm fine with it remaining illegal for recreational use.

Euphoria14 said:
Kane1389 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Slimebeast said:
Not sure I understand the question. Why would anyone want to illegalize alcohol and tobacco?

Anyway, Euphoria you are a familiy father of a little girl, correct? Not that that automatically should have anything to do with smoking pot. I just think it's cool.

Also I think I've asked you this before.

I only bring up alchohol and tobacco because for all the things people might think are bad with pot, we still legalized (2) things that are infinitely worse.

Yes, I have a 4 year old daughter who is starting preschool on Tuesday, begins her 2nd year of dance school on Thursday and then that weekend begins her first year of soccer, which I just learned the coach can't coach due to time constraints and I might end up taking it over (Only because I played soccer for 6 years). She is also quite the voice when it comes to the homes we look at. We are in the process of buying our first home. 

Yeah, you asked this before.

You shouldnt use drugs when you have kids. Its wrong. You are giving them a bad example. 

No offense, but I don't need parental advice from anyone here. I know plenty of people who don't smoke pot, drink alchohol or smoke cigarettes and their kids are a total mess.

My daughter has a mom who is a nurse, a father who works in aerospace, a roof over her head (Soon to be a home owner) and has been getting proper school and social interaction since she was 1-1/2. She is fully covered by benefits that I pay for. Neither of her parents leech off the government. Both of her parents are highly interactive with her and she is one of the happiest and well mannered 4 year olds you will ever meet. Only thing left in our way is her cousin who is a bit over 5 and can read you an entire cookbook!

Regardless of what anyone thinks, I am doing a damn fine job. Smoking Marijuana doesn't make me any less of a proper parent.

Can't wait for this stuff to get legalized so people will stop believing all the propaganda. We all know the real reason it's illegal. Big Pharma. Last thing they want is people medicating themselves with something they can grow in their back yard.

That wasn't a parental advice. It was common sense. Drugs, in general, are bad, and shouldnt be used in a household with a child. 

And i didn't say you are a bad parent, just that the act of doing drugs while having kids is bad. Drugs damage your health and can have bad influence on a child (''hey, if daddy is doing it, why can't I? Maybe i try this white stuff as well sometimes...'')

The problem is with legalising marijuana is the people who smoke it will smoke it everywhere! And take advantage of it legalisation. It would be like people drinking beer constantly all day rather than after work or at the weekend at te pub. You'd have people stoned out their face at work and driving there cars. While I do beleive that drunken people cause more trouble than stoned people, if it was legalised I think you'd see a rise in marijuana problems.

Also I'm 29 and I met two people who became my friends 9 years ago when I got my current job. They are weed smokers and smoke it ALOT!! But I have seen such a dramatic change in there attitudes and personalities from when I first met them to how they are now it crazy! I'm almost at the point where I'm simply going to stop hanging with them because there just too paranoid and weird now, and I do truly beleive it's the over use of weed the're constantly smoking.

So to put it simply I'm in 2 minds in whether I'd support the legalisation of marijuana.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:

That wasn't a parental advice. It was common sense. Drugs, in general, are bad, and shouldnt be used in a household with a child. 

And i didn't say you are a bad parent, just that the act of doing drugs while having kids is bad. Drugs damage your health and can have bad influence on a child (''hey, if daddy is doing it, why can't I? Maybe i try this white stuff as well sometimes...'')

Well, you can have your beliefs and I will have mine. Research is on my side with the marijuana debate.

As for the rest of your comment, I am going to assume (maybe wrongly so) that you do not have any children. When my daughter is 18 I am not going to tell her she can't smoke pot if she feels she wants to. Unlike most parents who will try to shield their children from drugs I am going to properly educate my child about it. That's all you can do.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Andrespetmonkey said:
Kasz216 said:

I wouldn't call Tobacco infinitly worse.  It doesn't really provide any upsides, but it's not more unhealthy then Marijuana.

Some health studies make it look worse but that's largely because they compare pack a day smokers to people who get high  a couple times a month.

Same usage rates, cancer worries are likely the same.

There are many studies out there with conflicting results on lung cancer ranging from higher risk than tabacco to reducing the risk, so we can't pretend to know either way, and even if the risk of cancer was equal with the same usage rates, the average weed user smokes a lot less than the average tabacco user, as you mentioned. And then you have edibles, and vaping which is quite popular and does very little damage to the lungs if any. 

What we do know is there are hundreds of thousands of recorded deaths a year related to tabacco, and no recorded deaths related to weed, and one substance is extremely addictive while the other isn't very addictive. 

The studies aren't conflicting.  Simply just done with different presets so as to present different results.

Euphoria14 said:
Kane1389 said:

Well, you can have your beliefs and I will have mine. Research is on my side with the marijuana debate.

As for the rest of your comment, I am going to assume (maybe wrongly so) that you do not have any children. When my daughter is 18 I am not going to tell her she can't smoke pot if she feels she wants to. Unlike most parents who will try to shield their children from drugs I am going to properly educate my child about it. That's all you can do.

With this post you give me hope that it´s not too late for humanity.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

vaio said:
Euphoria14 said:
Kane1389 said:

With this post you give me hope that it´s not too late for humanity.

Thanks.

Currently playing:

Kasz216 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Kasz216 said:

I wouldn't call Tobacco infinitly worse.  It doesn't really provide any upsides, but it's not more unhealthy then Marijuana.

Some health studies make it look worse but that's largely because they compare pack a day smokers to people who get high  a couple times a month.

Same usage rates, cancer worries are likely the same.

There are many studies out there with conflicting results on lung cancer ranging from higher risk than tabacco to reducing the risk, so we can't pretend to know either way, and even if the risk of cancer was equal with the same usage rates, the average weed user smokes a lot less than the average tabacco user, as you mentioned. And then you have edibles, and vaping which is quite popular and does very little damage to the lungs if any. 

What we do know is there are hundreds of thousands of recorded deaths a year related to tabacco, and no recorded deaths related to weed, and one substance is extremely addictive while the other isn't very addictive. 

The studies aren't conflicting.  Simply just done with different presets so as to present different results.

So which ones present the legitimate results? I would like to know what your claim is based on.