By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you support Marijuana if everything else became illegal?

I wouldn't ban alcohol for pot, but i would ban tobacco for pot. Although, i probably wouldn't smoke it, at least pot is generally safer and you can cook with it. Also, hemp is a very useful and versatile material.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
POE said:
Euphoria14 said:
POE said:
It will be legal in my country next year

I'm so jealous.

I am hoping my country wakes up as well, which I hope happens sooner than later.

Where do you live?

Long Island, NY.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

POE said:
It will be legal in my country next year

When did the government say this? I though they were against it, especially David Cameron. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

PDF said:
I would not trade weed for my alcohol. I think weed is less harmful to society but I could not support this. I don't like getting high, I do like getting drunk.

I support legalizing marijuana and support a companies right to drug test. I think you should be able to not hire stoners if you don't want to. The only problem is recreational users are a blurred lines. Do what you wan't during the weekends or off days but too many people go to work high now days. If there was an easy way to daily test use I would totally support that.

I can bet you that many many more people to to work hungover from drinking.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Kasz216 said:

I wouldn't call Tobacco infinitly worse.  It doesn't really provide any upsides, but it's not more unhealthy then Marijuana.

Some health studies make it look worse but that's largely because they compare pack a day smokers to people who get high  a couple times a month.

Same usage rates, cancer worries are likely the same.

There are many studies out there with conflicting results on lung cancer ranging from higher risk than tabacco to reducing the risk, so we can't pretend to know either way, and even if the risk of cancer was equal with the same usage rates, the average weed user smokes a lot less than the average tabacco user, as you mentioned. And then you have edibles, and vaping which is quite popular and does very little damage to the lungs if any. 

What we do know is there are hundreds of thousands of recorded deaths a year related to tabacco, and no recorded deaths related to weed, and one substance is extremely addictive while the other isn't very addictive. 

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Slimebeast said:
Not sure I understand the question. Why would anyone want to illegalize alcohol and tobacco?

Anyway, Euphoria you are a familiy father of a little girl, correct? Not that that automatically should have anything to do with smoking pot. I just think it's cool.

Also I think I've asked you this before.

I only bring up alchohol and tobacco because for all the things people might think are bad with pot, we still legalized (2) things that are infinitely worse.

I wouldn't call Tobacco infinitly worse.  It doesn't really provide any upsides, but it's not more unhealthy then Marijuana.

Some health studies make it look worse but that's largely because they compare pack a day smokers to people who get high  a couple times a month.

Same usage rates, cancer worries are likely the same.

Call me when you find those people who are smoking 15-30 joints a day.

Currently playing:

pokoko said:

Haha!  What on earth are you talking about?  Proven that marijuana has never caused a death in history?  Don't be silly.

Marijuana has carcinogens.  Everyone knows that.  Pretty much any kind of smoke you inhale has carcinogens.  That's as basic as you can get.  Everyone knows breathing in ANY kind of smoke is bad for the lungs.  I can't even believe you're questioning that.

"Since marijuana is illegal, it is hard to do the controlled studies that have been done with tobacco. Because of this, it helps to look at what we do know about marijuana:
Many of the carcinogens and co-carcinogens present in tobacco smoke are also present in smoke from marijuana.

Marijuana smoking does cause inflammation and cell damage, and it has been associated with pre-cancerous changes in lung tissue.

Marijuana has been shown to cause immune system dysfunction, possibly predisposing individuals to cancer.

Bottom line: Though marijuana most likely pales in cancer risk when compared to cigarette smoking, it's better to play it safe. There are reasons in addition to lung cancer risk (and the fact that it is illegal in most states) to avoid marijuana. Marijuana likely increases the risk of testicular cancer, prostate cancer, cervical cancer, a type of brain tumor, and the risk of leukemia in the offspring of women who use it during pregnancy."  http://lungcancer.about.com/od/causesoflungcance1/f/marijuana.htm

There are conflicting studies, the truth is we don't really know, it could increase the risk, have little to no effect, or even reduce the risk of lung cancer depending on which study you read. But edibles and vaping are easy ways around the inhalation of smoke to get high.

One of the safest substances out there.

Not sure why people struggle to look at the facts.

Euphoria14 said:
Slimebeast said:
Not sure I understand the question. Why would anyone want to illegalize alcohol and tobacco?

Anyway, Euphoria you are a familiy father of a little girl, correct? Not that that automatically should have anything to do with smoking pot. I just think it's cool.

Also I think I've asked you this before.

I only bring up alchohol and tobacco because for all the things people might think are bad with pot, we still legalized (2) things that are infinitely worse.

Yes, I have a 4 year old daughter who is starting preschool on Tuesday, begins her 2nd year of dance school on Thursday and then that weekend begins her first year of soccer, which I just learned the coach can't coach due to time constraints and I might end up taking it over (Only because I played soccer for 6 years). She is also quite the voice when it comes to the homes we look at. We are in the process of buying our first home. 

Yeah, you asked this before.

You shouldnt use drugs when you have kids. Its wrong. You are giving them a bad example. 

PDF said:
Euphoria14 said:
PDF said:
I would not trade weed for my alcohol. I think weed is less harmful to society but I could not support this. I don't like getting high, I do like getting drunk.

I support legalizing marijuana and support a companies right to drug test. I think you should be able to not hire stoners if you don't want to. The only problem is recreational users are a blurred lines. Do what you wan't during the weekends or off days but too many people go to work high now days. If there was an easy way to daily test use I would totally support that.

I can bet you that many many more people to to work hungover from drinking.

Thats true but the hangover acts as nature punishment for doing so.

This is very true, however it can easily affect job performance.

Currently playing: