Do you do PC gaming?

Yes 94 74.02%

No 33 25.98%

Total:127
S.T.A.G.E. said:
areason said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
areason said:
I love pc gaming, but i only use my pc for mobas/rts games.

PC gaming is surging because of the growth of e sports, and because of indies/mobas.

Exactly. The very things consoles can't touch just yet. When they figure out the answer PC gaming is in trouble yet again.

Consoles will never have an answer to rts games and mobas. And services like psn/xbl will never match the great deals on steam. 

LOL...Who told you this? Anything is possible, you just need to figure it out. If they were to make their way to consoles, their revenue to grow exponentially because thats where the mass market is.

So if you mean to tell me a device like this was to be created for consoles, that it wouldn't be able to be created? Specific keys included. Hmmmm. it would cost what, thirty, forty bucks?

Moba games already have the mass market, even if games like lol release on consoles with keyboard and mouse support they will have no reason to switch over. 

Around the Network
JEMC said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

LOL...Who told you this? Anything is possible, you just need to figure it out. If they were to make their way to consoles, their revenue to grow exponentially because thats where the mass market is.

So if you mean to tell me a device like this was to be created for consoles, that it wouldn't be able to be created? Specific keys included. Hmmmm. it would cost what, thirty, forty bucks?

No standard controller => very small percentage of owners => very few games developed with support for it => zero impact on the market.

You seem to forget what happened with the Wii didn't you. It's standard controller was unorthodox and many people switch between variations of controllers. The Kinect and Move sold over 35 million units between the two. Continue, I would love to hear your point. I'll get back to you later. I have to go.

areason said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
areason said:

Moba games already have the mass market, even if games like lol release on consoles with keyboard and mouse support they will have no reason to switch over. 

Just like FPS....who told you they needed the PC crowd to grow? As I said, the audience would  have potential to expand. Tell me, in the late 90's did you ever believe that an FPS would have the power to sell twenty million plus copies on consoles alone? COD is an evolution of the average gamer. They started out with pong, Mario, Fighting games and then now they've evolved to pick up and Play FPS titles and Sports games. Give them another five years and they'll be playing whatever else becomes big on consoles. Imagine a day where Wow became home on a console in the way home failed to be for Sony. LOL....  I'll be back later.

Messed up and added a post by accident.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JEMC said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

No standard controller => very small percentage of owners => very few games developed with support for it => zero impact on the market.

You seem to forget what happened with the Wii didn't you. It's standard controller was unorthodox and many people switch between variations of controllers. The Kinect and Move sold over 35 million units between the two. Continue, I would love to hear your point. I'll get back to you later. I have to go.

No, I didn't forget Wii. Yes, there were 3 options for controllers, the wiimote (+nunchuk), the GameCube controller and the classic controller, and those two were basically the same. And that doesn't change my point, because all the games supported the wiimote as it was the standard controller, while not all of them supported the other controllers.

And the case of the Wii can't be compared with the others as the wiimote, the "weird" controller, was the standard one. With PS4/X1 the "regular" controller will be the standard and that will make few people compelled to get the "weird" one. Even less if you add the fact that those controllers will be made by third parties, not by Sony/MSoft themselves.

C'mon, those kind of controllers were available this gen. The pic you used was one of them, but this one is more known

Did they have any kind of impact this gen? No. Then, why would they in this coming gen?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

The Creative Assembly are a very good reason to own a gaming PC. Fantastic developer.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

S.T.A.G.E. said:

People who buy consoles don't want to sit on their couch playing  with a mouse and a quarter of a keyboard on a stable surface.

I can't see RTS games as they are on PC making their way to consoles. But I can see RTS games designed similarly to Pikmin or Battalion Wars becoming popular on consoles if controllers fitting for that kind of gameplay becomes standard on consoles and lets devs introduce mechanics not possible with standard controllers.

The Wii U gamepad is a step in the right direction in that regard. so hopefully we get a Battalion Wars 3 this gen.

For example, when I first saw the gamepad, i thought a game where you contol units on the smaller screen and battle in 3rd/1st person on the TV would be interesting. A game like that would be something different  enough from what is offered on PC.

That Rome 2 image is misleading. My game on max settings looks like Runescape.

PC gaming is huge. So diverse. AAA multiplats, niche genre games, indie games, modding and customizing, superior graphics, online communities, varied control schemes. It's got everything.

The big problem with PC gaming is that you almost need to have the IQ and patience of a rocket scientist to deal with the constant frustrations with upgrades, crashes, bugs and difficulty to make programs run. I always hated that.

Slimebeast said:
The big problem with PC gaming is that you almost need to have the IQ and patience of a rocket scientist to deal with the constant frustrations with upgrades, crashes, bugs and difficulty to make programs run. I always hated that.

My PC has a current uptime of almost 2 months, no crashes or issues at all and I don't exactly only run light web browsers either.
Hasn't had a real hardware upgrade in 2 years pretty much and I could easily run my PC without any upgrades for years more if gaming was my only concern.

AMD has also shown a monkey upgrading a PC (I'm sure you're smarter than a monkey? :P). - But don't take my word for it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DPQW0e9ufM

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--