By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - BREAKING: Microsoft to purchase Nokia’s devices & services business, license patents & mapping services for €5.44 billion in cash.

Very interesting. I see it as a good move though.

Around the Network

I am okay with this as Nokia Windows Phone user. I mean they paid $8.5 billion for skype. So this seems like a great buy. 

Goatseye said:
Good. Now Nokia will be fully committed to Windows OS.
Now MS should just buy Platinum Games and the struggling Sega to make my dream console library come true.

You really think Microsoft is gonna let Platinum make the crazy games they are making now?  I know this has been said to death, but just look at rare.  Microsoft focuses on games that will sell in the west, completely different mentality than Platinum, would be a terrible combo.  

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Goatseye said:
Good. Now Nokia will be fully committed to Windows OS.
Now MS should just buy Platinum Games and the struggling Sega to make my dream console library come true.

You really think Microsoft is gonna let Platinum make the crazy games they are making now?  I know this has been said to death, but just look at rare.  Microsoft focuses on games that will sell in the west, completely different mentality than Platinum, would be a terrible combo.  

Vanquish,Bayonetta,MG:Rising, W101, etc... those guys are bleeding talent and they just need guidance I mean $$$.

And that would put MS closer to Japanese market.

bananaking21 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Interesting news. I wonder if this means we'll see Microsoft branded phones instead of Nokia.

the real question is if they will stop making those 10 dollar phones and non smartphone phones. they have nothing to do with windows/MS but they still are the vast majority of nokia phone sales

As long as there is market and money to be made. They'll keep making those other devices. 

Here is a really nice dumbphone Nokia is launching. That term dumbphone always gets me.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/08/nokias-nicest-dumbphon/

Around the Network
allblue said:

Am I something missing here? Isn't nokia way too undervalued at 5.5 billion euro? I mean their total assets in 2012 amounts to nearly 30 billion euros.

They're not buying Nokia entirely.

How did this go from MS buying the majority of Nokia to MS buying Platinum games? If MS really wanted a game developer they would've bought them by now. They are obviously more comfortable building teams internally than purchasing 3rd party devs.

Well that sucks.

R.I.P Nokia. You made excellent hardware and will be missed.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

wick said:
Well that sucks.

R.I.P Nokia. You made excellent hardware and will be missed.

nokia has been resting in pain peace ever since the iphone launched 

so this means sony has a bigger chance of going #3 in cell phone sales

mM