By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: Pretty pictures aren't enough

Tagged games:

is this the 1st time he's ever hearing about the sony 1st party quality? does he think their gonna all of a sudden forget how to deliver quality... anyways the pretty picture consoles sold about 160m combined consoles(and still chugging along pretty good),while the non-pretty picture console is just eeking to 100m sold 

btw reggie,another week goes by that the wiiu  got outsold by the vita,just think about how crazy that is

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cobretti2 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I've played BLOPS2  on the Wii U. The graphics at slightly more crisp, but the framerate is basically the same and the handling isnt as comfortable as the current gen consoles, even with the Pro controller. Unlike most, I can actually say I speak from experience.

Also the game was missing AA, there where some levels where you could see the jaggies on the shadows.

Noticed that too? The two games in BLOPS2 and Ninja Gaiden 3 games had jaggies, but yeah I always questioned why I saw them more on the Wii U. I also got some slowdown. Could it be a similar issue that hurt the PS3 with framerate in comparison to the 360 with multiplats?

TBH I don't know why. But something tells me budget had a thing to do to with it as well.

A good example of this is also how they release the game on all the platforms, COD on Wii and Wii U never had limtited edition or the prestige editions.

Even games like Guitar Hero, the guitars seemed more flimsy on Wii, even though they sold more copies than HD twins.  

Saying all that I don't think Nintendo are without their fault here. The controller is what cost them specs. I wasn't expecting PS4 gfx but was hoping for somewhat closer to xbox one. I think xbox one will suffer the same because of the kinect. Although Microsoft are charging more to kind of offset the cost of kinect. Nintendo could never do that with their console as people don't see it a high value item, so they would take a huge hit with higher specs and controller, which they cant do as they are not diversified like Microsoft or Sony.

ListerOfSmeg said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
It would appear that Nintendo are feeling the coming heat from the PS4 and XBONE and trying everything to make it appear that they are not bothered...Going from 100% marketshare to less than 30% sure will hurt when the consoles come out!

This is hilarious. You expect both console to sale 4 million day one? Wow No basis in reality

I never said day one in that sentence!! But it is obvious going by the momentum and pre-orders that the new consoles are getting that they are going to blow past the 3.5 million sales the Wii U has in a fraction of the time!

Momentum online is meaningless. Same thing happened with PS3 and Vita. Did they dominate? No. While its a nice dream to have it really has no bearing in reality. Gaming history isnt something you can ignore and sweep under the rug. Arent you the same kid that predicted launch titles on Ps4 would sale 6 million? Even though there is no basis for such a claim. Think what you want but you are in for a rude awakening when both consoles are sitting at around 2 million by years end.

Gaming history sure ISN'T something to sweep under the rug, but it goes both ways. For instance, Sony has sold more home consoles since 1994 than Nintendo has in it's entire LIFETIME. They've also beaten Nintendo 2 out of 3 times with home consoles.

Clearly, they know HOW to win this thing and I won't be shocked if they do again.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cobretti2 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I've played BLOPS2  on the Wii U. The graphics at slightly more crisp, but the framerate is basically the same and the handling isnt as comfortable as the current gen consoles, even with the Pro controller. Unlike most, I can actually say I speak from experience.

Also the game was missing AA, there where some levels where you could see the jaggies on the shadows.

Noticed that too? The two games in BLOPS2 and Ninja Gaiden 3 games had jaggies, but yeah I always questioned why I saw them more on the Wii U. I also got some slowdown. Could it be a similar issue that hurt the PS3 with framerate in comparison to the 360 with multiplats?

It is a similar situation; the Wii U CPU is of a different design to PS3/360 and without extensive optimization/adjustment, code for the latter won't run as well on the former.

Zelhawks37 said:

I stand by what I said before. Graphics mean nothing these days. The leap isn't nearly as noticeable, neither is the comparison with Wii U and PS4/Xbox1. What it comes down to for every system is games, plain and simple.

I disagree. 

Morrowind.  Released on the Xbox in 2002. 

Oblivion.  Released on the Xbox 360 in 2006.

Witcher 3.  Will be released on the PS4 and Xbox One in 2014. 

These three games are open world adventure/western RPGs games.  All three have or will have released on consoles the year after the consoles launched.  Witcher 3 looks a lot better in comparison to Oblivion than Oblivion does in comparison to Morrowind.  Hell.  Witcher 3 looks a lot better thatn SKyrim or Witcher 2 in comparison to Oblivion and Morrowind.  Certainly not noticeable.  /s.   

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
Zelhawks37 said:

I stand by what I said before. Graphics mean nothing these days. The leap isn't nearly as noticeable, neither is the comparison with Wii U and PS4/Xbox1. What it comes down to for every system is games, plain and simple.

I disagree. 

Morrowind.  Released on the Xbox in 2002. 

Oblivion.  Released on the Xbox 360 in 2006.

Witcher 3.  Will be released on the PS4 and Xbox One in 2014. 

These three games are open world adventure/western RPGs games.  All three have or will have released on consoles the year after the consoles launched.  Witcher 3 looks a lot better in comparison to Oblivion than Oblivion does in comparison to Morrowind.  Hell.  Witcher 3 looks a lot better thatn SKyrim or Witcher 2 in comparison to Oblivion and Morrowind.  Certainly not noticeable.  /s.   

He doesn't understand that the leap in graphics and power will attribute scale and possibilities not capable in the current gen. Thirty to sixty man matches in Battlefield can be done without breaking a swear next gen in larger maps with less lag. Battlefield 3 on consoles was watered down in order to sell between the PS3 and 360 and now they dont have to worry about Sony and Microsoft having inferior tech any longer. This leaves Nintendo alone in the cold because they never paid attention to the trends in western development. This means they have no chance of getting Final Fantasy 15 either now and that is from a Japanese company.

Are there any hardcore fanboys seriously trying to defend this guy in this thread? Please give me the link of their posts if there are any. Thanks

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Well said Nintendo graphics are not everything!

So what innovative game are you bundling with the WiiU for the price cut?

"A prettier port of a ten year old Zelda game!"

"sigh"

when they announced Wii U they said its all about the experience..when they asked nintendo how powerfull the graphics are they said it was better then ps360 should they have said it wasnt ? AND the ps4 x1 were nowhere to be seen at that time.

and now they said its all about experience when asked how powerfull it is compared to X1 PS4.

I dont see anything wrong or hypocritical with what they said.

its just timing

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

So basically, software sells hardware.

And this is somehow seen to be controversial... Ok.

VGChartz