By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA seems to favor Microsoft over Sony.

Microsoft is throwing money at them and the Xbox 360 was the American multi-platform console of choice because of entry price and Xbox Live. Microsoft and EA have the same vision for the gaming industry, so it was only a matter of time. EA wants maximum profit so the chances of multiplats coming from them are higher than exclusives.

Microsoft and EA see eye to eye when it comes to policies and gamers, but as you saw at E3, EA will leave MS to take the beating if gamers turn on their anti-consumer politics. I also wouldnt be surprised if MS threw at least half a billion or even a billion at EA for preferential treatment.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
MohammadBadir said:
there's M$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, with lots of $, and there's $ony, with little $, EA loves $

A very common error I see posted on the net (I mainly blame the journalism). Both have LOTS of $, Microsoft just has more and flaunts it more. 

OT: A year ago, there were in bed with Sony, now it seems they're on MS's hype train. Just how it is with multi-billion dollar corps.

i was joking :P

MohammadBadir said:
CGI-Quality said:
MohammadBadir said:
there's M$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, with lots of $, and there's $ony, with little $, EA loves $

A very common error I see posted on the net (I mainly blame the journalism). Both have LOTS of $, Microsoft just has more and flaunts it more. 

OT: A year ago, there were in bed with Sony, now it seems they're on MS's hype train. Just how it is with multi-billion dollar corps.

Try using more emoticons than $. Works better. ;)

CGI-Quality said:
MohammadBadir said:
CGI-Quality said:
MohammadBadir said:

$$$$ makes the world go round :D

MohammadBadir said:
CGI-Quality said:
MohammadBadir said:

$$$$ makes the world go round :D

In this case, it didn't help you, though. ;)

Around the Network
Nsanity said:

EA pulled the same shit last gen by favoring Sony over Microsoft, but i guess that was ok because it's Sony..right?

I love when people react like this! Even more so when the people they are complaining about aren't even present in the thread.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

superchunk said:

Yes because MS was more willing to fuck the consumers in EAs favor. Nintendo straight out said "no, please understand" and Sony said "well, let's see what happens when MS announces that." followed by "lol fuck that!".

(of course MS paid for special treatment)

LOL...this pretty much covers it.

iamdeath said:
And they will regret it lol.

Or sony will regret not paying up EA.  Love of or hate them, EA has power in the industry. So does being the official console of the NFL.

DJEVOLVE said:
iamdeath said:
And they will regret it lol.

Or sony will regret not paying up EA.  Love of or hate them, EA has power in the industry. So does being the official console of the NFL.

Yeah...no. Sony has zero to worrty about because of Timed DLC lol.

Going out on a conspiracy theory limb here, but I think that the initial impression that MS has more 3rd party "support" for launch titles (i.e. Titanfall) may have to do with their original DRM plans. Think about it: EA did away with their online pass system shortly before MS announced the Xbone. Coincidence? Or did EA cancel the online pass because they assumed MS and the XBone would be taking over the dirty work of eliminating used game sales.