By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA seems to favor Microsoft over Sony.

CGI-Quality said:
MohammadBadir said:
CGI-Quality said:
MohammadBadir said:
there's M$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, with lots of $, and there's $ony, with little $, EA loves $

A very common error I see posted on the net (I mainly blame the journalism). Both have LOTS of $, Microsoft just has more and flaunts it more. 

OT: A year ago, there were in bed with Sony, now it seems they're on MS's hype train. Just how it is with multi-billion dollar corps.

i was joking :P

Try using more emoticons than $. Works better. ;)

$$$$ makes the world go round :D

Around the Network
Nsanity said:

EA pulled the same shit last gen by favoring Sony over Microsoft, but i guess that was ok because it's Sony..right?

I love when people react like this! Even more so when the people they are complaining about aren't even present in the thread.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

superchunk said:

Yes because MS was more willing to fuck the consumers in EAs favor. Nintendo straight out said "no, please understand" and Sony said "well, let's see what happens when MS announces that." followed by "lol fuck that!".

(of course MS paid for special treatment)

LOL...this pretty much covers it.

iamdeath said:
And they will regret it lol.

Or sony will regret not paying up EA.  Love of or hate them, EA has power in the industry. So does being the official console of the NFL.

DJEVOLVE said:
iamdeath said:

Or sony will regret not paying up EA.  Love of or hate them, EA has power in the industry. So does being the official console of the NFL.

Yeah...no. Sony has zero to worrty about because of Timed DLC lol.

Around the Network

Going out on a conspiracy theory limb here, but I think that the initial impression that MS has more 3rd party "support" for launch titles (i.e. Titanfall) may have to do with their original DRM plans. Think about it: EA did away with their online pass system shortly before MS announced the Xbone. Coincidence? Or did EA cancel the online pass because they assumed MS and the XBone would be taking over the dirty work of eliminating used game sales.

iamdeath said:
DJEVOLVE said:
iamdeath said:

How did EA being the official game of the NFL work out?

Hmm, guess I wasn't going out on such a limb after all:

http://www[dot]videogamer[dot]com/news/why_did_ea_really_drop_online_pass.html

(replace the [dot] s)

DJEVOLVE said:
iamdeath said:
DJEVOLVE said:
iamdeath said:

Sony had NFL Sunday ticket last gen. Will make zero difference. People buy consoles for games period. You can get NFL on everything, no one will by an xbox just for it. Pre-order sales speak for themselves.

iamdeath said:
DJEVOLVE said:
iamdeath said:

Sony had NFL Sunday ticket last gen. Will make zero difference. People buy consoles for games period. You can get NFL on everything, no one will by an xbox just for it. Pre-order sales speak for themselves.

Pre-orders have nothing to do with lifetime sales and the opion's of people who try the systems out. The hardcore crowd is just that, the hardcore. also being that xbox one is 100 more, people are broke and are trying to save money.  Once xbox comes down, I'm sorry they are making all the right moves and yes, NFL fans wanting all the extra's that come with xbox one is going drag a lot of people over. You seem to not understand sports. The fantasy options will bring people over. The options people have on the xbox ONE are yet to be seen by normal average people. Most of my friends are gamers but not hardcore going on websites and watching E3. the NFL will advertise them so much that you can bet it's going push the sh-t out of it. So your telling me advertiseing doesn't work. LOL