By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD will be 50 dollars instead of 60

Michael-5 said:
AlphaCielago said:
Michael-5 said:
AlphaCielago said:

Wii Party U comes with Wiimote+

So that is debatable.

There is a Wiimote++? Or does it just come with a controller?

If that's the case, one has to argue quality and cost to develop. DKCRTF already has an engine, and was clearly a quick job by Retro to make an early title for the Wii U. It will probably be awesome, just saying, like New Super Mario Bros. it's quick and cheap to develop.

Wii Party U might not be much more of a game then Wii Play was.

It's a Wiimote that has the Wii motion+ thingy inside it.

To be honset I don't remember why I quoted you.

To repeat yourself.

Anyway, who cares, be happy.

Wind Waker is a bit much though, most HD remakes are $40.

WWHD does cost more than it should, but it won't matter for me as I'll either buy the bundle or limited edition witht the Ganondorf figurine.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network
AlphaCielago said:

WWHD does cost more than it should, but it won't matter for me as I'll either buy the bundle or limited edition witht the Ganondorf figurine.

Holy Jezus there's a limited edition with a Ganondorf figurine.

Why didn't I know this? Where are all these bombs coming from today? *Cancelling previous pre-order* *Searches for limited edition to pre-order*

EDIT: Bah can't find it yet, why am I so hyped for a game I already finished three times and is not even my favorite in the series by a long shot?

KylieDog said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
One thing I have to give Nintendo credit for is not instantly charging 60.00 for every single game like the other 2 did. Many early Ps3/360 games really didn't deserve the 60.00 price tag
Of course many people wont let the cheaper games or free online get in the way of their hate.
I've seen some really outrageous post since the price drop was announced.

When other companies do HD remasters they bundled 2-3 games together and sell them for $40.

So WW HD is a rip-off even at $50.

WW is not a simple remaster, is a REMAKE. And is Zelda. So is not rip-off

Click HERE and be happy 

KylieDog said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
One thing I have to give Nintendo credit for is not instantly charging 60.00 for every single game like the other 2 did. Many early Ps3/360 games really didn't deserve the 60.00 price tag
Of course many people wont let the cheaper games or free online get in the way of their hate.

When other companies do HD remasters they bundled 2-3 games together and sell them for $40.

You should compare quality, not quantity.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

KylieDog said:
Pavolink said:
KylieDog said:
ListerOfSmeg said:

You should compare quality, not quantity.

Ico and SoTC collection.
GoW Collection.
MGS Collection
RE Revival Selection
Silent Hill Collection

All critically praised games.  Stuck together and sold for cheaper when remastered.  If want to go digital only are even more.

U can get any of the GoW or MGS games for under $10 at a used game store or online (not sure about the other titles) while Wind Waker is still 30-40. Just throwing that out there

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

Ico and SoTC collection.
GoW Collection.
MGS Collection
RE Revival Selection
Silent Hill Collection

All critically praised games.  Stuck together and sold for cheaper when remastered.  If want to go digital only are even more.

Does any of those "collections" have this?

+ Improvement in textures and lighting, whit a resolution at full 1080p

+ New social functions (Miiverse integration, Tingle Bottles system for hints and pics)

+ New difficult system (hero mode at the start)

+ New gameplay elements (off-screen tv, touch controls for inventory and maps)

+ Ingame improvements (Triforce quest tweaked, faster sail, upgraded picto box, new buttons for items used in the boat, no loading in the overwolrd, faster crane animation)

That's the quality I was talking about. And we know how much praise a Zelda game can get.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

ListerOfSmeg said:
Euphoria14 said:
ListerOfSmeg said:

Not sure what you are eluding to, however when Sony and/or Microsoft remade games in HD they sold them for $40, not $50 like Nintendo or $60 like you are claiming.

This is the short list:

Halo Anniversary was $40

God of War Saga was $40

Ratchet Collection was $40

Sly Collection was $40

ICO/SoTC Collection was $40

God of War Origins was $40

I think I made it pretty clear what I was talking about and it wasnt HD remakes because those werent around at the start of the generation.

Nice fail though

Oh and how horrible of Nintendo to charge 10 more for what amounts to more than just an HD graphics upgrade like the games you mentioned..lmao

I misunderstood you then, my bad.

No need to get nasty though.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

The message today I think is Nintendo is getting out of premium pricing and quick, because it alienates a lot of parents/kids.

$50 games, Wii U price cut, cheaper 2DS ... expect a tablet-less Wii U for budget consumers next year too.

Soundwave said:
The message today I think is Nintendo is getting out of premium pricing and quick, because it alienates a lot of parents/kids.

$50 games, Wii U price cut, cheaper 2DS ... expect a tablet-less Wii U for budget consumers next year too.

That's very unlikely to happen.

The gamepad is central to the WiiU. They can't take it out. It would be the same to just have one screen for the 2DS - it would just be a color gameboy.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Smeags said:

Totally dig the box art for Tropical Freeze. Dixie's design is great. ^_^

dat fur 0.o

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d