By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD will be 50 dollars instead of 60

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze will release on December 6th in North America for 50 instead of 60

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/super_mario_3d_world_and_donkey_kong_country_tropical_freeze_dated_for_holiday_bonanza

Any thoughts on why?

edit: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD and Wii Party U will be 50 instead of 60 as well

Around the Network

One thing I have to give Nintendo credit for is not instantly charging 60.00 for every single game like the other 2 did. Many early Ps3/360 games really didn't deserve the 60.00 price tag
Of course many people wont let the cheaper games or free online get in the way of their hate.
I've seen some really outrageous post since the price drop was announced.

I think Nintendo is just taking advantage of the Mario name and are charging $60 for 3D world instead of $50.

What is the normal price of Wii U games anyway?

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:

I think Nintendo is just taking advantage of the Mario name and are charging $60 for 3D world instead of $50.

$60 so far

osed125 said:

It depends on the title. Most third-party games are $59.99. Batman, Spiderman, Need for Speed, Scribblenauts etc.

Exceptions were Sonic All Stars Racing and a few others.

Nintendo Network ID: ali5541

Nintendo Fanboy and Lover of the Tales Series

Around the Network

This is fantastic news! It allows me to put all my eggs in one basket per month, and whatever I don't get, CHRISTMAS! I don't even like celebrating christmas, but I love buying shit for my friends and family, and in turn getting shit from my friends and family!

Wind Waker? One of my favorite games. No tingle tuner? No BS looking for shards? I'm totally in 3x over
Donkey Kong? One of my favorite franchises? Sequel to one of the best games in the 7th gen? I'm totally in!
Link Between Worlds? Sequel to my 3rd favorite game of all time? Oh hells to the MF'in yes!

This is going to be one hell of a season. Thanks, Nintendo!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

TheKingofRedLions said:
osed125 said:

$60

Well in that case I don't understand why DKC is $50. Maybe they don't expect the game to sell well? Don't think that's the reason.

Nintendo and PC gamer

I'm assuming since Donkey Kong Country Returns is still on shelves for both Wii ($30) and 3DS ($35), consumer perception may have been that $60 would seem unreasonable. Also, I think Nintendo is just trying to do EVERYTHING they can to ensure that Wii U has a successful holiday season both in terms of hardware sales AND software sales so that they can run into 2014 with some momentum. If they can enter 2014 with a higher install base and some sales momentum, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros., and the rest of their 2014 lineup so far will ensure that Wii U is riding high all the way through to the next holiday.

On a personal note, I'm THRILLED that a game I was going to buy either way is $10 cheaper. I have so many Wii U and 3DS games to buy over the next 4 months that every little bit helps. With Wind Waker HD, Wii Party U, Sonic Lost World, and DKCTF all being $50, that saves me $40...which is enough money to buy The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds or Mario Party: Island Tour!

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Cause Nintendo is going back to the wii's $50 pricing model

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It´s still on the expensive side...but I´m getting the Special Edition anyway