By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - View of Wii-fit from a non-Wii owner's prespective (No Wii owners allowed)

You want to know how a person who does not own a wii feels about wii fit, well listen up and i'll tell you.

The thing is garbage, it is wrecking the gaming industry, i don't care what the thing does, it sucks and i never want to see one. I feel the wii pad does nothing to benefit games in anyway, i can't see a single reason why anyone would buy one.

And no i am not a hardcore gamer, i am not a PS3fanboy, and not 360fanboy. I love all game systems, i infact can't wait to play Brawl and wii mario cart with the GC controller.

This is my honest opinion, this is not a flame or trolling, he wanted my opinion and i gave it. You guys may feel the same way about games that i love, GTA, GT, and FF and FPS games.

Around the Network

>To understand the expectations of a game like Wii Fit you just have to start to think of the millions of active people who are non-gamers because videogames are "Too Passive" of an activity,

but that's the thing, I'm impossible for me to put myself in that mindset. I've tried to think of it as Yoga but with a really hot instructor.

I still wouldn't do it. I'm also frustrated that for the first time, gamers no-longer agree on what's the best game is. I asked a guy once and he said Wiiplay. And he never heard of FF, Zelda, MP or even Megaman.

What is the world coming to?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

>You want to know how a person who does not own a wii feels about wii fit, well listen up and i'll tell you.

don't worry Griffin, nobody is going to flame you or anybody here. That's why I kept all the Wii fanboy out of this thread. ;)

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Smidlee said:
HappySqurriel said:

...To understand the expectations of a game like Wii Fit you just have to start to think of the millions of active people who are non-gamers because videogames are "Too Passive" of an activity, the millions of men and women who desire to lose weight but find excercise boring and tedious, and the millions of existing gamers who are interested in something (or potentially anything) new ...

In other words you think is will sell because it another weigh loss gimmick which has become a multi-billion dollar industry.

That is part of it, but is (very) far from the main reason ... Anyways, you don't have to understand (or fully understand) why something will sell in order to see that it will sell.

Well, I am a Wii Fanboy as some know, but I'm not going to give an opinion either way (Wii Fit looks kind of fun to me, but not amazing)

I will say this, though (and I've said it before): if we want more people to play games, and if we want the industry to be as diverse as the film industry, we need to accept that unorthodox types of game applications are necessary. To use a movie reference, in addition to the action blockbusters, we've got our comedies, dramas, and yes, even workout DVDs.

Just my 2 cents...

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
kingofwale said:
>To understand the expectations of a game like Wii Fit you just have to start to think of the millions of active people who are non-gamers because videogames are "Too Passive" of an activity,

but that's the thing, I'm impossible for me to put myself in that mindset. I've tried to think of it as Yoga but with a really hot instructor.

I still wouldn't do it. I'm also frustrated that for the first time, gamers no-longer agree on what's the best game is. I asked a guy once and he said Wiiplay. And he never heard of FF, Zelda, MP or even Megaman.

What is the world coming to?

Then he obviosly was not a traditional gamer, so why throw a fit? and truth is, people are intitled to thier opinion, why does the game you love have to be the best game to somebody else, now you are just sounding like a spoilt kid. the truth is the games you love are still coming out by the bucket loads. Gaming is gonna take this step to the mainstream no matter whether you like it or not, except it. Start complaining about things like wii fit when you do not see any games you are interested in. 

I have been gaming for little close 20 years and I, find it troubling how much gamers are complaining to day. There is one major question for all you so called gamers. When did all of you become so Insecure? Why is the introduction of products for other peoples intersts(the non-traditional gamers) become such a threat to you?

This is the way gaming has been heading or shall i say trying to head for so long now. Here is my Advice, relax, breath, everything will be all right. Your love will not in anyway be taken away from you by these new folks.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

kingofwale said:
>that means they don't own the system, right?

System-seller is so overused, reviewers use it all the time, it doesn't mean they will go out and buy another console for it everytime they claim so.

no it means that the game is so good it will get people to buy the console who dont own it i think your thinking of a Must have game not System seller

But anti-Wii fanboy still includes the phrase "Wii fanboy".. get out griffin /sarcasm (don't get offended :P)

btw, why is this in sales discussion? I'm assuming its because you couldn't put it in Nintendo forum and simultaneous tell the Nintendo console owners (ie. the only people here who actually know what wii fit is) to stay out.. but why not in the general forum?

tabsina said:
But anti-Wii fanboy still includes the phrase "Wii fanboy".. get out griffin /sarcasm (don't get offended :P)

btw, why is this in sales discussion? I'm assuming its because you couldn't put it in Nintendo forum and simultaneous tell the Nintendo console owners (ie. the only people here who actually know what wii fit is) to stay out.. but why not in the general forum?

The topic creator is also an anti-wii fanboy, just a more deceptive one.

Either way, here's some insight. Most of us Wii owners don't like Wii-Fit the game. We like the fact that Wii-Fit is gonna propell the Wii to even higher in our pop culture, increase its success and third party support hopefully. A little icing on the cake is that it makes PS3 and 360 fanboys mad, because a crappy exercise minigame is owning their favorite shooter, and propelling the Wii even further into first place.

That's not flaming, this thread seems to be about being honest without flaming, so I just posted that, cause it's the truth. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

>But anti-Wii fanboy still includes the phrase "Wii fanboy".. get out griffin /sarcasm

that's exactly why I said "Wii owner". ;), claiming someone as fanboy is hard and sometimes just an way to degrade other's comment/opinion. Am I not right, ZenfoldorVGI?

;)

selnor
Episode 2: