By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - View of Wii-fit from a non-Wii owner's prespective (No Wii owners allowed)

I don't really want Wii Fit either but my mom is buying it since she wants it, so I might as well play it.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
>But anti-Wii fanboy still includes the phrase "Wii fanboy".. get out griffin /sarcasm

that's exactly why I said "Wii owner". ;), claiming someone as fanboy is hard and sometimes just an way to degrade other's comment/opinion. Am I not right, ZenfoldorVGI?

;)

No, it's not. I agree with your opinions. However, I stand firm behind the fact that you are a Wii-hater, wheather you realize it or not.

You continually post threads containing negative news about anything related to Nintendo. These threads aren't directly negative, but when you look at the overall body of them, you can definately see a pattern.

I don't think your a horrible anti-Wii hater or fanboy, or anything of the sort, but I do think you don't like the Wii and pleasure in any struggles it may encounter. Is this not correct? I may have read you wrong.

Do you enjoy the Wii, or in your eyes is it the worst console of this generation? 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

>I stand firm behind the fact that you are a Wii-hater, wheather you realize it or not.

labeling others will get you banned one day, and it just weaken your argument if you depend on "Oh, you are just a ****fanboy", it's hardly a capable comeback.

Instead, focus on the topic and it will do your opinion some justice.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Wii Fit appears to be a game that is being sold on a false pretence to entice those gullible enough to believe that it will indeed make one fit. It's taking advantage of society's insecurities and I wouldn't support such software regardless of console.

Honestly, it seems like the type of product one typically sees on an infomercial. It really is the bottom of the barrel as far as software goes.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

Wii owner from day one and while I see WiiFit selling well, it just doesn't look like my type of game.

I do see some potential in the balance board, though. Will be interesting to see what developers are able to do with it.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
>I stand firm behind the fact that you are a Wii-hater, wheather you realize it or not.

labeling others will get you banned one day, and it just weaken your argument if you depend on "Oh, you are just a ****fanboy", it's hardly a capable comeback.

Instead, focus on the topic and it will do your opinion some justice.

Again, I'm not labeling you, I just made an assumption about you, that I assume is correct.

I asked you if you denied it. If you do deny it, then I will certainly apologize for misreading you. However, I believe if I ask the question in another form than I have presented it, it will leave room for you to dodge the real question, which is this:

Do you believe the Wii is the worst console this generation, and if so, for what reason, and if not, for what reason?

Again, not labeling you, or trying to get you angry, but I feel your trying to weasle out of answering it. If I was wrong, I will gladly apologize.

If your want to reply, I only request that the answer to the question I raised be included in that reply.

I know you think I'm trying to marginalize your opinion, but I'm not, I'm just saying that like my own opinion, yours might not be as completely unbiased as you assert. 

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

kingofwale said:

I'm also frustrated that for the first time, gamers no-longer agree on what's the best game is. I asked a guy once and he said Wiiplay. And he never heard of FF, Zelda, MP or even Megaman.

What is the world coming to?

To answer your question, i have to say that not everyone knows all the (top/most rated) games.

I used to play on PS1 four years back. All i knew at that time is twisted metal and some movie related games(spiderman, harry potter, etc). I have no idea what other games are. I came to know about all the FF, Zelda, etc games recently, when i started browsing the net.

FYI, I am from India.(In here video games are mostly some third party clones of NES). So, not many people know about final fantasy or zelda or some other game.

I am a PC gamer.

>I just made an assumption about you,

debater rule number 1. do NOT let your personal feeling influence your view.

debater rule number 2. focus on the topic, not your opponent.

debater rule number 3. do not label others, as everyone will feel that you are unable to defend your point without going into personal attacks.

Follow those rules and you will improve your ability.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I only have a 360 and frankly I don't care about wiifit. I see the potential though. If they get a kick ass snowboarding game or ski game i'm sold; i'll buy it.

BTW I don't understand people hating on wiifit (mostly ps3 owners, I don't know why) like who cares. Its expanding the market which is good for everyone. Its selling well so give it credit. As for people saying people that like games like wiifit or brain training aren't real gamers, you guys need to get off your high horses and stop being snobs. Who are you to judge them?

Well Rol, if there was.. i'm sure the first reply from a non-ps owner would have been "Eyetoy: Kinetic?.. that'll never work with just a dual shock controller..." (look at the first non-wii owner reply in this thread for the source of my half arse attempt at a joke)