By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yakuza: Ishin hardware announcement due before TGS (hint: 9) and will have JRPG elements

http://gematsu.com/2013/08/yakuza-ishin-hardware-announcement-due-before-tgs

Yakuza: Ishin was announced without a platform, though its appearance in Dengeki PlayStation this week suggests it’s coming to a PlayStation console. Series creator Toshihiro Nagoshi previously said Yakuza 5 would be the last Yakuza game on PlayStation 3, suggesting Ishin to be a PlayStation 4 game. Our speculation will end before the Tokyo Game Show, which runs from September 19 to 22, as Nagoshi said on a live stream today the platform would be announced prior to the Chiba event. Perhaps, then, we’ll see it at Sony Japan’s September 9 press conference? 

Nagoshi also revealed that Majima Goro, the series’ much-loved Majima Family boss, will play the role of Okita Soji in the game’s Meiji Restoration-set story. Okita was the captain of the first unit of the Shinsengumi, which protagonist Kazuma Kiryu, playing Sakamoto Ryoma, will join under the name of Saito Hajime.

Outside the live stream, Sega confirmed Daigo Dojima to be appearing as Tokugawa Yoshinobu, the 15th and last shogun of the Tokugawa shogunate of Japan.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=661749

Around the Network

Dreamcast 2!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Dreamcast 2!

Oh please NiKKoM, its coming to a PlayStation platform, not a Nintendo platform.

Unless its Vita, then I take it all back.

PS4 or bust!

I would say it's a PS3/PS4 game.

It's obviously PS4, looking at the screenshots. And since they said Y5 was the last one on PS3, it may be a PS4 exclusive, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was cross-gen.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

PS4 baby! A small part of me hopes Vita will get some action too, but I have my doubts based on the screens.

And ... nice avatar, NoCtis. You too Carl.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

...this is so hard to guess...maybe PS4 ?

Carl2291 said:
NiKKoM said:
Dreamcast 2!

Oh please NiKKoM, its coming to a PlayStation platform, not a Nintendo platform.

PS4 or bust!

I laughed too much at this.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It's obviously a PS4 at this point, just confirm  it already >_>

I can see Majima as Okita......now who will be Hijikata.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Carl2291 said:
NiKKoM said:
Dreamcast 2!

PS4 or bust!