By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yakuza: Ishin hardware announcement due before TGS (hint: 9) and will have JRPG elements

More RPG elements in a Yakuza game?

Ugh, I want this. But no point getting my hopes up.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
eFKac said:
Can't wait to wait for it to never leave Japan.

Haven't all the other Yakuzas been released outside of Japan?

We missed Yakuza Kenzan on PS3.  It was an early title (before 3 & 4) and seems to bear a lot of similarities to this one (set in a historical time, rather than modern-day Kamurocho).

We're also missing two PSP "Black Panther" spin-offs; and then most recently, Yakuza 5.

CGI-Quality said:

But the rest still went WW. So, it's hit-or-miss, but with it being a new gen release, I'd imagine Sony working with Sega to localize it.

Well, let's hope so :P

Kresnik said:

We missed Yakuza Kenzan on PS3.  It was an early title (before 3 & 4) and seems to bear a lot of similarities to this one (set in a historical time, rather than modern-day Kamurocho).

We're also missing two PSP "Black Panther" spin-offs; and then most recently, Yakuza 5.

Trivia all of the Yakuza on PS3 had a March release date in the west. I am expecting Yakuza 5 to be released at March 2014.  I still expect some news from the coming events so all hopes is not lost. (Playstation conference or TGS.)

Previous Yakuza's released date with the exception of Y5 had a Feb-mar release date. Yakuza dead soul was supposedly march 2011 but due to earthquake and tsunami the game was delayed.