By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Women and Children First?

Depends on the woman. I'd put women in my family on first and shoot any man who tried to get in front of them.

Around the Network

Putting women and children first is not really about equality. Just because the two sexes are equal doesn't mean chivalry and honor are dead. If you're a man you need to put women and children first.

mysticwolf said:
I think the idea is because women can bear children, and it's also polite. As someone else said, mothers should be given priority over those who are not mothers of children.

But back when this guideline was made, the world was not overpopulated. Now it kind of is, but the guideline still remains.

"It's also polite" isn't good reasoning. It would also be polite to let men go first. 

I think that women should be allowed first for two reasons:

1) They're on average physically weaker than males.

2) You don't know which ones are pregnant or not (leading back to the "children first" mentality).

children are spoiled rotten nowadays might as well drown a couple while still on the ship before getting off

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I would put MY woman and children first, that's what a man should do. Other women and children? Probably not. I might risky life for strangers but it's doubtful I would give it. I wouldn't want my loved ones to suffer the sadness of losing me.

Around the Network
wfz said:

"It's also polite" isn't good reasoning. It would also be polite to let men go first. 

I think that women should be allowed first for two reasons:

1) They're on average physically weaker than males.

2) You don't know which ones are pregnant or not (leading back to the "children first" mentality).

The first one is a terrible reason from an evoluationary standpoint because those weak women will go on to have weak children and make the whole species weaker.

So the more powerful men should all survive and mate with each other to breed a race of super beings!

DestructorGT said:
That's what I'm always saying, women want equal rights, but then if sometimes in the future a war started, most of them would not want to be recruited. And about children, yes they are children and our future but how do we know that some of them will not be the next dictator or a serial killer (Hitler and Ted Bundy were also children) . On a sinking ship it should be ''first come, first served''.

put a pms-ing woman with ak47 in war....

but yeah first come first serve.... with no blue parking space in the lifeboat.....

Women can float a ton more easily due to having more bodyfat. I was taught this in swimming lessons. Anyways, only te children under 214 have priority I think there really is no reason women deserve to live more. I can gurantee I can out swim most people, but because of this fact I still deserve a boat as much as any.

Billionaires and children first!

-Scrooge McDuck

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Weedlab said:
How could you??? I'm a woman!!!

thats one shitty, shitty fight scene