By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamescom: Ubisoft Has Faith in Vita, Wii U

Tagged games:

Are you planning to get a Vita and/or WiiU?

WiiU 33 19.53%

Vita 25 14.79%

Both 11 6.51%

Already have a WiiU 54 31.95%

Already have a Vita 30 17.75%

Already have both 8 4.73%

Neither 7 4.14%

Total:168

Next gen for Ubi will be all hands on deck, even Sony seem to be doing that (hence all the courting indie developers to fill the void on Vita) Eitherway, they're under no obligation to support Vita regardless of how past titles have sold, it's their own business decision.

They obviously felt the resources were better focused on ACIV than making a PSV game this year.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
oniyide said:
Munkeh111 said:

But the team is working on AC IV because making AC III Liberation was less profitable.

thats just speculation or your part, they didnt say anything like that, they are making AC4 because they were told to

But that is the only logical reason for Ubisoft to decide that those resources are better spent on AC IV than a Vita game

no not really, This is the biggest game in the franchise in a while, one forgets they are also putting it on next gen consoles which would require even more man power. PC,PS3/4, WiiU, Xbone/360 thats alot of platforms. two more than last year. I think they have more people working on this entry than any other one prior.

Hopefully Ubisoft doesn't drop it's WiiU support, they make some really great games.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Chris1596 said:
I hope they both pick up soon and actually do well

Vita will most likely pick up a bit with its pricecut. Ninty is betting on the games this year, but it doesn't really have any big hitter arriving, it will most likely pick up in 2014.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

oniyide said:
Munkeh111 said:
oniyide said:

thats just speculation or your part, they didnt say anything like that, they are making AC4 because they were told to

But that is the only logical reason for Ubisoft to decide that those resources are better spent on AC IV than a Vita game

no not really, This is the biggest game in the franchise in a while, one forgets they are also putting it on next gen consoles which would require even more man power. PC,PS3/4, WiiU, Xbone/360 thats alot of platforms. two more than last year. I think they have more people working on this entry than any other one prior.

AC III was meant to be the biggest game in the franchise! They could always just hire a few extra people to port it. I just feel that they could have slightly cut back on AC IV to make another Vita game. They definitely could have done and they definitely chose not to

Around the Network

Faith, what people say when they don't have a good reason for believing something.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Munkeh111 said:
oniyide said:
Munkeh111 said:
oniyide said:

AC III was meant to be the biggest game in the franchise! They could always just hire a few extra people to port it. I just feel that they could have slightly cut back on AC IV to make another Vita game. They definitely could have done and they definitely chose not to

The scale of this one is going to be much larger. Im not disagreeing with what you said. Im just saying just cause they chose that route, doesnt mean that they dont have faith in Vita. Its simply for development reasons. Hell they were supposed to do a 3DS game and the killed that and used some of those ideas and assests for Revelations. I would have loved a follow up but hey i just saved 50 bucks.

oniyide said:
Munkeh111 said:
oniyide said:

The scale of this one is going to be much larger. Im not disagreeing with what you said. Im just saying just cause they chose that route, doesnt mean that they dont have faith in Vita. Its simply for development reasons. Hell they were supposed to do a 3DS game and the killed that and used some of those ideas and assests for Revelations. I would have loved a follow up but hey i just saved 50 bucks.

I think it is time to disagree. I just hope AC IV is damm good, because I really enjoyed Liberation

Munkeh111 said:
oniyide said:
Munkeh111 said:
oniyide said:

I think it is time to disagree. I just hope AC IV is damm good, because I really enjoyed Liberation

yep, for your sake i hope it is. But after 3...if I never play another Assassin's Creed game again ill be fine with that.