By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Other HD Revisions Would You Like To See (Ala Wind Waker)?

Metroid Prime. This game is the reason I got off my PC and back into console gaming. Make it happen Nintendo.

Around the Network

TWIN SNAKES!!!
TWIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN SNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and there was another game I played on the Cube called Metal Arms that I thought was underrated. I think Activision owns the rights to that one now? But I don't think it was profitable so it probably won't happen.

Like TK14 said, what I want are new games/entries in the series, not HD remakes. Having said that and counting only Wii games (as they are newer and the upscale should be easier), I'll go with:

-Xenoblade
-Metroid Prime Trilogy
-Endless Ocean 1&2

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Speaking exclusively of Nintendo franchises, and 3D games at that:

I'd really like to see an HD remake of Super Mario 64, for Wii U. I know they already did it on DS early on. But the biggest thing I got out of Super Mario Galaxy 2, after playing that level, was that I really wanted to see an entire remake like that. Or now, better yet, on Wii U, with even better graphics.

I would also, someday, love to see Twilight Princess get the same WWHD treatment. I think it deserves it. Speaking of the original GC version, of course.

Beyond that, I have been waiting years for them to make a color remake of Metroid 2, so more people can actually play/enjoy that entry in the series.

Around the Network

Honestly, I'd love to see some but we are mainly getting Wind Waker because it holds up well thanks to the art style without a lot of work. Still, HD revisions/enhanced ports/whatever I would like to see...

- F-Zero GX , my word that would be beautiful. I would say F-Zero X but I can't see them matching the speed that one had with its simple polygon vehicles especially in HD.

- The Last Story , I know most say Xenoblade but I think The Last Story could use the love more.

- Kid Icarus Uprising , I think the franchise would benefit from a full blown HD release and the controls with either the GamePad or Wii remote and nunchuk would be a vast improvement over the 3DS.

- Sin and Punishment: Successors of Earth , man after the obvious rush job that was the sequel I'd love to experience the original in HD glory.

- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, now THAT would be a HD collection I'd love to see, so long as someone besides Intelligent systems is working on the graphics because they don't do polygons good. They can handle the main gameplay portions, improvements here and there but when it comes to someone work on the graphics, let a more experienced HD developer handle the lions share of that side of production.

every Nintendo 1st party game ever fron N64 on...

Mario Sunshine HD, with the same production values and care given to it as Wind Waker HD.

Would buy it in an instant.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

zorg1000 said:
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Star Fox Adventures
Mario Galaxy 1+2
Mario Sunshine
F-Zero GX
Pikmin 1+2

If they were going to do Pikmin 1+2, I'd figure they do it BEFORE 3 released.  Isn't that what they did with GOW 1+2 on PS3?  And the Galaxies might be too "fresh", although maybe the easiest to port.

First, I'd like to see HD trilogies like other system's get. Specifically:

Endless Ocean 1,2 and 3 (not out yet) or Everblue 1/2 included instead.

Fatal Frame 2, 3, 4

Metroid Trilogy (natch)

Xenoblade, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower