By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Other HD Revisions Would You Like To See (Ala Wind Waker)?

F-Zero GX and Majora's Mask are the only games that comes to mind. The thing about GX though is that it still looks great today while I don't think the series is ready for an online mode yet: The lag would be too to annoying even at around 12 players, as the high speeds makes it even more apparent and influential. (Mainly in regards to spin attacks.)

Majora's Mask would be a great fit for any of the current Nintendo consoles though. Both of them already got one Legend of Zelda remake each though, so I wouldn't want or expect it until later this generation.

Around the Network

Xenoblade (if I could play that offscreen I would take my Wii U on the train)...
F-Zero GX...
I always liked Twilight Princess...
Pilotwings 64...
1080 (the first one)...
SuperMario RPG and the first two Paper Mario titles...
The first three DKC games would be gorgeous...
Above all others: Eternal Darkness...
I'm very aware of the fact that the gameplay has aged poorly...
I don't care...

Have a nice day...

I'm hesitant to say anything because I wouldn't want HD re-releases to substitute for actual NEW games in various franchises. But, if we're assuming that these would just be "extras" to flesh out the release schedule and that NEW games would still appear on Wii U for every franchise, then these are the ones that I'd buy without hesitation:

Xenoblade Chronicles HD

The Last Story HD

Super Mario 64 HD (remade with the 3D World or Galaxy or the eventual Super Mario Universe engine)

Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (I feel like we might get this in 2016 after the NEW Wii U Zelda in 2014 or 2015. 3DS got Ocarina 3D...then NEW A Link Between Worlds...and I STILL think it'll get Majora's Mask 3D in 2015, so then Wii U would get Wind Waker HD....NEW Wii U Zelda...and then Twilight Princess HD...3 Zeldas: 2 remakes and 1 new game for each system. Plus 2016 would be the 10-year anniversary for TP)

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD (won't happen, but it'd be beautiful)

Kid Icarus: Uprising HD (I'd LOVE a port of that game for Wii U in HD with Wiimote pointer-controls along  with the nunchuk for moving Pit...but even more I'd just love a brand new, HD Kid Icarus in the same vein as Uprising)

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Xenoblade. That is all.

In my opinion, nothing else first party on the Gamecube or Wii falls into that, this has to be remade category.

Resident Evil remake and Phantasy Star Online 1 and 2 would be my pick for third party titles.

It's not from Nintendo, but I'd love to see Baten Kaitos remade. The touch screen would make dealing the cards so much easier.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network

Xenoblade

Xenoblade

Xenoblade

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Skyward Sword would be interesting cos graphically it looked like it badly wanted/needed to be in hd...dunno if I could be bothered ever playing it again, at least not for now but I'd sure like to see it.

I would love for Pikmin and Pikmin 2, but I definitely want to see a Super Mario 64 remake. The ultimate list is post by zorg1000.

I want 1080p Mario Sunshine with bloom lighting out the wazoo, lol. Mario 64 too.

I guess Xenoblade would be a good idea, even if its only come out a few years ago.

F-zero GX would be a great idea aswell.