By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Phil Harrison: Xbox One Will Never Come Without Kinect

"CVG: A quick word on Kinect - I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it. You are doing this for developer-related reasons as much as your own. You want all developers to know that they can always implement Kinect technology because it always comes with every system. Would that be correct?

Phil Harrison: Correct. Xbox One is Kinect. They are not separate systems. An Xbox One has chips, it has memory, it has Blu-ray, it has Kinect, it has a controller. These are all part of the platform ecosystem."

Well that's a shame, I was hope for a Kinectless version sometime next year. Maybe they'll pull another 180?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Thank you for the information agent Harrison

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

That's fine with me. I probably would've gotten the Kinect bundle anyway if they had made it optional.

good, whats the point of having 2 of the same boxes for the next gen again? its a risk but we need someone atleast trying something different.

I agree, they should stick to their guns on this one, believe in your product, because if you keep changing it, people won't believe in it.

But.. on the other hand they also said they weren't going to get rid of DRM or switch off Kinect.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

It'll be a waste of their money not having that thing in the box.

heck I'm even willing to bet that most of the people that say they don't want Kinect will be using it one way or the other down the line with this gen... except the really hard headed one that just want to prove a point and are not afraid of looking silly for doing so....

Good good...Agent Harrison, the plan is proceeding as expected. We shall keep in touch.

Oh God... some time after this guy says something, the opposite happens.

180?

So Kinectless SKU confirmed.

I give it 6 months from launch.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron