By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Minecraft on Vita but not WiiU??

Great news comes from Gamecom. PS4, PS3, VITA getting minecraft! thats awesome, ill definitely get it for vita (once i get a vita lol) but still nothing for WiiU? If there putting it on vita obviously sales isnt something thats holding them back. And now since porting games to WiiU with that New Nintendo Web Framework but even still the gamepad would be perfect for this game. Nintendo REALLY needs to improve there relationship with big western developers, not just indies! maybe if nintendo sent notch a Gold Nintendo 64 we would see Minecraft for WiiU but other than that lets be honest, this shouldnt be a big surprise. The only thing thats stopping Them from putting Minecraft on WiiU is that Nintendo logo on the console if it was another company we wouldnt even have the decision. Minecraft is on EVERYTHING except a nintendo platform :P

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

Nintendo isn't cool enough to get Minecraft. They won't even put Steve in Super Smash Bros.

Wait for it. Now it's left MS, it's a matter of time.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

The development time for the Wii U version would probably take longer since they would have to develop the separate UI and stream code tech to handle it.

The PS3/PS4/PSVita is pretty much a straight port of the portable/console versions.

Even the 3DS version would be extra development time compared to the PSVita version.

Give it another 6-12 months before the Wii U/3DS versions come out.

BTW no way should there be a map on the gamepad, get real.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

I doubt NCL knows what Minecraft even is much less care about securing it.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network
dharh said:

The development time for the Wii U version would probably take longer since they would have to develop the separate UI and stream code tech to handle it.

The PS3/PS4/PSVita is pretty much a straight port of the portable/console versions.

Even the 3DS version would be extra development time compared to the PSVita version.

I'm not following.

I get your point, but I don't get why you mentioned that title will be available on Vita (handheld) and not wiiu (Console) ? Is it in terms of Doomness ?

It really should. It's a great game for kids, where they can actually work cooperatively.

And I don't think it is quite jumped the shark yet.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Vita is part of playstation ecosystem and similar in achitecture to the PS4. Its also unique to the series because it is handheld. I think they're just moving one step at a time, although minecraft would work great on the Wii U, I don't think there has been any demand for it.

noname2200 said:
dharh said:

I'm not following.

The concept isn't hard. The second screen, whether its the gamepad or the 2nd screen on the 3DS, would require NEW CODE. Meaning it would take more time to develop and test etc. The PS3/PS4/PSVita version are pretty much going to be straight ports of the code that has already been written.

As a programmer I know how this stuff works. The Wii U/3DS version are going to take longer and Nintendo probably doesn't even give a shit about Minecraft so of course those versions are going to come later rather than sooner.

Do I need to explain more?

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.