By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Minecraft on Vita but not WiiU??

no ones going to bother making a wiiu version it must be more effort to incorp the gamepad functions, instead of saying why arnt all these games coming out on wiiu just buy a console where all these games do come out on.

problem solved!!!!!

OT for inventory management the gamepad would be ideal but not a gamebreaker either way

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
dharh said:

The concept isn't hard. The second screen, whether its the gamepad or the 2nd screen on the 3DS, would require NEW CODE. Meaning it would take more time to develop and test etc. The PS3/PS4/PSVita version are pretty much going to be straight ports of the code that has already been written.

As a programming I know how this stuff works. The Wii U/3DS version are going to take longer and Nintendo probably doesn't even give a shit about Minecraft so of course those versions are going to come later rather than sooner.

Do I need to explain more?

I'm afraid so. I'd be surprised if you could simply directly port the code from a PC or 360 game to no fewer than three individual platforms, for example. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, of course, but that doesn't sound right to me at all. Conversely, using the second screen for something functional (map, inventory, etc.) would likely take a bit of effort, but slapping a logo on the bottom screen sounds simple enough, no?

The answer to why Wii U didn't got Minecraft is simple: it's a console made by Nintendo.

It has nothing to do with needing to add specific features for the Wii U version. They could only put a map there and call it a day. If it was about the trouble of adding functions, then a Vita version also wouldn't be made, since it has a touchscreen and a touchpad.

RazorDragon said:

The answer to why Wii U didn't got Minecraft is simple: it's a console made by Nintendo.

It has nothing to do with needing to add specific features for the Wii U version. They could only put a map there and call it a day. If it was about the trouble of adding functions, then a Vita version also wouldn't be made, since it has a touchscreen and a touchpad.

Too bad Nintendo has a bad (I guess non-existant is a better word?) relationship with a lot of external developers. It takes a lot of effort and money to get indie developers on your platform.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It'll come. It's being ported now. E3 2014 announcement

Nintendo Network ID: Scrumptious

3DS Friend Code: 4141-2615-9052

Circle me on Google+

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
RazorDragon said:

Too bad Nintendo has a bad (I guess non-existant is a better word?) relationship with a lot of external developers. It takes a lot of effort and money to get indie developers on your platform.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wds4zKJXNZw

Nintendo needs to start paying developers money under the desk like MS does. They will not only release the games on Wii U but also release it months earlier in advance giving them exclusivity for a few months. MS tactics, sal bout munneh! $$$$$$$$$

MohammadBadir said:
outlawauron said:
RazorDragon said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wds4zKJXNZw

and you really want to compare that to what Sony and MS are doing?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Thread is pretty much answered by dhar.

Anyway, Mojang is a really small and rich developer. They only do the PC version of Minrecraft and outsource the development of the other versions to small developers. That is partly why the updates for the 360 version are always way behind PC versions. With such limited man power and the lack of much user base for the Wii U I am not surprised they are not doing one yet.

noname2200 said:
dharh said:

The concept isn't hard. The second screen, whether its the gamepad or the 2nd screen on the 3DS, would require NEW CODE. Meaning it would take more time to develop and test etc. The PS3/PS4/PSVita version are pretty much going to be straight ports of the code that has already been written.

As a programming I know how this stuff works. The Wii U/3DS version are going to take longer and Nintendo probably doesn't even give a shit about Minecraft so of course those versions are going to come later rather than sooner.

Do I need to explain more?

I'm afraid so. I'd be surprised if you could simply directly port the code from a PC or 360 game to no fewer than three individual platforms, for example. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, of course, but that doesn't sound right to me at all. Conversely, using the second screen for something functional (map, inventory, etc.) would likely take a bit of effort, but slapping a logo on the bottom screen sounds simple enough, no?

Actually the work to convert the PC -> X360 was the hardest part so far since the PC version is JAVA based while as far as I know the X360 was mostly new code. Likewise iOS Portable Minecraft. I think the Android Portable Minecraft was able to re-use alot of the original JAVA code.

It is much easier to port the X360 version now to the PS3/PS4. I believe they might be using the Non-Portable specific version of Minecraft for the PSVita but I guess we need more details on that.

As for 'slapping' a logo on the bottom screen. LOL. People would be screaming to high hell if that is what they did for the 3DS/Wii U version. Calling them lazy bastards for not putting in the time to make true use of the second screen.

And again, NO MAP should be visible on the second screen all the time. That is not how minecraft works/should work. You need to create a map first, explore to fill in the map, then, maybe you could view the map on the second screen for limited periods of time.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.