By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony GamesCom was awesome! Only Sony takes Europe serious now?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:

Sony Gamescon was awesome? Seriously?

It was a boring-fest of "Developers saying how cool this is", Indie games, some cool first and third-party games (Some of them were already announced) and Ubisoft Ubisoft Ubisoft.

It sucked, in my opinion.

Sony used Gamescom to send a message. MS is paying bigtime for turning on the indy devs. Also, Sony is definitely going to destroy their launch already out pre-ordering Microsoft and launching in 3 times the countries.

So What, who cares if Sony will sell more preorders than MS if you did not feel the content or the games on offer from Sony is giving you that "purchase" feeling.  I did not see any message that Sony sent.  Instead if anything, Sony hype dropped more during this conference than anything else.  As for MS turning on Indie devs, its hard for me to see that especially with the deals they have put into place.  Giving indie devs free license to Unity, giving them devs kits for free, helping to fund them and give free tools and resources.  If anything MS is sending a message that indies are more than welcome on their platform and MS will give them the support, tools and resources to make their games a success.

Also MS already have some very nice looking indie games comeing to the platform as well.  There is no shortage of indie support and from what I can tell, all of the indie games coming to Sony console probably will be coming to all of the consoles.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony used Gamescom to send a message.

Cool, but that doesn't make it less boring-fest.

Wow...even I wasnt the biggest fan of indy games this gen but if MS turned their policies indy devs making games like that they kind of deserved to get clobbered by fate. That is the definition of karma.

Cool I say. I stand still with my opinion, it was a boring-fest of a gamescon.

Machiavellian said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:

It was a boring-fest of "Developers saying how cool this is", Indie games, some cool first and third-party games (Some of them were already announced) and Ubisoft Ubisoft Ubisoft.

Sony used Gamescom to send a message. MS is paying bigtime for turning on the indy devs. Also, Sony is definitely going to destroy their launch already out pre-ordering Microsoft and launching in 3 times the countries.

So What, who cares if Sony will sell more preorders than MS if you did not feel the content or the games on offer from Sony is giving you that "purchase" feeling.  I did not see any message that Sony sent.  Instead if anything, Sony hype dropped more during this conference than anything else.  As for MS turning on Indie devs, its hard for me to see that especially with the deals they have put into place.  Giving indie devs free license to Unity, giving them devs kits for free, helping to fund them and give free tools and resources.  If anything MS is sending a message that indies are more than welcome on their platform and MS will give them the support, tools and resources to make their games a success.

Also MS already have some very nice looking indie games comeing to the platform as well.  There is no shortage of indie support and from what I can tell, all of the indie games coming to Sony console probably will be coming to all of the consoles.

Compared to the support Microsoft could have had there is a shortage of support because with the fees Microsoft recently cut back on. Now devs can bring their games to the Xbone is peace. If its hard for you see what Sony was saying about Microsoft making life hard for indy devs look no further to the head of that branch of Sonys pun.

Yes, I would've loved to see more titles retail titles at launch at Gamescom to tell you the truth, but granted they still showed a lot.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Machiavellian said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:

Compared to the support Microsoft could have had there is a shortage of support because with the fees Microsoft recently cut back on. Now devs can bring their games to the Xbone is peace. If its hard for you see what Sony was saying about Microsoft making life hard for indy devs look no further to the head of that branch of Sonys pun.

Yes, I would've loved to see more titles retail titles at launch at Gamescom to tell you the truth, but granted they still showed a lot.

Yes but are we saying that MS will rise and fall at release by not having a bunch of indie games on the platform if they are going to get those games anyway.  Unless Sony has secured those good indie games as exclusive then I do not see where this will be a problem.  Right now, it appears that MS has if not better a more complete indie developer solution.  Probably when the dust settles there will be no real advantage in this area.

I know I am not basing my purchase decision on how many indie games show up on either consoles.  I will say I like to have as much gaming options as possible so having a large indie catalog is good but I really on care about the good games.  So far both MS and Sony bring good indie games to their console and even with MS old ways they were and still able to bring a lot of very good titles to Arcade.  Having more indies is a plus but not something that gets me to pay 400 bones when most of those titles I can get on steam, IOS, Android, PS3 and 360.

Machiavellian said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yes but are we saying that MS will rise and fall at release by not having a bunch of indie games on the platform if they are going to get those games anyway.  Unless Sony has secured those good indie games as exclusive then I do not see where this will be a problem.  Right now, it appears that MS has if not better a more complete indie developer solution.  Probably when the dust settles there will be no real advantage in this area.

I know I am not basing my purchase decision on how many indie games show up on either consoles.  I will say I like to have as much gaming options as possible so having a large indie catalog is good but I really on care about the good games.  So far both MS and Sony bring good indie games to their console and even with MS old ways they were and still able to bring a lot of very good titles to Arcade.  Having more indies is a plus but not something that gets me to pay 400 bones when most of those titles I can get on steam, IOS, Android, PS3 and 360.

They both have a similar amount of launch titles. Great looking lineups that are around the same amount (minus the indy games). It just depends on what you want first or which you will just be definitively buying since they are so similar. Luckily I have a PC, so I can supplement some of the PC/Xbox titles until the timed exclusivity wears off. As for the indy games some of them are exclusive and some are timed exclusives.Depends on what we're looking at.

I've got my hands full still with my PS3. Sony got me to buy AC4 with that Aveline DLC. I was going to hold off and buy it used but I watched my friend play as Aveline on her Vita and it was pretty good. I cant wait to see her tie in with Conners grandfather in the exclusive DLC. The Playstation version is truly the definitive version because of the handheld/console combo.

I will buy an Xbone, just when Halo comes out. 

Around the Network

To be fair, 6.5 defines perfectly Sony's conference.

Is it time to call the Vita the Indie Handheld? Yes, but I'm dissapointed. A tremendous piece of harware wasted in those kind of games.

ethomaz said:
Turkish you need to fix your OP... Sony announced today 21 new PS4 games and not 14.

Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture (Dear Esther devs)
Resogun (Housemarque)
Shadow of the Beast
Flower (?!)
Rime
Hell Divers

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Starbound
Fez
Velocity Ultra 2X
Rogue Legacy
N++
Volume
Guns of Icarus Online
Wasteland Kings
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Minecraft
Assault Android Cactus
Final Horizon
Switch Galaxy Ultra
Samurai Gunn

Correct, fixing it!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Machiavellian said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

They both have a similar amount of launch titles. Great looking lineups that are around the same amount (minus the indy games). It just depends on what you want first or which you will just be definitively buying since they are so similar. Luckily I have a PC, so I can supplement some of the PC/Xbox titles until the timed exclusivity wears off. As for the indy games some of them are exclusive and some are timed exclusives.Depends on what we're looking at.

I've got my hands full still with my PS3. Sony got me to buy AC4 with that Aveline DLC. I was going to hold off and buy it used but I watched my friend play as Aveline on her Vita and it was pretty good. I cant wait to see her tie in with Conners grandfather in the exclusive DLC. The Playstation version is truly the definitive version because of the handheld/console combo.

I agree that the PS3 has become a nice beast especially if you have a vita which I do.  Actually have 2 as my older son has one as well.  As for next gen, I am actually considering upgrading my PC instead of the PS4 or X1.  Both have not provided enough content at launch or in 6 months where I feel I need either one.  I can easily upgrade my PC so playing BF4, Division, Watch Dogs and a few other titles easily tide me over and I have a PS3 and 360 for the rest.

Machiavellian said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Machiavellian said:

I agree that the PS3 has become a nice beast especially if you have a vita which I do.  Actually have 2 as my older son has one as well.  As for next gen, I am actually considering upgrading my PC instead of the PS4 or X1.  Both have not provided enough content at launch or in 6 months where I feel I need either one.  I can easily upgrade my PC so playing BF4, Division, Watch Dogs and a few other titles easily tide me over and I have a PS3 and 360 for the rest.

True. I am picking up my PS4 in late february when InFamous: Second Son launches. Until then next gen can wait. Enjoy the PC, but eventually the consoles exclusives will pile up when they are walking towards the second year. Smart plan on waiting.

Once again, same as E3, they just needed to announce ONE new major exclusive. With this, conference would've been pushed to excellent; but, without it, the conference fell fairly flat.

Loved the price cuts (especially vita--ill be getting one now), minecraft and Fez announcements, and new infamous trailer.