By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony GamesCom was awesome! Only Sony takes Europe serious now?

GamechaserBE said:
Giving away Fifa 14 is more of showing you care though.

Giving away FIFA 14 is more a "sorry" for the affected preorders in the delayed countries... the free FIFA is just for preorders... MS said when delayed the consoles in 8 countries that they will give a free game.

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
32 countries vs 11 for launch. About says it all in terms of who cares about Europe.

Not really as Sonyy has better distribution channels due to their other businesses in the electronics sector. Not saying this is a bad thing as they worked hard to grow into the company it is today.

This is what gives Sony the competitive edge in Europe.

MB1025 said:

Coming from  the guy who said it was an E3 level conference a few pages back.

To be fair that was the first Gamescom conference to have an E3 conference level... of course the E3 had a lot of better (had worst too) conferences but Sony did set a new level for Gamescom conferences this year.

Eh, it was alright. It was kinda boring, although they did show some cool titles coming up like Murasaki Baby, helldivers, Everybody is gone with rapture (or something like that), Rime and some other cool stuff.

The PSV discount was an awesome announcement and I hope to finally buy one if I can save up for one soon.

6/10 just cause they did show cool, nifty and unique titles, the Vita discount and the always hilarious jab at MS and their flip-flopping ways. Other than that, it was boring.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Wright said:

Shinobi-san said:

and most of the best games today are "indie"

You're not serious, aren't you?

Did you mean "You're not serious, are you?" ?

Anyways...im quite series. You do realise that "indie" simply refers to games that are developed and released by independant developers?

In fact that makes some of the games Sony announced today not indie at all. Now if people didnt like some of the games because of the game itself then thats fine. But it seems like people are just annoyed because the games didnt seem like big budget AAA titles.

There are so many "indie" games that are really popular and people don't even know they are "indie".

Edit: Just to clarify my point: AAA titles don't necessarily turn out to be good games. The same applies to Independantly released games. A good example of this is Diablo 3. Diablo 3 is pretty much unanimously considered a massive failure by the majority of diablo players.Yet it was insanely hyped and had a very high budget --> "AAA"!!! Then comes along a little game made by something like 5 people? called path of exile which absolutely blows diablo 3 out of the water. Now im sure theres other diablo type clones that are pretty crap made by indie devs and/or other well knows pubs. But really thats not the point. A game can be good either way. And I'm literally shocked at some of the responses by people here. Because some of the games sony showed today looked good. Indie, not indie, AAA, AA , A or whatever the games looked good. Some looked like shit too. Some were old as fuck. Do you get my point?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

Turkish you need to fix your OP... Sony announced today 21 new PS4 games and not 14.

Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture (Dear Esther devs)
Resogun (Housemarque)
Shadow of the Beast
Flower (?!)
Rime
Hell Divers

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Starbound
Fez
Velocity Ultra 2X
Rogue Legacy
N++
Volume
Guns of Icarus Online
Wasteland Kings
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Minecraft
Assault Android Cactus
Final Horizon
Switch Galaxy Ultra
Samurai Gunn

Areym said:
Eh, it was alright. It was kinda boring, although they did show some cool titles coming up like Murasaki Baby, helldivers, Everybody is gone with rapture (or something like that), Rime and some other cool stuff.

The PSV discount was an awesome announcement and I hope to finally buy one if I can save up for one soon.

6/10 just cause they did show cool, nifty and unique titles, the Vita discount and the always hilarious jab at MS and their flip-flopping ways. Other than that, it was boring.

6/10 is a fair score.

Shinobi-san said:
Wright said:

Shinobi-san said:

Anyways...im quite series. You do realise that "indie" simply refers to games that are developed and released by independant developers?

In fact that makes some of the games Sony announced today not indie at all. Now if people didnt like some of the games because of the game itself then thats fine. But it seems like people are just annoyed because the games didnt seem like big budget AAA titles.

There are so many "indie" games that are really popular and people don't even know they are "indie".

I know what indie means. But independant developers that make themselves a funded studio are not indie. In fact, every single studio, except for those who are funded from the beginning, are indie. Naught Dog was indie back in its days. So was Quantic Dreams. Bullfrog. And so on.

There's a misconception. People are videogame developers. The term "indie" is loosely used.

Figgycal said:
Areym said:

6/10 is a fair score.

I think so too. I don't keep up with these sort of events/conferences (Gamescom, TGS, etc), only E3 so I wasn't expecting much. Hell, I found out 1 hour into the presentation that they were doing that today! I watched it from the beginning on youtube and I have to be honest, I wasn't blown away.

Still, there were some imaginative, creative and very interesting titles, but no real suprises or WOWs. If the MS fans want to rip it apart and come here to brag, let them. Can't say I haven't do that myself on MS threads.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Wright said:
Shinobi-san said:
Wright said:

Shinobi-san said:

I know what indie means. But independant developers that make themselves a funded studio are not indie. In fact, every single studio, except for those who are funded from the beginning, are indie. Naught Dog was indie back in its days. So was Quantic Dreams. Bullfrog. And so on.

There's a misconception. People are videogame developers. The term "indie" is loosely used.

Ive edited my post just to add to my point, if you want to read.

But about the term indie....yes it is loosely used but that doesnt take away the fact that it has a very precise meaning. It also applies to a lot of developer teams around the world this very minute. So while people on the net might be using it loosely that doesnt mean its the correct way to use the term.Quite frankly i dont think a lot of people know any better.  Some people genuinely believe that every game shown today by Sony was "Indie" that's factually wrong.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|