By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killer Instinct Pricing Revealed

S.T.A.G.E. said:
MS is going to pull DLC out of their ass for this game. They are going to drag out the profit past $60 through DLC.

Oh give it a rest. For starters you can only spend $20 on the full roster.

"Characters, individually, will cost "$5, or the European equivalent," and if you decide you want to buy the rest, you'll get a special discount to "top off" so you're never spending more than $20 for the full roster."

Secondly they're going to do a season pass 2, which isn't going to cost more than the main game, it'll likely be another $20 for 8+ characters.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
yo_john117 said:
UltimateUnknown said:
That's actually a very cool pricing model. I think more games should adapt this approach. Let us have the option to buy a full game, for example, say Call of Duty for the full price. But also give us the option to buy just the Multiplayer section of the game for half price so that we don't have to buy a mode which we don't want to play.

You are encouraging rewarding people for lazyness and price gouging. Now on top of dlc you want to be anle to buy a portion of a game. Next thing you know you are buying levels just to be able to complete the game

How is it price gouging if the full game costs significantly less than most any other new game?

It is for the ignorant, stupid, or undecisive. 

Can you please stop bitching

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/08/20/gamescom-killer-instinct-season-2-in-2014-launch-explained

Read the last paragraph and leave the fucking thread.

God i hate insecure fanboys

Moderated - Kresnik.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
a fighting game with 8 characters? and only six available in the biggining ? is this a joke ?

No, which is why it's $20 and digital only. 1/3 the fighters of a normal game, 1/3rd the price.

It's evident they've not had a lot of time and want it out for launch.

yo_john117 said:

And do you really think that this is the first time something like this has been done?

On one hand you can sell the game for a flat $60, or you can have different pricing models (which do actually benefit more people than a flat rate for everyone) so that everyone can get what they want. More people get screwed from a flat rate then from pricing plans. 

You gotta understand; having options is never a bad thing.

First of all, the content doesn't justify a 60 dollar game. 40 dollars is fine and I'm okay with that. Secondly, just because it's happened before (please provide examples) doesn't mean I'm okay with that either. On top of the flat rate and people gettin screwed that is just not true. At a flat rate everyone gets the same content. Some may chose to ignore parts of it. So how do you cater to those people? Break up the game. I'm fine with that also but only as long as you buy all the individual parts that it doesn't exceed the full game price. In this particular case it does

Basically you get a one person demo for free and if you want the real game it'll cost $40. I guess that isn't so bad.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Seece said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
a fighting game with 8 characters? and only six available in the biggining ? is this a joke ?

No, which is why it's $20 and digital only. 1/3 the fighters of a normal game, 1/3rd the price.

but will they had more after these eight ?

Yeah they want to bring out 'Season's' for years to come apparently, at least Season 2 in 2014.

Seece said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
MS is going to pull DLC out of their ass for this game. They are going to drag out the profit past $60 through DLC.

Oh give it a rest. For starters you can only spend $20 on the full roster.

"Characters, individually, will cost "$5, or the European equivalent," and if you decide you want to buy the rest, you'll get a special discount to "top off" so you're never spending more than $20 for the full roster."

Secondly they're going to do a season pass 2, which isn't going to cost more than the main game, it'll likely be another $20 for 8+ characters.

Dude you know full well that any fighting fan wants the full package with the original KI. After that they will drag it out with DLC.

Seece said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

This.  I don't get how some people are thinking KI should be released with a similar amount of characters as other fighter games that cost three times as much at launch?  Its low price isn't because it's a bargain bin title, it's because it doesn't have the same quantity of content!

And it's funny how in the last page alone, a bunch of people are saying Rare should just price it $20 dollars.  They are, just not with the extra costumes and original KI.  I don't get why people think we should be given more characters, more items, and an additional retro game (they can be selling on Live for $10 to $15 alone) all for 1/3 the price of a typical fighting game.  The rationale just doesn't make sense...

yo_john117 said:

And do you really think that this is the first time something like this has been done?

On one hand you can sell the game for a flat $60, or you can have different pricing models (which do actually benefit more people than a flat rate for everyone) so that everyone can get what they want. More people get screwed from a flat rate then from pricing plans. 

You gotta understand; having options is never a bad thing.

First of all, the content doesn't justify a 60 dollar game. 40 dollars is fine and I'm okay with that. Secondly, just because it's happened before (please provide examples) doesn't mean I'm okay with that either. On top of the flat rate and people gettin screwed that is just not true. At a flat rate everyone gets the same content. Some may chose to ignore parts of it. So how do you cater to those people? Break up the game. I'm fine with that also but only as long as you buy all the individual parts that it doesn't exceed the full game price. In this particular case it does

What I meant was it's no different than any other incentive program. You can possibly spend more money by buying ala cart (but if you are buying ala cart you probably won't be getting everything anyways) or you get the incentive to buy everything for cheaper. It's a tried and true business tactic that has been going on for a long, long time.

Really though, having options is not a bad thing. It just isn't. 

Anyways the few people that screw themselves by slowly buying everything probably won't care, so why should you?

I'm sure, due to the Xbox One policy reversals, that the system will be a moderate success. This game and it's pricing model will help a lot too.

That being said, I'll buy one in 2016. Maybe.

Nintendo Network ID: Scrumptious

3DS Friend Code: 4141-2615-9052

Circle me on Google+