By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killer Instinct Pricing Revealed

Max King of the Wild said:
sales2099 said:

Half price gives you all the characters.....please read the OP.

Your retort basically refers to people who don't plan out their enjoyment of this game. Yay......complaining about minority consumers who mismanage money....is that all haters got on this game now?

I was talking about character price. Aka 10 dollars vs 20 dollars. As for people who dont plan? So what? You are saying people should be preyed upon due to ignorance? I dont agree with that

and why not???? on what planet do you live in.... there was a time ignorance would have cost you your life..... now it cost you your cash.... adapt or die.... this a rule of nature that applies to capitalism..... you don't know how to handle your money or better yet you have a expense margin of 10 bucks... deal with it or don't buy VG if you are that straped on cash.....  stupidity and ignorance should cost money.... might as well be to the perpretator....

Around the Network

Just knowing that the original is in the bundle is a sell for a lot of core KI fanatics. The original KI is leagues better than the new game. It would be an honor to play that classic again. Its about damn time you did this MS. I didnt even need a new KI.

endimion said:

and why not???? on what planet do you live in.... there was a time ignorance would have cost you your life..... now it cost you your cash.... adapt or die.... this a rule of nature that applies to capitalism..... you don't know how to handle your money or better yet you have a expense margin of 10 bucks... deal with it or don't buy VG if you are that straped on cash.....  stupidity and ignorance should cost money.... might as well be to the perpretator....

Wow... That is unethical and wrong on so many levels and it should not be a business practice.

UltimateUnknown said:
That's actually a very cool pricing model. I think more games should adapt this approach. Let us have the option to buy a full game, for example, say Call of Duty for the full price. But also give us the option to buy just the Multiplayer section of the game for half price so that we don't have to buy a mode which we don't want to play.

You are encouraging rewarding people for lazyness and price gouging. Now on top of dlc you want to be anle to buy a portion of a game. Next thing you know you are buying levels just to be able to complete the game

How is it price gouging if the full game costs significantly less than most any other new game?

NobleTeam360 said:
You got to admit 8 characters is a pretty low number for a fighter game. I'll probably pass on this game.

If Tekken had the same pricing scheme with each character costing £4 it would cost £160 plus if you bought every character individually. 

It's an okay pricing for it though I guess. I still think they would have made more money though if they just had it as a Live game at £20 job done.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Nice pricing and good strategy from MS.

yo_john117 said:
UltimateUnknown said:
That's actually a very cool pricing model. I think more games should adapt this approach. Let us have the option to buy a full game, for example, say Call of Duty for the full price. But also give us the option to buy just the Multiplayer section of the game for half price so that we don't have to buy a mode which we don't want to play.

You are encouraging rewarding people for lazyness and price gouging. Now on top of dlc you want to be anle to buy a portion of a game. Next thing you know you are buying levels just to be able to complete the game

How is it price gouging if the full game costs significantly less than most any other new game?

It is for the ignorant, stupid, or undecisive. 

They should have just charged 20 for the whole deal. One character to play with, not even 2?

yo_john117 said:

It is for the ignorant, stupid, or undecisive. 

And do you really think that this is the first time something like this has been done?

On one hand you can sell the game for a flat $60, or you can have different pricing models (which do actually benefit more people than a flat rate for everyone) so that everyone can get what they want. More people get screwed from a flat rate then from pricing plans. 

You gotta understand; having options is never a bad thing.

MS is going to pull DLC out of their ass for this game. They are going to drag out the profit past $60 through DLC.