By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killer Instinct Pricing Revealed

Max King of the Wild said:
landguy1 said:
landguy1 said:

I dind't say you buy the car with only one tire.  My example was you buy a fully functional car(or for $5 you get a fully functional game).  If you choose later to upgrade the rims on your car, it costs more han if you bought a car with that feature already as part of a package.  It is clear, that you should not be invovled in money decisions in your household if you do not understand the basic concept of "you get what you pay for".  IF you only spend $5 on a game, then don't complain later that it doesn't do what the $40 version can. 

Those rims are extra if you buy them from the dealer or from a 3rd party. Your analogy falls flat on its face.

The "dealer" is Ford/Chevy/Honda, they are who you buy the car from.  So how does that change anything?

You know what, you are right. I'm going to go to ford right now and ask for my stripped down 1hp mustang for free.

Do the same for anything that you buy, apparently thats what you think they will do.  Obviously, the concept of free is lost on you.

Around the Network

This game only has 8 characters?

????

and I also thought this game was an optional free to play game that will also release with a full retail version

am I reading into this wrong?

you know what.. nevermind.. fuck it..

I hope sony doesnt do this for any of the games im interested in or else id be mad. Complete garbage in my opinion

explain???? how giving options is worst than none at higher price???? especially on a game that might not appeal to huge crowd in the first place????

I for one hope the pricing and distribution will shift completely from the outdated format it is in right now..... I don't want to pay full price for agme I won't play every aspect of like RPG where I'll play only one character and be done.... I hope ofr serilization also where I can buy games by chapters when I want and if I want to keep supporting a gme so I'm not hostage of paying 60 bucks on a shitty game that I won't complete....

..sic transit gloria video-ludi :(

endimion said:
I hope sony doesnt do this for any of the games im interested in or else id be mad. Complete garbage in my opinion

explain???? how giving options is worst than none at higher price???? especially on a game that might not appeal to huge crowd in the first place????

I for one hope the pricing and distribution will shift completely from the outdated format it is in right now..... I don't want to pay full price for agme I won't play every aspect of like RPG where I'll play only one character and be done.... I hope ofr serilization also where I can buy games by chapters when I want and if I want to keep supporting a gme so I'm not hostage of paying 60 bucks on a shitty game that I won't complete....

There are 7 pages of explinations. But mostly because if you change your mind or are ignorant then you will pay more which I don't like. If you are automatically upgraded to the same content after spending the 20 dollars or 40 dollars then I wouldn't care.

Around the Network
UltimateUnknown said:
That's actually a very cool pricing model. I think more games should adapt this approach. Let us have the option to buy a full game, for example, say Call of Duty for the full price. But also give us the option to buy just the Multiplayer section of the game for half price so that we don't have to buy a mode which we don't want to play.

You are encouraging rewarding people for lazyness and price gouging. Now on top of dlc you want to be anle to buy a portion of a game. Next thing you know you are buying levels just to be able to complete the game

exactly what I want though

What fighting game fan buys games in parts? $39.99 is the perfect price for a fighting game today. They better not pull a Capcom and screw the consumer with even more DLC after this. Nothing pisses off fighting game fans more. 

endimion said:
UltimateUnknown said:
That's actually a very cool pricing model. I think more games should adapt this approach. Let us have the option to buy a full game, for example, say Call of Duty for the full price. But also give us the option to buy just the Multiplayer section of the game for half price so that we don't have to buy a mode which we don't want to play.

You are encouraging rewarding people for lazyness and price gouging. Now on top of dlc you want to be anle to buy a portion of a game. Next thing you know you are buying levels just to be able to complete the game

exactly what I want though

Its fine if you know exactly what you want and exactly what you will play and thats that. But a lot of people don't. And for those people they will be over charged. I don't like that. Now, maybe if it was 20 dollars for all 8 characters and 3 dollars per character (still being over charged) then I wouldn't have a problem

Only 8 characters? That's less than the original KI. I'm not a fan of the F2P model for the fighting game genre. It puts you at a significant competitive disadvantage. Match up knowledge is critical. Even the best players in the world get blown up when they don't know the match up.

If this is a real free to play you need a way to grind and unlock the rest of the character roster only the cosmetic features should be bought with money only. also you never get the full game at 40$ only the first 8 characters anyone else will be 5$

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.