By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killer Instinct Pricing Revealed

Toxicspikes said:
Quite a nice pricing model actually. You'd pay $40,- for the full game, and less if you don't want the full game. The arcade game is a nice freebie if you buy the $40 pack.

Agree. If people understand the mechanism of this pay model it could be very succesful and maybe we'll see more games in the future like this one. For example, SFV.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Toxicspikes said:
Quite a nice pricing model actually. You'd pay $40,- for the full game, and less if you don't want the full game. The arcade game is a nice freebie if you buy the $40 pack.

Agree. If people understand the mechanism of this pay model it could be very succesful and maybe we'll see more games in the future like this one. For example, SFV.

And if you change your mind and want to buy more now you either get fucked with pricing or get fucked by refusing to pay more for same content. I am completely against price gouging the ignorant or over charging the indecisive

Max King of the Wild said:
Pavolink said:
Toxicspikes said:

And if you change your mind and want to buy more now you either get fucked with pricing or get fucked by refusing to pay more for same content. I am completely against price gouging the ignorant or over charging the indecisive

You really don't like the idea of choice.......

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Great pricing. I hope future fighting franchises can be revived with this more flexible approach.

I tend to search about games I'm interested before. I got burned a couple of times before internet. Not now.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

he just preferes to pay $60 for a game in front and check if he likes it afterwards.
MS what were you thinking!

Last game i bought for 60dollars was ghe last of us. Before that? Probably uncharted 3 and i knew id like those games. Ive bought dozens more between that. You guys are just being overly sensitive that someone thinks this pricing sucks because ms can do no wrong

From the sounds of it, you likely wouldn't get this game if it were $20, $40 or $60, because you have a specific taste so why all the hate on a pricing scheme that likely won't affect those types of games?  Breaking up the model into smaller packages for people who don't want to shell out $60 for a full game makes sense for a fighter, because a lot of people only play with one or two characters.  Whether the amount of content you get at $5, $20 or $40 is propotionate, a lot more people will be willing to give a game a try for the two lower price points versus the higher one isf they're on the fence about it.

Not trying to be in your face, but that's all people are saying.  You seem to be angry at the idea of a new pricing model when your posts indicate you likely wouldn't buy this game anyway.  And if this plan did affect games on your system of choice, it'd likely be for small scale games like fighters (or eventually racers and other competitive multiplayer modes) so I just can't see where's the bad in that.  Even Killzone has it's multiplayer free up tilll a cutoff level and charges after the fact.  Why?  Because not a huge amount of people bought the game and multiplayer games thrive on large online communities.  So if a game offers a tier model that you may not buy into, you still might benefit from others having the opportunity to pay a stripped down version, because it means you'll have more people to play against/with online.  How's that bad?

sales2099 said:

Not when it is "better make the right choice this instant or pay for it later instead of making the choice you think is right for you now"

There are many ways this helps people over pay and thats what ms wants. Its great for people who know they will only ever want one character but i really question how anyone can possibly know that

Great waay better the Tekken Revolution where it limits your playtime.. even with its 18 characters it doesn't matter if you can't play them if your limited by match tickets....

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

danasider said:

From the sounds of it, you likely wouldn't get this game if it were $20, $40 or $60, because you have a specific taste so why all the hate on a pricing scheme that likely won't affect those types of games?  Breaking up the model into smaller packages for people who don't want to shell out $60 for a full game makes sense for a fighter, because a lot of people only play with one or two characters.  Whether the amount of content you get at $5, $20 or $40 is propotionate, a lot more people will be willing to give a game a try for the two lower price points versus the higher one isf they're on the fence about it.

Not trying to be in your face, but that's all people are saying.  You seem to be angry at the idea of a new pricing model when your posts indicate you likely wouldn't buy this game anyway.  And if this plan did affect games on your system of choice, it'd likely be for small scale games like fighters (or eventually racers and other competitive multiplayer modes) so I just can't see where's the bad in that.  Even Killzone has it's multiplayer free up tilll a cutoff level and charges after the fact.  Why?  Because not a huge amount of people bought the game and multiplayer games thrive on large online communities.  So if a game offers a tier model that you may not buy into, you still might benefit from others having the opportunity to pay a stripped down version, because it means you'll have more people to play against/with online.  How's that bad?

I didnt read any of your post after specific taste because i know its completely irrelevant. How do i know that? Well one game i bought in between was marvel vs capcom at 12 dollars new. Another game was mortal kombat trilogy on psn. So what about specific tastes?

sales2099 said:

Not when it is "better make the right choice this instant or pay for it later instead of making the choice you think is right for you now"

There are many ways this helps people over pay and thats what ms wants. Its great for people who know they will only ever want one character but i really question how anyone can possibly know that

Ok, we get it, you are a humanitarian who cares for the downtrotten. Gamers are the new human rights activists these days......sigh.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.