By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killer Instinct Pricing Revealed

Adinnieken said:
Max King of the Wild said:
I hope sony doesnt do this for any of the games im interested in or else id be mad. Complete garbage in my opinion

Why?  The said the game would be F2P from day one and would be included with every Xbox One.

So, you get to play the entire game with one character.  If you want, you can purchase other characters to play or buy for $20 all of the characters.  And if you're a fan of the game, for the paltry sum of $40 you get two complete games.  Killer Instinct for Xbox One and the original Killer Instinct.  Plus you get all 8 characters, as well as all the custom skins.

I don't know why this is a bad thing.

he just preferes to pay $60 for a game in front and check if he likes it afterwards.
MS what were you thinking!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Gimme a break, this is one game among the 20 launching for X1. A test model for a incredibly successful pricing model used on tablets and smartphones. This is hardly the new standard for console games and you sound overly bitter given how awesome this game is shaping up to be.

They priced for people like you. $20 for all characters, and $40 for the whole package. Very competitive. You may then use parental controls to prevent your kids to buy anything further. Now just stop.

Again, the game is free to play......I still think you have trouble grasping this core concept.

Lol. Why would i want console gaming to turn out like phone/tablet gaming? I dont. If you do then go play those games onstead. I didnt say it was a new standard. And you know why it isnt yet? Because it hasnt succeeded yet. Once it does you can bet it will start becoming more common. Somethin i dont want to see period.

sales2099 said:

Gimme a break, this is one game among the 20 launching for X1. A test model for a incredibly successful pricing model used on tablets and smartphones. This is hardly the new standard for console games and you sound overly bitter given how awesome this game is shaping up to be.

They priced for people like you. $20 for all characters, and $40 for the whole package. Very competitive. You may then use parental controls to prevent your kids to buy anything further. Now just stop.

Again, the game is free to play......I still think you have trouble grasping this core concept.

Lol. Why would i want console gaming to turn out like phone/tablet gaming? I dont. If you do then go play those games onstead. I didnt say it was a new standard. And you know why it isnt yet? Because it hasnt succeeded yet. Once it does you can bet it will start becoming more common. Somethin i dont want to see period.

Its one game out of 20. You sound like a retiree who pointlessly shakes his fist at change lol.

The pricing is varied and fair. You just sound bitter.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DirtyP2002 said:

he just preferes to pay $60 for a game in front and check if he likes it afterwards.
MS what were you thinking!

Last game i bought for 60dollars was ghe last of us. Before that? Probably uncharted 3 and i knew id like those games. Ive bought dozens more between that. You guys are just being overly sensitive that someone thinks this pricing sucks because ms can do no wrong

sales2099 said:

Its one game out of 20. You sound like a retiree who pointlessly shakes his fist at change lol.

Its only fair if its impossible to spend more than 40 dollars.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Half price gives you all the characters.....please read the OP.

Your retort basically refers to people who don't plan out their enjoyment of this game. Yay......complaining about minority consumers who mismanage money....is that all haters got on this game now?

I was talking about character price. Aka 10 dollars vs 20 dollars. As for people who dont plan? So what? You are saying people should be preyed upon due to ignorance? I dont agree with that

The thing is, that some more experienced players may only opt for one or two characters.  Why spend money on every character if you're only interested in one, or maybe two?

Quite a nice pricing model actually. You'd pay $40,- for the full game, and less if you don't want the full game. The arcade game is a nice freebie if you buy the $40 pack.

sales2099 said:

Its only fair if its impossible to spend more than 40 dollars.

Personally i am surprised it wasn't $60 like SF4 was at its launch. And a free origional arcade version thrown in.....there is no reason to complain here.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

That´s kinda devious. I mean 8 characters for 35€ are you fucking kidding me? You will probably be able to buy the next Mortal Kombat which will probably include twice as many characters.

Ugh. thats just UGH

Adinnieken said:

The thing is, that some more experienced players may only opt for one or two characters.  Why spend money on every character if you're only interested in one, or maybe two

And what if after buying two for 10 dollars their friends come over to play and want another one or two characters? For the same price you are now getting 3 less characters. ( edit: you other option is to pay the 20 dollars (30 total) and get all 8). i wouldnt have a problem with the pricing if at this point the system recognizes you paid the same amount then you get the same content.