By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killer Instinct Pricing Revealed

Sounds pretty good. The way fighters have been selling lately, I think it's a good thing to include a varied pricing model with cheaper options. Might draw in a lot of people who'd otherwise spend nothing on the game, because they don't want to spend 60 dollars on a fighting game that half the people likely only play with one or two characters anyway.

And even if the game only has 8 characters, for 40 you get all the launch content and two more DLC type characters so I can't hate on that. Sure Capcom and Tekken fighters have dozens of contestants, but you're paying $60 for the launch/non re-released version. How many characters (after the initial story or campaign run) do you actually consistently play with anyway?

This is coming from a Tekken fan that hopes more fighters can adopt this pricing scheme.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Half price gives you all the characters.....please read the OP.

Your retort basically refers to people who don't plan out their enjoyment of this game. Yay......complaining about minority consumers who mismanage money....is that all haters got on this game now?

I was talking about character price. Aka 10 dollars vs 20 dollars. As for people who dont plan? So what? You are saying people should be preyed upon due to ignorance? I dont agree with that

Max King of the Wild said:
sales2099 said:

Your retort basically refers to people who don't plan out their enjoyment of this game. Yay......complaining about minority consumers who mismanage money....is that all haters got on this game now?

I was talking about character price. Aka 10 dollars vs 20 dollars. As for people who dont plan? So what? You are saying people should be preyed upon due to ignorance? I dont agree with that

That, isn't your problem. You are complaining about other people....and a hypothetical at that. Never mind the game itself, the fair pricing ($20 and $40 respecitively). Oh no...were complaining about people we dont know and problems we ourselves won't run into.

Either complain about a issue YOU personally have, or stop whining.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

That, isn't your problem. You are complaining about other people....and a hypothetical at that. Never mind the game itself, the fair pricing ($20 and $40 respecitively). Oh no...were complaining about people we dont know and problems we ourselves won't run into.

Either complain about a issue YOU personall

Your justification isnt helping any. How do you know i or yoy wont run into a problem like this? Im not going to know everything about every game and niether will my kids when they start playing more thaan me and im buying the games for them. Im fighting for myself in the future hence the outcry about the x1. I do not want to see a future with pricing kike these

sales2099 said:

It's actually 5 dollars for one character, 20 for all 8 and 40 for all 8 plus 2 forthcoming characters as well as extra costumes and things, etc.  Totally different than 10 vs 20.  And even if it isn't proportionate, that's what the higher pricing tiers are for.  To offer a savings so that more people buy the larger packages than pay on one or two characters.

But if you don't pony up on the higher tiers, spending 5 dollars to play an entire game (if you're not limited to what stages/modes you can play which we've had no indication of thus far) for not 1 but 2 characters (because 1, I forget his name, but the ninja looking dude is the default demo character so 5 pays for the extra character) is pretty fricking good.  The 5 dollars spend on each additional character can't be proportionately compared to other games, because you are getting the actual barebones game for free!

This is coming from a Sony supporter who won't even be getting an XB1.  You trashing on the pricing and subsequently putting posts with wrong data and bringing a Sony vs Microsoft slant into your original post is not only flamebait, it shows you are just hating.  I'd love to see this kind of pricing on my future console (PS4) for Tekken or Soul Calibur.  In the end, the entire game is cheaper than most full fledged fighters at either the basic or complete packages, so I don't get what's to hate?  All that's different is that there are more options.  Guess you're just not a fan of choice...

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Either complain about a issue YOU personall

Your justification isnt helping any. How do you know i or yoy wont run into a problem like this? Im not going to know everything about every game and niether will my kids when they start playing more thaan me and im buying the games for them. Im fighting for myself in the future hence the outcry about the x1. I do not want to see a future with pricing kike these

Gimme a break, this is one game among the 20 launching for X1. A test model for a incredibly successful pricing model used on tablets and smartphones. This is hardly the new standard for console games and you sound overly bitter given how awesome this game is shaping up to be.

They priced for people like you. $20 for all characters, and $40 for the whole package. Very competitive. You may then use parental controls to prevent your kids to buy anything further. Now just stop.

Again, the game is free to play......I still think you have trouble grasping this core concept.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

8 characters is kinda lame, but that's probably around what you should expect for a cheaper downloadable title. I think it's around the same as what Skullgirls launched with. Now the important part will be seeing how many modes and arenas you get since that'll determine how good of a buy this truly is.

dont see what the big deal is yeah theres not alot of char but with the 40 u get accessory and outfits plus a free game

8 Characters? That's.....low.

UltimateUnknown said:
That's actually a very cool pricing model. I think more games should adapt this approach. Let us have the option to buy a full game, for example, say Call of Duty for the full price. But also give us the option to buy just the Multiplayer section of the game for half price so that we don't have to buy a mode which we don't want to play.

You are encouraging rewarding people for lazyness and price gouging. Now on top of dlc you want to be anle to buy a portion of a game. Next thing you know you are buying levels just to be able to complete the game

How is buying the full game for $20.00 price gouging?  It's a FULL, complete, retail level game for $20.00.  For $40.00 you get the skins and another, complete game!

I had to pay $70 for Quake 4 in order to get Quake 4 and the original Quake 2.  I think for $40.00 you're getting a hell of a deal!  Heck, I paid $50 for DOA3 on the original Xbox and got essentially the same as you get for $20.00 with Killer Instinct on Xbox One.

You're opinion is ludicrous.