By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U owners, what 3rd party Wii U games are you buying for the rest of the year?

I will be getting Watchdogs and Assassin's Creed IV day one.

Rayman Legends is a maybe... I already have New Super Mario Bros. U + Super Luigi U and Trine 2: Directors Cut.
Seeing as I will be getting Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze I think I just might be satisfied with 2D platformers for one year.

Also I might be getting Adventure Time depending on how it turns out as it looks like it might be a fun Co-op game.

Wii U ID: Intoxicatedmemrs
Xbox Live Tag: Mattmest

That is all.

Around the Network

Maybe CoD since split screen on the wiiU is actually better and unique compared to everywhere else

But I have a feeling Ghosts is not gonna be getting the DLC on the wiiU though

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Sonic Lost World.

It looks quite promising. Hope it doesn't disappoint..

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Pre-ordered
Call of Duty: Ghosts - Pre-ordered (cuz of that $10 off deal that was on Amazon)
Batman: Arkham Origins - Maybe
Assassin's Creed 4 - Maybe
Scribblenauts: A DC Comics Adventure - Maybe
Sonic Lost World - maybe
Rayman Legends - unlikely
Watch_Dogs - probably week of release

Well if I had the funds and time to play them I would get all of these. (no particular order, just going down my wish list on amazon)

1. Bayonetta 2
2. Sonic Lost Worlds
3. Wonderful 101
4. Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Watch Dogs
6. Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

Now the question is how soon I will get them.  I imagine I'll get them all sometime, just maybe not this year.    A few of them such as Watch Dogs, AC, Batman I will also wait to see reviews.  AC and Batman for whether the Wii U version isn't broken compared to other versions, and Watch Dogs to see if the game is actually good and not just looks good.

Apparantly I'm a Ubisoft fan, lol.  Didn't realize that till now.  As for games not on the Wii U or 3DS.  Only one intersted in is Witcher 3.  That's coming out this year right?  7 games doesn't sound too bad financially.  Only things is they freaking all come out like within a month of each other.  Why can't companies release games in like February or May or some shit.  Always such a long dry spell.  I guess I can always wait to buy a game till that period.

Around the Network

Maybe Rayman. I would normally wait to get it cheap, but I kind of want to show my support for a) third-party content on Wii U and b) beautiful, creative, content-rich games.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

all of them but sonic

Maybe Sonic Lost World and Rayman Legends.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Maybe CoD since split screen on the wiiU is actually better and unique compared to everywhere else

I know what you mean, splitscreen without having to actually split the TV is an awesome thing.

Rayman Legends, Sonic Lost World (likely as a birthday gift), Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games (probably as a Christmas gift),...that's probably it though as there are still 5 or 6 first-party games for Wii U and 3-4 3DS games I'll be getting before the end of the year.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)