By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - All Three Street Fighter II Games Coming To Wii U Virtual Console This Week

Tagged games:

darkknightkryta said:

foxtail said:

I personally would really like a compilation of the Alpha/Zero games that includes Alpha 3 on eShop.

Hasn't happened yet on PSN or Live, doubt it'll happen on the Wii U.  Street Fighter Alpha 2 snes however, I still don't know why it's not up there.

To boot, I think Alpha 3↑ uses the Naomi arcade board and that may cause difficulties as a download title because of emulation limitations and licensing issues.   The Alpha games besides Alpha 2 SNES on eShop may remain my personal pipe dream.. 

Around the Network

Great news for those three people who still haven't played Street Fighter 2...

But seriously, couldn't they at least bring the HD Version? The one that is on Xbox Live and PSN since like 5 years or something?

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

foxtail said:
darkknightkryta said:

foxtail said:

I personally would really like a compilation of the Alpha/Zero games that includes Alpha 3 on eShop.

Hasn't happened yet on PSN or Live, doubt it'll happen on the Wii U.  Street Fighter Alpha 2 snes however, I still don't know why it's not up there.

To boot, I think Alpha 3↑ uses the Naomi arcade board and that may cause difficulties as a download title because of emulation limitations and licensing issues.   The Alpha games besides Alpha 2 SNES on eShop may remain my personal pipe dream.. 

No Alpha 3's a CPS2 title.  The question that I don't have an answer to is is there an Alpha 3 Upper based in CPS2.  It IS Naomi, but I'm not sure how it was ported to it.  Plus the PS2 version might actually have been based off the Saturn version and not the Naomi version.  So a code base for the game might exist.

Well at least the Virtual console library is finally improving.

Lol, am I the only one who'd rather these than Street Fighter IV? I love the retro feel lol. Also, I don't play fighting gamez seriously.

Around the Network

No HD version, and not even the online enabled version they brought to the Wii? No thanks Cash-inCom.

darkknightkryta said:
RedInker said:
May get one of these games at somepoint. Every guy my age remembers Super Street Fighter 2.

They have an unboxed copy at a video game store I go to.  I'm on the fence about picking it up.  I have a pretty arcade perfect port sitting in a Playstation CD.  Plus the HD version and the Ultra Street Fighter 2 that came with Anthology.  OH and the PC version on 6 or so floppy discs sitting in my friend's house (Or they got trashed, I gave them to her like 10 years ago.)  Well the PC version is the snes version on CD and Super Street Fighter 2 on floppy.

You got to buy it. But try to get a boxed copy.

RedInker said:
darkknightkryta said:
RedInker said:
May get one of these games at somepoint. Every guy my age remembers Super Street Fighter 2.

They have an unboxed copy at a video game store I go to.  I'm on the fence about picking it up.  I have a pretty arcade perfect port sitting in a Playstation CD.  Plus the HD version and the Ultra Street Fighter 2 that came with Anthology.  OH and the PC version on 6 or so floppy discs sitting in my friend's house (Or they got trashed, I gave them to her like 10 years ago.)  Well the PC version is the snes version on CD and Super Street Fighter 2 on floppy.

I'd have to look on ebay for a boxed copy.  I might as well not bother at that point.

RedInker said:
darkknightkryta said:
RedInker said:

darkknightkryta said:
foxtail said:
darkknightkryta said:

foxtail said:

No Alpha 3's a CPS2 title.  The question that I don't have an answer to is is there an Alpha 3 Upper based in CPS2.  It IS Naomi, but I'm not sure how it was ported to it.  Plus the PS2 version might actually have been based off the Saturn version and not the Naomi version.  So a code base for the game might exist.

Sorry for the confusion but I was originally referring only to Alpha 3↑ (Upper).  I don't think there's a CPS-2 version of the game. But like you said the PS2 version is likely not based on Naomi either.