By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - All Three Street Fighter II Games Coming To Wii U Virtual Console This Week

Tagged games:

foxtail said:
darkknightkryta said:
foxtail said:
darkknightkryta said:

foxtail said:

I personally would really like a compilation of the Alpha/Zero games that includes Alpha 3 on eShop.

Hasn't happened yet on PSN or Live, doubt it'll happen on the Wii U.  Street Fighter Alpha 2 snes however, I still don't know why it's not up there.

To boot, I think Alpha 3↑ uses the Naomi arcade board and that may cause difficulties as a download title because of emulation limitations and licensing issues.   The Alpha games besides Alpha 2 SNES on eShop may remain my personal pipe dream.. 

No Alpha 3's a CPS2 title.  The question that I don't have an answer to is is there an Alpha 3 Upper based in CPS2.  It IS Naomi, but I'm not sure how it was ported to it.  Plus the PS2 version might actually have been based off the Saturn version and not the Naomi version.  So a code base for the game might exist.

Sorry for the confusion but I was originally referring only to Alpha 3↑ (Upper).  I don't think there's a CPS-2 version of the game. But like you said the PS2 version is likely not based on Naomi either.

See that's the thing, the Saturn version isn't based off of Naomi since the Naomi code is based off of the Saturn's version.  Saturn's version is based off of the CPS2 code since apparently the V-sim timings that they changed in the PSX, DC and Naomi version of the game are the same as the arcade's.  It's apparently why the Saturn version is the most sought out (Ebay has the game at 300 dollars now).

Around the Network

Awesome! Since Capcom currently has no plans for bringing any current SF game to Wii U then this is the perfect replacment!