By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - All Three Street Fighter II Games Coming To Wii U Virtual Console This Week

Tagged games:

Shame Capcom doesn't put the effort into porting a SF game to the Wii U.

Buying a SF game without online play just seems pointless.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
darkknightkryta said:

If it had to end Alpha 3 Upper was the way to do it.  World Tour is still the best addition to a fighting game period.

You mean from Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max? Loved it! I hope it comes out on another platform in the future at least digitally (other than Vita I mean) since I still have the PSP ver!

No, that's Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper Upper.  Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper is the console ports.

Soundwave said:
Would love to see the DKC games and Final Fantasy VI (this is up in Japan right?) next. Chrono Trigger would be nice too.

Absolutely...

I know Nintendo isn't going to blow its load right away, but the slow rate at which they are adding games is getting absurd...

Especially first-party titles as major as DKC...

I would have at least expected some sort of announcement by now...

Have a nice day...

May get one of these games at somepoint. Every guy my age remembers Super Street Fighter 2.

RedInker said:
May get one of these games at somepoint. Every guy my age remembers Super Street Fighter 2.

They have an unboxed copy at a video game store I go to.  I'm on the fence about picking it up.  I have a pretty arcade perfect port sitting in a Playstation CD.  Plus the HD version and the Ultra Street Fighter 2 that came with Anthology.  OH and the PC version on 6 or so floppy discs sitting in my friend's house (Or they got trashed, I gave them to her like 10 years ago.)  Well the PC version is the snes version on CD and Super Street Fighter 2 on floppy.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Xen said:

QFT...

This is about arcade titles, BasilZero... unless you want a "what emulator is best" war... it'd certainly be a first

also, "few MAME games"... c'mon dude. There is SO MUCH fun stuff on MAME. Especially for a danmaku fan.

Apparently mr Nvidia Shield is #1 couldnt detect sarcasm, I know what MAME is since I use it ;p

Am I Mr Nvidia Shield is #1...? If so, my sarcasm detector was on and I couldn't detect squat.

BasilZero said:
disolitude said:

Am I Mr Nvidia Shield is #1...? If so, my sarcasm detector was on and I couldn't detect squat.

Well that is too bad. Now, are we gonna talk about Street Fighter II or SF2 on WiiU VC - or are we gonna talk about how MAME is better on a topic about Nintendo games , WiiU VC, or Street Fighter 2?

Please be on topic, Ryan is doing it! I'm sure you can too!

Alright... How about this?

Is it the arcade emulated versions of SFII you would find on MAME or are they Snes ports you would find on Snes9x? :)

BasilZero said:
disolitude said:

Alright... How about this?

Is it the arcade emulated versions of SFII you would find on MAME or are they Snes ports you would find on Snes9x? :)

I wouldnt know, I dont have a WiiU but if you do, would be nice if you can clarify!

Just checked and they are SNES roms with nothing added what so ever. Crazy that they are asking $8 bucks for this...but still you could spend it drugs so I guess its not so bad.

I think they also added Miiverse support to the games.  Here's some memories and media:

I don't mind these easy ports (SFII:T is one of my favorites), but hopefully it leads to something more.  

I personally would really like a compilation of the Alpha/Zero games that includes Alpha 3 on eShop.

foxtail said:

I think they also added Miiverse support to the games.  Here's some memories and media:

I don't mind these easy ports (SFII:T is one of my favorites), but hopefully it leads to something more.  

I personally would really like a compilation of the Alpha/Zero games that includes Alpha 3 on eShop.

Hasn't happened yet on PSN or Live, doubt it'll happen on the Wii U.  Street Fighter Alpha 2 snes however, I still don't know why it's not up there.