By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS4 outsell the WiiU in 2013? (2013 sales only)

What will sell more in 2013

PS4 228 50.55%

WiiU 176 39.02%

See Results 47 10.42%

Total:451

Unless 3D World pulls it off, the PS4 will outsell Wii U easy. As much as I love Nintendo, I also love PS. But, Nintendo is sabotaging themselves. They can't advertise the Wii U to save their butt, the games are slow to come out due to them being inexperienced in HD development, and the GamePad is causing confusion all around the table... to Nintendo too.

However, Nintendo CLAIMS that the new Zelda (coming out in 3005) will use the GamePad in miraculous ways besides stopping enemies. Anyway, Nintendo will find their audience and with Smash and MK8 coming next year Wii U should find its way out of media's harsh articles and bashings. ONLY if Nintendo does the right things that is. Nostalgia isn't going to save U this time around... the games will. Still, PS4 should take top spot unless Nintendo pulls a miracle.

Around the Network

No. Most of PS4's strong launch window titles are available on PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One and/or PC , and the confirmed exclusives are not enough to bring the masses over.

Nintendo has historically been very strong in the holidays, and with titles such as Super Mario 3D World, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros./Luigi U, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Game & Wario, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Just Dance 2014 and Pokémon Rumble, I fail to see how Sony will be able to sell more PS4 systems. Heck, the Wii U even had great sales last holiday despite its apparent lack of software.

And then, of course, there is the price issue. Both hardware and online.

I doubt it, people keep on thinking that WiiU will continue on this pace, but it has many big games releasing this year( Wii Fit U, WiiParty U, Super Mario World 3D just to name a few), those will be system sellers, and PS4 will be supply constrained, and even if not, I still don't think it would have done it.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

The Sony guys will say PS4 will and Nintendo guys will say Wii U. Hard to tell, but unless PS4 has some hardware selling titles, I don't see the system outselling a console that is releasing Super Smash.

Edit: Me being silly cuz I thought it was 2014. Still stand by that Sony needs exclusive software that can bring people to their hardware and I just dont see it.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

the Sony guys will say PS4 and the Nintendo dudes will say WiiU, and there's more Sony guys on the web so the poll's answer will be PS4 wether it's true or not :P

Around the Network

Ppl forget, folks bought ps1to play cds and graffix, ps2 to play dvds and graffix, ps3 to play bluray and graffix. There's no new format or graffix this time. Competing with gta, nintendo, and killer instinct? Not good when all you got is a driving, platform, and fps game to stand on (and look a lot like last gen).

I'll take you're bet stage. Sig control for a month.

lmao. Wii U easily, not that it's impressive since it has a whole 9-10 more months on the market than the PS4 in that time span.

Wow I was shocked when I saw how close the poll was. Without a price cut for Wii U the PS4 hands down will win 2013. The Wii U managed 2.2 million in 2012. PS4 launching a month earlier with much stronger demand has a very good chance of doubling that. 4.4 million this year, conservatively. That means if Wii U sells less than 3.3 million rest of year, PS4 beats it. Well Wii U only sold 2.2 at launch holiday with much better hype and games so I don't see it doing much better this holiday.

I think I can buy this one. The PS4 being number one by the end of the year is a little far fetched, but this could happen. PS4 will ship no less than 4M units by Dec 31. I do not see WiiU selling as much this holiday as last. I think it will be a very interesting stipulation to watch.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

snyps said:
with the mega-corporations launching at the same time and eating eachothers numbers.. not seeing it.

This, not to mention I'm still expecting that $100 Wii U price cut just in time for the holidays despite what Iwata is saying.

The Wii U is seriously about to blow everyone out of the water, it's hilarious how time and time again people completely underestimate Nintendo like this.