By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS4 outsell the WiiU in 2013? (2013 sales only)

What will sell more in 2013

PS4 228 50.55%

WiiU 176 39.02%

See Results 47 10.42%

Total:451

It all depends on if these "hard-hitting" Wii-U exclusives can actually push units. Pikmin 3 was supposed to do just that, and we all know how that turned out... I don't see the Wii-U even getting decent holiday sales at this point. Not only do I believe PS4 will outsell for 2013, it'll probably probably come very close to Wii-U's overall lifetime sales, if not pass it completely. Especially with the rumored October release. Just look at PS4 game preorders. They're already higher than Wii-U's were on it's final week before launch. Either way, these next few months will be interesting.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
Zelhawks37 said:

The Sony guys will say PS4 will and Nintendo guys will say Wii U. Hard to tell, but unless PS4 has some hardware selling titles, I don't see the system outselling a console that is releasing Super Smash.

Edit: Me being silly cuz I thought it was 2014. Still stand by that Sony needs exclusive software that can bring people to their hardware and I just dont see it.

Sony's launch lineup is fine. They will sell very well. They will have a healthy dose of first, second and third party. Sony hasn't really shown anything yet. Gamescom and Tokyo Gameshow are right around the corner. 

Seriously, you guys. The Wii didn't sell 3 million consoles in 2006. So unless you think that the PS4 is going to be monstrously bigger than the $250 Wii was at launch, the Wii U doesn't even have to sell 2 million consoles between now and the end of the year to beat it.

the_dengle said:

Seriously, you guys. The Wii didn't sell 3 million consoles in 2006. So unless you think that the PS4 is going to be monstrously bigger than the $250 Wii was at launch, the Wii U doesn't even have to sell 2 million consoles between now and the end of the year to beat it.

the Wii was supply constraint. also if the PS4 releases in oct like its rumored it might have more time. wouldnt the Wii have sold more than 3M if the supply was their?

the_dengle said:

Ok thats NIntendos highest, but Nintendo was never the bar.......were they?

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
the_dengle said:

yes they were.

PS4 will sell 7.5 million

DialgaMarine said:
It all depends on if these "hard-hitting" Wii-U exclusives can actually push units. Pikmin 3 was supposed to do just that, and we all know how that turned out... I don't see the Wii-U even getting decent holiday sales at this point. Not only do I believe PS4 will outsell for 2013, it'll probably probably come very close to Wii-U's overall lifetime sales, if not pass it completely. Especially with the rumored October release. Just look at PS4 game preorders. They're already higher than Wii-U's were on it's final week before launch. Either way, these next few months will be interesting.

Pikmin is a tiny franchise dude. it doesn't have that mass market appeal that DK, Mario and Zelda have.

bananaking21 said:
the_dengle said:

the Wii was supply constraint. also if the PS4 releases in oct like its rumored it might have more time. wouldnt the Wii have sold more than 3M if the supply was their?

Just ask yourself if the $400 PS4 will have a better launch than the $250 Wii had in 2006. With no chance of getting the Wii Sports market.

cheesecake said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

yes they were.

Since when...the 60+ Million they sold (at the most) before the Wii?