By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS4 outsell the WiiU in 2013? (2013 sales only)

What will sell more in 2013

PS4 228 50.55%

WiiU 176 39.02%

See Results 47 10.42%

Total:451

It is no secret the WiiU selling horribly. Nintendo is having a very hard time convincing consumers to buy a WiiU (still a ridiculous name btw). The hype for the WiiU is at an all time low, specially with next gen consoles coming out in just a few months. speaking of next gen consoles will the PS4 manage to outsell or outship the WiiU in 2013? lets take a look at the numbers and facts

The WiiU has just shipped 390K in Q1 and 160K in Q2 this year. meaning a tottal of just 550K for the first half of the year, PS4 will probably outsell that in its first week on the market.

According to VGC the WiiU sold just 1,115,204 units the entire year so far, can sales pick up? or will the PS4 manage to outsell it?

The WiiU is confirmed to still be taking a loss on each unit so a price drop is mostl likely not happening.

The Sales of the WiiU have been nothing short of abyssal in 2013, with no price cut coming and the hype for next gen consoles such as the PS4 and Xbox one, will the WiiU manage to pick up its sales? if the PS4 comes out the gate running, will it manage to outsell the WiiU's entire year in a matter of months?

Edit : just to make it clear, i am not talking about life time sales, just sales in 2013

Around the Network

it all honesty only if wiiu doesnt get its shit straight. PS4 will do between 3-4mil so wiiu just needs to sell a mil more! but at the same time ps3/x360 and a price cut with the launch of X1 i dont think ps4 will sellas much as it could. ps3 still selling and during holiday it'll still recieve games as well as x360.

I say wiiu has a better chance overall though, Nintendo+christmas= $$$

edit: i meant it has a mil+ over ps4 currently

What, total vs. total? No, that would be an insane launch very little in the way of supply shortages. I think the PS4 will sell somewhere around 3M this year.

Doubtful ... too short a window in my view, and it also depends on how much supply Sony can churn out, along with MS's supply. But assuming Sony will have a worldwide launch and MS will have supply constraints (giving some people a reason to pick up a PS4 instead), I do think it will make a strong case for the PS4 eclipsing the Wii U in 2014. Added to that, if Sony can give people consistent reasons to buy the system next year (ie software) it should also bode well for it.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

As long as the supply is there it has a decent chance. Especially if the October release speculation holds true. I'm not sure if 2-3 months is enough time.... but with it being during the holidays, and the insane hype for next gen consoles.. you never know.

Around the Network

That depends. The Ps4 doesnt have many launch games that are for "everyone". and the Wii U will have a bigger library. Though im sure it will sell a lot because of the hype. but then again, the Xbox One seems to be targeting the same demographics as the Ps4  so it would be more competition than the Wii U would be imo.

BossPuma said:

That depends. The Ps4 doesnt have many launch games that are for "everyone". and the Wii U will have a bigger library. Though im sure it will sell a lot because of the hype. but then again, the Xbox One seems to be targeting the same demographics as the Ps4  so it would be more competition than the Wii U would be imo.

You don't really need actual system sellers day 1, you need them after 6 months

I think it will be neck and neck, if Sony does launch in October and does keep supply up, it can sell 4m I reckon

No, it will outsell it before Q3 2014. Sony will just obliterate Nintendos Q4 sales, thats all, but it will outsell the console completely by 2-3Q.

with the mega-corporations launching at the same time and eating eachothers numbers.. not seeing it.

hmmm hard to tell... WiiU has a 3.5 million lead and a few really good games are coming out however the ps4 hype train is definitely not running out of steam but does seem to be slowing down... On the other hand... most of the ps4 games can also be found on the ps3 and $400 is pretty pricey

WiiU will win if there is a price cut by at least $50... No delays on announced games and its chances will rise higher if there is a Nintendo direct annoucing some game that no one was expecting and releasing it this holiday

Ps4 will win if supply can meet demand and if there is some crazy announcement that will really win over the Xbox fans since a lot of people are starting to reconsider the xbox one as their next gen platform with all the 180s MS have done

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850