By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is PS4 a "shooter box"? *ShooterSation4?* (SS4) did it take the tittle from the 360?

Is PS4 a shooter box?

Yes 83 29.96%

No 165 59.57%

See Results 29 10.47%

Total:277
spemanig said:

This is a joke, right? Look at the sales. PS3 has always been a shooter box. Just because it wasn't as successful a shooter box as the 360 doesn't mean it doesn't hold that distinct shooter box badge with proud shooter box honor. Out of the PS3's top 15, 11 were shooters. Out of the 360's, 13 were shooters. They are both shootery shooters' shooter boxes.

...Shooter.

You know what wasn't a shooter box? The Wii. Know what the Wii's best selling shooter is? Link's Cross Bow training... At number 22. The best selling COD was COD 3... At 51. And the Wii U still won't be a shooter box. (though shooters'll probably sell better on it than last gen) Meanwhile, PS4 and XBO will just trade places. PS4 will sell more shooters while XBO will sell less. Still a lot. Still shooters. Still shooter boxes.

God, I wish shooters sold better on Nintendo consoles, though... I love shooters... Dat Wii Remote Plus mouse-like presision. Mmm...

you are new here so i will give you this piece of advice. always take anything and everything i say VERY seriously.

Around the Network
the2real4mafol said:
I wouldn't call Infamous a shooter, that's like saying Resident Evil 4 is an action game.

But Resident Evil 4 is an action game...

Darth Tigris said:

All good points.

The voting is hilarious to me.  It's the factual reality of the PS4's upcoming line up, but people are denying what is right in front of them.  Sony made sure and had their biggest first party FPS franchise as a launch title while Microsoft's only big franchise launch title is a racing game with no shooters at all.  

In fact, I'd imagine that if this poll were done a year from now the results would STILL look the same, despite the line-ups.  Shooterbox has been a condescending term used by PS fanboys, so there is no way they would vote any other way on a poll like this.  

I love it when a poll exposes biases.  

Both consoles have an equal amount of fps lol. Your comment makes me funny feeling inside. Just some typical "everyones out to get me" comments

RazorDragon said:
the2real4mafol said:
I wouldn't call Infamous a shooter, that's like saying Resident Evil 4 is an action game.

But Resident Evil 4 is an action game...

I though Resident Evil was a horror game until Resi 5 when it became more action based. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Nothing to do with the console but the market. Welcome to the generation of Shooters, where unless you have a gun it's not a 'real game'. We aren't in the generation of RPGs and Driving games anymore sadly.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

TitanFall > any Sony shooter exclusive

Just look at some of the categories it won from the Game Critics Awards for E3 2013:

Best of Show
Best Console Game
Best Original Game
Best Action Game
Best Online Multiplayer Game

Add to that the the fact that Xbox will be getting DLC first for the biggest FPS franchises that are coming into Next Gen (Call of Duty and Battlefield) and the fact that it has the biggest shooter exclusive (Halo).

I'm not sure how anyone could with a straight face claim Playstation is taking the shooter box title away from Xbox.

You just now noticing, this gen been such a shooter fest since 2008 and I don't see the trend dying any time soon.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

JRPGs to come at TGS, Indies at gamescom.

And when you look at it, most of the games you categorize as shooters have either hybrid genres (uncharted, the division) and a lot are out of the classic military shooter theme.

And yeah, Shooter has always been the most popular genre since Shmups, what's worng with that ?

RenCutypoison said:

And yeah, Shooter has always been the most popular genre since Shmups, what's worng with that ?

Now that you mention it, the 360 had its share of exclusives shmups!

There's just something satisfying about shooting to which people relate.

It's kind of amusing that you included Infamous:SS though. Would you consider Skyrim a shooter because it has spells?

Good points otherwise.