By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is PS4 a "shooter box"? *ShooterSation4?* (SS4) did it take the tittle from the 360?

Is PS4 a shooter box?

Yes 83 29.96%

No 165 59.57%

See Results 29 10.47%

Total:277
the-pi-guy said:
theprof00 said:
lol this is a joke right? I mean, immediately, it looks like a joke, but banana seems to be pushing it seriously

Pretty sure it is 80% joke.

By these standards most of the Mario games would be considered a shooter.  Heck Wii Sports is a shooter, except instead of a gun, you're using a bat.  

The fact is even the Wii is a shooter box. 

well obviously, I know that.

Around the Network

I wouldn't call Infamous a shooter, that's like saying Resident Evil 4 is an action game.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Any console that appeals solidly to westerners is a shooterbox.

the-pi-guy said:

What part do you know?

I mean I know that the standards he's using are not shooters, but anything using projectiles, and somehow equating that to a lack of variation.

Wright said:
platformmaster918 said:
Wright said:

Well, there's a lot of melee too in Call of Duty, for example, and arguably that's the most deadly way to deal with enemies both in CoD and Infamous, so we can count it as a shooter.

And for this same rule, we can apply it to Uncharted.

Seriously?  I just never feel like I'm playing a shooter in either of those.  I'm platforming and doing set pieces as much as I'm "shooting" in either of those games and I still don't consider using the multitude of infamous powers "shooting"

Man, I was being genuinely sarcastic.

Oh haha reading that again its kinda obvious my bad

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Is not about whats the best seller its about if the variety of games is there.  Like on the PS3 we had dozens of JRPGs, but just because they didn't sell the best does that mean they don't count?

Infamous is not a shooter, neither is uncharted. As for the order we didn't yet see official gameplay but we can say it is a shooter. Then we do not know details about the new ip of Santa Monica Studious, unless i am wrong.

The 360 is known as the shooterbox because it's two biggest exclusives are shooters gears/halo as well as the early map packs it gets. The ps4 has none of those traits.

spemanig said:

This is a joke, right? Look at the sales. PS3 has always been a shooter box. Just because it wasn't as successful a shooter box as the 360 doesn't mean it doesn't hold that distinct shooter box badge with proud shooter box honor. Out of the PS3's top 15, 11 were shooters. Out of the 360's, 13 were shooters. They are both shootery shooters' shooter boxes.

...Shooter.

You know what wasn't a shooter box? The Wii. Know what the Wii's best selling shooter is? Link's Cross Bow training... At number 22. The best selling COD was COD 3... At 51. And the Wii U still won't be a shooter box. (though shooters'll probably sell better on it than last gen) Meanwhile, PS4 and XBO will just trade places. PS4 will sell more shooters while XBO will sell less. Still a lot. Still shooters. Still shooter boxes.

God, I wish shooters sold better on Nintendo consoles, though... I love shooters... Dat Wii Remote Plus mouse-like presision. Mmm...

All good points.

The voting is hilarious to me.  It's the factual reality of the PS4's upcoming line up, but people are denying what is right in front of them.  Sony made sure and had their biggest first party FPS franchise as a launch title while Microsoft's only big franchise launch title is a racing game with no shooters at all.  

In fact, I'd imagine that if this poll were done a year from now the results would STILL look the same, despite the line-ups.  Shooterbox has been a condescending term used by PS fanboys, so there is no way they would vote any other way on a poll like this.  

I love it when a poll exposes biases.  

The console is what ever you make it. I you buy shooters it is a shoota box. I love shooters. Long live the making of great games.

I don't mind because I know JRPG games will be prevalent on the PS4.