By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is PS4 a "shooter box"? *ShooterSation4?* (SS4) did it take the tittle from the 360?

Is PS4 a shooter box?

Yes 83 29.96%

No 165 59.57%

See Results 29 10.47%

Total:277
S.T.A.G.E. said:
AshKetchum1992 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

It did. It had all the third party along with stronger first party than last generation.  Difference is unlike last gen Sony had all the third party majorly exclusive to their console.

I don't know if the PS4 will ever be as good as the PS2 in J-RPGs, though...

Ohhhhhh....If there are two companies that can reinvigorate the JRPG market  (if they wanted to) it would be Nintendo and Sony. Microsoft can try but it would be all for nothing.

Which JRPG was developed by Sony??

Around the Network

Yes, XBox 360 has lots of shooters, PS4 has lots of shooters, and you can go even farther:

The XBox 360 use GDDR RAM the PS4 uses GDDR RAM
The XBox 360 has an online community that can talk to one another, the PS4 has an online community where you can talk to one another.
The Xbox 360 allows you to share of facebook, the PS4 has a share button
(Et cetera and so forth)

Conclusion: the PS4 is in reality the Xbox 720

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Ohhhhhh....If there are two companies that can reinvigorate the JRPG market  (if they wanted to) it would be Nintendo and Sony. Microsoft can try but it would be all for nothing.

Off the top of my head, Legend of Dragoon? Demon Souls was co-created by Sony and funded, which is why the company had to change the name to Dark Souls. Level 5 has also been creating JRPG's under their publishing since the first Playstation 2. Theres been a lot of non-published games like Disgaea and Persona that have been exclusive to the playstation brand. Sony has a history with JRPG's dude. If they refocused their efforts for it on their primary platform it could revitalize JRPG. Funny enough, Sony's Japan studios have only made adventure games and racers. It would be awesome if they made a JRPG, but they are putting the finishing touches on Knack right now. Theres probably plenty more games from first, second and third party but I am going off the top of my head right now.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Demon Souls was co-created by Sony and funded, which is why the company had to change the name to Dark Souls.

Yes, and they thought the game was so uninteresting they chose not to localize it outside Japan.

Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Demon Souls was co-created by Sony and funded, which is why the company had to change the name to Dark Souls.

Yes, and they thought the game was so uninteresting they chose not to localize it outside Japan.

Um...what? Demon Souls is sitting right next to my PS3 and I am in America.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Then give your thanks to Atlus, not to Sony.

"Infamous - shooeter (not from a gun, from his hand)"

Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'll give you that. Regardless Software and Sony Japan made the game, as was my point to him. Whether Sony thought it would sell outside of Japan is purely their problem. Thanks to Altus and Namco Bandai for allowing the rest of the world to enjoy this great franchise.

brendude13 said:
"Infamous - shooeter (not from a gun, from his hand)"

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'll give you that. Regardless Software and Sony Japan made the game, as was my point to him. Whether Sony thought it would sell outside of Japan is purely their problem. Thanks to Altus and Namco Bandai allowing the rest of the world to enjoy this great franchise.

Don't you dare mention those. Atlus were the ones risking it all, Namco Bandai just wanted profits after seeing how well Demon's were doing in America. xD