By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is PS4 a "shooter box"? *ShooterSation4?* (SS4) did it take the tittle from the 360?

Is PS4 a shooter box?

Yes 83 29.96%

No 165 59.57%

See Results 29 10.47%

Total:277

To me it pretty much is and that's where gaming is headed and probably why Wii U hasn't taken off. Gaming, especially PS4 and XB1 are very western focused compared to any previous consoles which is why I have little interest in either.

Around the Network
Wright said:
RenCutypoison said:

And yeah, Shooter has always been the most popular genre since Shmups, what's worng with that ?

Now that you mention it, the 360 had its share of exclusives shmups!

Yeah it's the only reason I might buy one.

But I have a pc with a pad, so it's not my top priority.

If you're definition of shooter is vague enough to include inFamous, then yes.

4 ≈ One

the2real4mafol said:
RazorDragon said:
the2real4mafol said:
I wouldn't call Infamous a shooter, that's like saying Resident Evil 4 is an action game.

But Resident Evil 4 is an action game...

I though Resident Evil was a horror game until Resi 5 when it became more action based. 

It's an action game in a horror setting, since there was very little about survival horror in it.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Dun care I like to PEW PEW PEW in video games!

riderz13371 said:
Dun care I like to PEW PEW PEW in video games!

how the fuck are you back?

PS3 is a shooter box too. It might be less of one than 360 (7 out of top 10 versus 9 out of top 10) but it's still selling mostly shooters. Nintendo consoles are the ones with variety. Dance, sports, platformer, fighting, party. I don't see the PS4 overtaking Xbox. MS will focus on the biggest gaming market and we love shooters.

What shooter is Sony santa monica making? Infamous is not a shooter nor is gta...
Other than that i do think there is a high probability of what you are suggesting to be true

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Shooters are very popular and usually sell very well so its obvious the PS4 will have lots of them if it wants to be successful. Of Course Sony always releases games of a variety of different genre's so I don't think we can call the PS4 a shooterbox yet.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54