By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "PS4 preorders trending about 4:1 ahead of One in NA" - famousmortimer (rumour)

Everything is fine guys, no need to look behind the curtain

Around the Network
Wright said:
Zero999 said:

I think that's probably because Xone's pre orders are low (not surprising after all the anti consumer crap), not because ps4 pre orders are particularly high for a new console.

What makes you think that? Any evidence the rest of us is missing?

the feedback from consumers regarding xbox one.

4:1 Sounds quite a bit steep, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were true. Makes me look forward to the launches.

Zero999 said:
Wright said:
Zero999 said:

I think that's probably because Xone's pre orders are low (not surprising after all the anti consumer crap), not because ps4 pre orders are particularly high for a new console.

What makes you think that? Any evidence the rest of us is missing?

the feedback from consumers regarding xbox one.

Not true considering the fact the guy also mentioned that Sony will be sold out until March. That shows that the demand is pretty damn high. 

Um... ps4 preorders have been selling out left and right. If you think ps4 is 4 to 1 just because x1 is so low then sony must not have the much supply... but we know thats not true

Around the Network

i think alot of peoples,s pipe dreams will explode when the dust settles,just wow.....4 to 1 impossible i think not in usa.

Don,t be Fanboys,Be Gamefans,Play games 4ever...GAME ON(msn)

PsicloneX said:
i think alot of peoples,s pipe dreams will explode when the dust settles,just wow.....4 to 1 impossible i think not in usa.

A lot of people didn't think the Wii was going to do well at all. Many people expected the Nintendo 64 to crush the PlayStation when it came out. Few people anticipated the Xbox 360 to do as well as it did. Even more people thought the PlayStation 3 was going to dominate (pre-price reveal). Why? All based on history. For as much as they try to use history to assert their own personal beliefs they never seem to learn that in this industry the past counts for little as it has shown time and again. It is not impossible at all for the Xbox One to be beaten that badly in the US. Do not count on the performance of the Xbox 360 in North America to translate to NOT getting the snot kicked out of the Xbox One in the same region. Do I feel that a 4 to 1 difference is likely? No I don't but it is far from impossible.

very true

Well either the preorder numbers are so far off that they might as well not exist or this guy is way off base. I'll go with the latter. All we have to do is look at COD:Ghosts preorder numbers and we can see that 4:1 is impossible.

I just did the math and the attach ratio for BLOPS2 on PS3 is around 16% while on the Xbox 360 it is around 19%. Now we can go ahead and ignore those figures and say that the attach ratio for COD:Ghosts is twice as much on the Xbox One in NA than the PS4. Then we can go ahead and make an even more ridiculous statement and say the attach ratio is 50% preorders on Xbox One so therefore the PS4 attach ratio is only 25%.

So lets use these numbers that skew PS4 preorder totals towards its favor over the Xbox One and see what we get.

PS4 - COD:Ghosts preorder (129,048) x attach ratio (25% which = 4 consoles per preorder) = 129,048 x 4 = 516,192.

Xbox One - COD:Ghosts preorder (114,778) x attach ratio (50% which = 2 consoles per preorder) = 114,778 x 2 = 229,556.

We can conclude that ratio is the PS4 preorders outpacing 2.2 : 1. You can't argue with these numbers. If attach ratio of COD:Ghosts is similar for these next gen consoles as the PS3 and Xbox One then we are looking at a 1.2 : 1 ratio in PS4's favor.

If you still want to argue that the PS4 must be 3 : 1 or even a ridiculous 4 : 1 in preorder numbers over Xbox One then COD:Ghosts must have an astonishing 75% or more attach ratio which means the COD crowd has already picked its console winner. MS will have the COD crowd in their pocket once again and will win America.

Which scenario is most plausible to you? I believe the numbers are PS4 > Xbox One 1.5 : 1 at most.

tuscaniman99 said:
Well either the preorder numbers are so far off that they might as well not exist or this guy is way off base. I'll go with the latter. All we have to do is look at COD:Ghosts preorder numbers and we can see that 4:1 is impossible.

I just did the math and the attach ratio for BLOPS2 on PS3 is around 16% while on the Xbox 360 it is around 19%. Now we can go ahead and ignore those figures and say that the attach ratio for COD:Ghosts is twice as much on the Xbox One in NA than the PS4. Then we can go ahead and make an even more ridiculous statement and say the attach ratio is 50% preorders on Xbox One so therefore the PS4 attach ratio is only 25%.

So lets use these numbers that skew PS4 preorder totals towards its favor over the Xbox One and see what we get.

PS4 - COD:Ghosts preorder (129,048) x attach ratio (25% which = 4 consoles per preorder) = 129,048 x 4 = 516,192.

Xbox One - COD:Ghosts preorder (114,778) x attach ratio (50% which = 2 consoles per preorder) = 114,778 x 2 = 229,556.

We can conclude that ratio is the PS4 preorders outpacing 2.2 : 1. You can't argue with these numbers. If attach ratio of COD:Ghosts is similar for these next gen consoles as the PS3 and Xbox One then we are looking at a 1.2 : 1 ratio in PS4's favor.

If you still want to argue that the PS4 must be 3 : 1 or even a ridiculous 4 : 1 in preorder numbers over Xbox One then COD:Ghosts must have an astonishing 75% or more attach ratio which means the COD crowd has already picked its console winner. MS will have the COD crowd in their pocket once again and will win America.

Which scenario is most plausible to you? I believe the numbers are PS4 > Xbox One 1.5 : 1 at most.

A preorder chart that even didn't know that GT6 exists lol.