By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "PS4 preorders trending about 4:1 ahead of One in NA" - famousmortimer (rumour)

No, they have that region on lock. As well as the UK.

Or so we would have believed. Even after countless examples of trends changing last generation, plenty still believed the boat wasn't going to rock much heading into this gen. Nothing in this is industry is guaranteed.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
3:1 sounds right but 4:1 is crazy. If thats true, its not good for MS even in America. If they lose America they have no hope of beating Sony.

If they DRAW in America, they have no chance of beating Sony

Pretty much.

Here in Belgium the big gamestores have a 4 to 1 ratio but the big electronica retailers are more like 8/1 till 10/1 with nearly no advertisement from the Xbox side. I think here it will be total domination. Especially when most of your friends get a PS4 and you still need to wait till march for a Xbox One then those few Xbox elitists will come to the Dark Side as well :p

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Apparently (I am newish to reading neogaf) this famousmortimer is supposedly pretty reliable.

I'm not sure... I mean Xbox is still kicking PS3's butt in the USA... if things were that bad why would the PS3 continue to lag behind? But then this is a new gen and the early adopters are the ones who still carry the consoles in the initial period.

It makes sense that MS have reduced their EU countries to focus as much stock on the USA... no way would you want to not have enough stock and let people move over to Sony instead.

If Sony can release first in the USA, that would be a big benefit i feel. Question is Sony is going to announce Wednesday launch day, will MS be confident in their own release and announce before or wait for Sony.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Azerth said:
we dont know since we dont know how many each one has allowed to be preordered for all we know ms only allowed 100,000 and sony allowed 400,000

Gamestop is still allowing preorders. The launches are going to be pretty big. Probably much bigger than we once thought.

i know.  the numbers i used were just for the example  i still expect the ps4 to sell more

Around the Network
elazz said:

Here in Belgium the big gamestores have a 4 to 1 ratio but the big electronica retailers are more like 8/1 till 10/1 with nearly no advertisement from the Xbox side. I think here it will be total domination. Especially when most of your friends get a PS4 and you still need to wait till march for a Xbox One then those few Xbox elitists will come to the Dark Side as well :p

I was in Game (UK) last weekend - it had at least 3 stand up PS4 cardboard cut outs, and two hanging PS4 posters, while the Xbox had 2 hanging posters. It was certainly more geared to PS4.

If it really is 3/4 to 1, then I can see why they would be pushing PS4 as much as possible because they can get more sales.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
Apparently (I am newish to reading neogaf) this famousmortimer is supposedly pretty reliable.

I'm not sure... I mean Xbox is still kicking PS3's butt in the USA... if things were that bad why would the PS3 continue to lag behind? But then this is a new gen and the early adopters are the ones who still carry the consoles in the initial period.

It makes sense that MS have reduced their EU countries to focus as much stock on the USA... no way would you want to not have enough stock and let people move over to Sony instead.

If Sony can release first in the USA, that would be a big benefit i feel. Question is Sony is going to announce Wednesday launch day, will MS be confident in their own release and announce before or wait for Sony.

The problema is that for me MS is way behind in terms of production (the delay in others countries hints that)... I'm pretty sure we will see a lot more PS4 than Xbone on store this years.

This guys legit. Cool info.

Read the whole post though. Sounds like gamescom will suck :(

Wooh ps4!

Dallinor said:
No, they have that region on lock. As well as the UK.

Or so we would have believed. Even after countless examples of trends changing last generation, plenty still believed the boat wasn't going to rock much heading into this gen. Nothing in this is industry is guaranteed.

you do realize the PS3 sold more than the UK in the summer, and mostly due to one tittle, TLoU. i wouldnt say that market is "locked" when one game can make a console outsell the other for a matter of months so late in the gen