By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "PS4 preorders trending about 4:1 ahead of One in NA" - famousmortimer (rumour)

Its a good chance the ratio is legit. After the initial 180, XB1 preorders were standing toe to toe against ps4, but since then, it has died down quite a bit.

Looking at amazing us & uk, PS4 is still in the top 10, whereas XB1 is not.

Around the Network

@JoeTheBro
Anyone with a preorder already is hardcore.

The only way PS4 is beating Xbox One 4:1 is if they have 4 times as much stock available in NA. I highly doubt Microsoft is that far behind in production for their biggest territory. In fact I believe by dropping 8 countries they will ship even more units for NA. I'm still thinking 1.5:1 in NA. Both consoles will sell out entirely until Feb/March of 2014. Its hard to say what the ratio is so it depends on how many units both companies produce.

Raven722 said:
PsicloneX said:
i think alot of peoples,s pipe dreams will explode when the dust settles,just wow.....4 to 1 impossible i think not in usa.

A lot of people didn't think the Wii was going to do well at all. Many people expected the Nintendo 64 to crush the PlayStation when it came out. Few people anticipated the Xbox 360 to do as well as it did. Even more people thought the PlayStation 3 was going to dominate (pre-price reveal). Why? All based on history. For as much as they try to use history to assert their own personal beliefs they never seem to learn that in this industry the past counts for little as it has shown time and again. It is not impossible at all for the Xbox One to be beaten that badly in the US. Do not count on the performance of the Xbox 360 in North America to translate to NOT getting the snot kicked out of the Xbox One in the same region. Do I feel that a 4 to 1 difference is likely? No I don't but it is far from impossible.

I believe as people have caught on it has made economonical sense now how these consoles have sold good or bad. Until Microsoft drops the Kinect sku  Sony is going to force them between a rock and a hard place. If anyone today is in denial as to how the 360, PS and Wii sold, its pretty obvious. This generation is going to be close between the Xbox and Playstation but Sony will definitely get the lead out the gate. Problem with that is that for the Xbox is that if the mid-tier gamers who don't care about Halo and Just play the annual titles like COD & Madden catch on, it will hurt Microsoft because Microsoft depends upon that crowd.

Wright said:
NYANKS said:
Wright said:
NYANKS said:
Wright said:
JoeTheBro said:

Crazy train ass is like 99% right. The few things he gets wrong are from stuff changing behind the scenes. What that guy says is thruthfact.

But crazy train is not the 100% of NeoGaf. He just boost stadistics to their side! See, that's the beauty of maths.

I also said some of those guys, not the aggregate of neogaf, that's the beauty of reading comprehension.

So part of those guys have Crazy Buttocks's level when it comes to accuracy?

I think many on there think Buttocks is Adam Sessler or someone even more privy to info.  But there's a small group of people who are right enough to make you seriously wonder.  Like some are probably at like 70% or higher I'd say.  But you're right, most people are just posers who guess randomly or people who scour the site until one of the big posters say something epic lol. 

I just like that they qualify their statements, they admit things change quickly or they state whenever they're making a jump in logic. 

And don't we have someone on this site who is supposed to be a higher up in Gamestop who confirmed that PS4 is doing significantly better?  Can someone help me out with the name, I'm drawing a ridiculous blank...

I don't know. If CB were someone as well-known as Adam Sessler, we would have known already. But who knows.

CBOAT apparently is a high level MS employee

Around the Network

Considering the current ratio for current gen in NA, even a tie is a huge win for ps4.

The ratio of PS2s to Xbox in NA was 3.4 to 1, considerably lower than what famousmortimer is proposing with PS4 to One 4 to 1.

Just further food for thought.

RolStoppable said:
The United Kingdom is a strange place. Often mentioned separately from Europe, now they are Western Europe.

Not even trying to be snarky when I say I don't understand what you're getting at.

It is and has always been a western European country, albeit one more culturally in line with the other Anglo countries, none of which are European and two of which are North American.

You're missing the point of my post.  I'm asking for supporting evidence of this 4 to 1 ratio. Even if it were just one store. I've heard X1 is ahead 5 to 1, since we don't need evidence to back our claims. I read the artical, I can't complain about that. The artical even says it's just a rumor, yet people seem to take it as gosphil.

PS2 was 3.4:1 over Xbox. Now I know 4:1 is impossible unless Microsoft really is that far behind in production. In my inner circle it is 3:1 Xbox (3 friends preordered X1 vs 1 ps4). I know that doesn't mean anything but whatever amount of Xbox Ones MS has available for purchase they will sell. Same as Sony and PS4. I just don't see Sony producing 4 times as many PS4s as Xbox Ones in America. Maybe twice as many at most.