By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "PS4 preorders trending about 4:1 ahead of One in NA" - famousmortimer (rumour)

This doesn't surprise me, at all. Not when you look at Amazon preorders for the year. Just the launch edition PS4 is at #3. The Xbox One launch edition was #6, but has fallen to #7. And the standard PS4 SKU is pretty quickly moving up the charts and is most likely going to end up in the Top 10 within a month, possibly passing the Xbox One launch edition. And while the PS4 has 2 or 3 other bundles in the Top 100, the Xbox One standard edition hasn't even entered the list, yet.

Then you have Gamestop, who was told to open the floodgates for PS4 preorder, but within a few weeks had to stop because of high demand. The Xbox One, on the other hand, had very limited supply, yet took longer to sell out. I think we're looking at PS2 dominance next gen for the PS4. At least, in the first year or so.

Around the Network

good lawd...

tuscaniman99 said:
@CGI-Quality
I'm referring to the numbers JoetheBro posted that had PS4 @ 75,000 preorders and Xbox One @ 45,000 after E3 over two months ago.

Early adopters. Like I explained in an earlier post about pre-order charts, there are many variables to consider. How many people who were going to pre-order, regardless of policies, did so? How many people went back to Xbox after the policy switch versus those who didn't? How many people in total want a PS4 over an XOne? At what rate were people pre-ordering these consoles at what periods of time? What would the numbers currently look like had Xbox One not changed? 6 to 1? 10 to 1? 20 to 1? If Xbox One had hit its ceiling of early adopters already but PlayStation 4 had more and many who have or had yet to pre-order then that number may start off close but then grow as time goes on. Especially if Sony is providing more launch units than Microsoft is. For example, if Microsoft only had 25,000 people who wanted the XOne on Day 1 and Sony had 100,000 with half of them pre-ordering the console at the same time as everyone who wanted the XOne, then the initial numbers would be 2 to 1 but Sony would still have another 50,000 people to order the PS4 while the pre-orders for the XOne dried up. Sooner or later those 100,000 people who wanted the PS4 will all order and a 4 to 1 ratio will be reached. Two cars moving at the same speed with the same fuel efficiency but one only had a quarter of a tank of gas while the other was full. Which one ends up on the side of the road first and how much sooner than the other?

NYANKS said:
Wright said:
NYANKS said:
Wright said:
JoeTheBro said:

Crazy train ass is like 99% right. The few things he gets wrong are from stuff changing behind the scenes. What that guy says is thruthfact.

But crazy train is not the 100% of NeoGaf. He just boost stadistics to their side! See, that's the beauty of maths.

I also said some of those guys, not the aggregate of neogaf, that's the beauty of reading comprehension.

So part of those guys have Crazy Buttocks's level when it comes to accuracy?

I think many on there think Buttocks is Adam Sessler or someone even more privy to info.  But there's a small group of people who are right enough to make you seriously wonder.  Like some are probably at like 70% or higher I'd say.  But you're right, most people are just posers who guess randomly or people who scour the site until one of the big posters say something epic lol. 

I just like that they qualify their statements, they admit things change quickly or they state whenever they're making a jump in logic. 

And don't we have someone on this site who is supposed to be a higher up in Gamestop who confirmed that PS4 is doing significantly better?  Can someone help me out with the name, I'm drawing a ridiculous blank...

BenV!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

That's crazy if true, though I have a hard time believing it.

Around the Network

I have no idea why i'm not surprised, I thought that NA would be the reason. Now I wonder what is the ratio in Europe and Japan.

4:1 is impressive if true.

Based CBOT!!

I'm not surprised really. I haven't seen a single Xbox One TV ad yet and so many people hated their announcement so they have that going against themselves as well. They have a lot of negativity going against them right now.

In November every single XONE (even before the 24h-180) and every single PS4 put on the shelves will be sold out in half a week.

And they will sell almost the same for 3 or 4 week. The only thing that can change this is production and shipping issues, that we can´t (or Sony and MS) control.

Those preorders numbers means nothing, now, even if they are true.