By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "PS4 preorders trending about 4:1 ahead of One in NA" - famousmortimer (rumour)

Wright said:
NYANKS said:
Wright said:
JoeTheBro said:

Crazy train ass is like 99% right. The few things he gets wrong are from stuff changing behind the scenes. What that guy says is thruthfact.

But crazy train is not the 100% of NeoGaf. He just boost stadistics to their side! See, that's the beauty of maths.

I also said some of those guys, not the aggregate of neogaf, that's the beauty of reading comprehension.

So part of those guys have Crazy Buttocks's level when it comes to accuracy?

I think many on there think Buttocks is Adam Sessler or someone even more privy to info.  But there's a small group of people who are right enough to make you seriously wonder.  Like some are probably at like 70% or higher I'd say.  But you're right, most people are just posers who guess randomly or people who scour the site until one of the big posters say something epic lol. 

I just like that they qualify their statements, they admit things change quickly or they state whenever they're making a jump in logic. 

And don't we have someone on this site who is supposed to be a higher up in Gamestop who confirmed that PS4 is doing significantly better?  Can someone help me out with the name, I'm drawing a ridiculous blank...

Around the Network
NYANKS said:
Wright said:
NYANKS said:
Wright said:
JoeTheBro said:

Crazy train ass is like 99% right. The few things he gets wrong are from stuff changing behind the scenes. What that guy says is thruthfact.

But crazy train is not the 100% of NeoGaf. He just boost stadistics to their side! See, that's the beauty of maths.

I also said some of those guys, not the aggregate of neogaf, that's the beauty of reading comprehension.

So part of those guys have Crazy Buttocks's level when it comes to accuracy?

I think many on there think Buttocks is Adam Sessler or someone even more privy to info.  But there's a small group of people who are right enough to make you seriously wonder.  Like some are probably at like 70% or higher I'd say.  But you're right, most people are just posers who guess randomly or people who scour the site until one of the big posters say something epic lol. 

I just like that they qualify their statements, they admit things change quickly or they state whenever they're making a jump in logic. 

And don't we have someone on this site who is supposed to be a higher up in Gamestop who confirmed that PS4 is doing significantly better?  Can someone help me out with the name, I'm drawing a ridiculous blank...

I don't know. If CB were someone as well-known as Adam Sessler, we would have known already. But who knows.

$399 vs $499 for nearly identical hardware. is anyone really surprised?

..that said 4:1 seems high.

Kind of funny... 4 to 1, really? Show me some numbers, not rankings. Units sold (or presold) are what matter. Anybody? Or is this just a fanboy non-sense forum?

Gamecube said:
Kind of funny... 4 to 1, really? Show me some numbers, not rankings. Units sold (or presold) are what matter. Anybody? Or is this just a fanboy non-sense forum?

Numbers? Last umbers we got were the week of E3 when pre-orders started. 75,000 to 45,000.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251076/ps4-vs-xbox-one-pre-order-totals-to-june-15th-2013/

Around the Network

Probably really, REALLY old data if all other sources (not just preorders) from back before a bunch of these 180s are to be believed.

I'd love for it to be correct after being burned by the 360 getting next to no non-kinect exclusives post 2010, but as it is I still expect the One to win NA with a good degree of wiggle room, albeit with a smaller total victory gap than what we saw with 360 > PS3, and bigger losses in the rest of the world than what we saw with PS3 > 360.

What Ethomaz said.

I can't imagine actual sales being 4:1 in US. I would like to get a wordlwide sales ratio estimate.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

So it wasn't even 2:1 before the 180 but now its 4:1? Yeah makes sense -_-

@CGI-Quality
I'm referring to the numbers JoetheBro posted that had PS4 @ 75,000 preorders and Xbox One @ 45,000 after E3 over two months ago.

tuscaniman99 said:
@CGI-Quality
I'm referring to the numbers JoetheBro posted that had PS4 @ 75,000 preorders and Xbox One @ 45,000 after E3 over two months ago.

Those numbers are right after E3. I'd expect most of them to be from die hard fans. You know, people that buy a system even if it killed their kids? With a few months more of data, the more casual of the core would be preordering. They would be mostly go PS4 but then likely sway with the 180s.

I don't really know, but these are the numbers.