I love FF12 but fuck Vaan.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network
NoirSon said:

Excluding the Gunblade how exactly was Squall awesome? Because I remember him whining and acting like jerk more for about half of the game while people gravitated toward his anti social self for no reason.

Just because you think he had  bad personality doesn't mean he was a bad protagonist. Vaan didn't really have a point. That said, much about Squall was his development from a guy only out for himself to someone out to protect others, whether this was forced on him or by him making that personal strive to leave his shell.

Jumpin said:
Zidane and Vaan for being very unmemorable and bland. They are even too boring to be side characters in Breath of Fire 5.

Unmemorable and bland? Zidane? Hot headed ladies man?

Hmm, pie.

NoirSon said:
think-man said:
NoirSon said:
The fact that Squall isn't winning this poll is one of the many reasons there is something wrong this generation of gamers... and the reason Twilight made stupid amount of money.

Nah Squall was awesome, those characters before ff10 were all great because there was no voice acting, even if they said some cliche lines in your head you could make them sound way less corny.

Excluding the Gunblade how exactly was Squall awesome? Because I remember him whining and acting like jerk more for about half of the game while people gravitated toward his anti social self for no reason.

Granted, I felt him and Rinoa deserved one another because I found her the perfect punishment for such a emo pretty boy so obviously trying to capture the magic Square soft found with Cloud. Vaan, I barely consider a main character but even he had more redeeming characteristics in regards to personality and game play then I found with Squall.

I liked his personality, he had that "just leave me alone" kind of attitude which I found was quite relatable to myself while I was in my young teenage years. He didn't really wanna be apart of all the BS that was going on, as the game goes on though you start to see him evolve and tone down his selish ways which square worked so well into the game.

Jumpin said:
Zidane and Vaan for being very unmemorable and bland. They are even too boring to be side characters in Breath of Fire 5.

I agree with Vaan, but Zidane being unmemorable is a weird one, did you skip all the dialogue and movies while playing the game or something xD

NoirSon said:
think-man said:
NoirSon said:
The fact that Squall isn't winning this poll is one of the many reasons there is something wrong this generation of gamers... and the reason Twilight made stupid amount of money.

Nah Squall was awesome, those characters before ff10 were all great because there was no voice acting, even if they said some cliche lines in your head you could make them sound way less corny.

Granted, I felt him and Rinoa deserved one another because I found her the perfect punishment for such a emo pretty boy so obviously trying to capture the magic Square soft found with Cloud. Vaan, I barely consider a main character but even he had more redeeming characteristics in regards to personality and game play then I found with Squall.Anyone 

Anyone catch the irony in this Noirguy's posts? Based on his emo sounding-whining and jerkish posts towards the gamer generation, he's a living breathing version of the caricature he has drawn up for Squall. Only, without the gunblade =P

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Eh, I don't think Vaan is that bad... his clothing however is atrocious. Personality-wise, I would say Tidus. Something about him annoyed me, not sure if it's the terrible voice acting or not.

Why isn't Cloud Strife an option? I voted for Vaan. Balthier was who Matsuno intended to be the lead character. Vaan was wedged in after he left and it shows. However Cloud would have been my first choice.

Jumpin said:

Even if you consider them unmemorable and bland, Vaan annihilates them at that status.

NoirSon said:

Granted, I felt him and Rinoa deserved one another because I found her the perfect punishment for such a emo pretty boy so obviously trying to capture the magic Square soft found with Cloud. Vaan, I barely consider a main character but even he had more redeeming characteristics in regards to personality and game play then I found with Squall.

Don't tell me you didnt want to bitch slap Snow more than any other character in the FF universe.

Lightnings is in second place but I cant see how thats possible. Just because XIII is your least favorite game doesnt mean the characters are bad? I cant see how shes one of the least favorite. I bet most people who hated her love cloud yet their personalities are similar.