By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ubisoft: Watch Dogs & AC4 Preorders "Much Bigger" On Next-gen

Tagged games:

Nem said:

If thats true its bad news for them.

To be honest though, i can safely say they arent beeing truthful. They want to incentivise next-gen sales for some reason. Its comparable to that poor quality screenshot of current gen Watch dogs that they advertised. I wouldnt be so quick to diss VGC numbers. They are probably correct.

what benefit to them would it be if they lie about numbers? And considering how many times VGC has been wrong, especially with preorder numbers most are inclined to believe Ubisoft. Hell i didnt even see Watchdog preorders for current gen.

Around the Network
Scisca said:
I bloody hope the PS4/WiiU multiplats will offer Vita funtionality on par with what we can see on the Wii U. This would be an awesome selling point for PS4 and would actually benefit Wii U as well. Just the XO would be left out, but whatever :P

besides remote play microsoft will be able to do the same think with glasspane... i think it is called glasspane? damn :D

but we haven't seen too much good utilizations of the second screen. inventory or map is ok... and even cooler on a tablet than vita or wiiu.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Smartglass. And it's not cooler on a tablet, cause if you're holding your controller, you're not holding your tablet, while both on a Gamepad and a Vita you hold everything in your hands, so Smartglass is actually significantly worse.

That's why I'm cheering Wii U and PS4/PSV combo, I want to see more, as this could really add something. For now - I hope Wii U gamers buy games that utilise these features thus helping them become a new standard.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

having seen the footage for current gen watch dogs i can't imagine the next gen versions not outperforming the current gen versions. night and day.

oniyide said:
Nem said:

To be honest though, i can safely say they arent beeing truthful. They want to incentivise next-gen sales for some reason. Its comparable to that poor quality screenshot of current gen Watch dogs that they advertised. I wouldnt be so quick to diss VGC numbers. They are probably correct.

what benefit to them would it be if they lie about numbers? And considering how many times VGC has been wrong, especially with preorder numbers most are inclined to believe Ubisoft. Hell i didnt even see Watchdog preorders for current gen.

I would think that way if they hadnt tried to sell us the idea that current gen versions are comparable to an Xbox game. The next gen versions obviously cost more so i would think thats why they want to make sure those sell. Basically to justify the investment.

Around the Network
OdinHades said:
Can someone explain me, why anyone would pre-order those games? I mean, is anyone expecting that there will be shortages or something? Or better yet, can someone tell me why in the world anyone on this planet would pre-order digital games?

Seriously, I don't get it. You walk into a store one day before release and you see a shitload of copies from the game you want. Why pre-order? Why on earth is there even an option for games? Are people pre-ordering movies, too?

Little bit off-topic, sorry, but it just blows my mind.

The only reason I pre-order things is because I sometimes don't pay attention to release dates.  I just am browing on Amazon and see something I like and pre-order it.  Then I don't have to think about it again and it shows up on my doorstep on release day or close to.  Heck I've had a book preordered for like a year now, I do that mostly with books cause they are like $10 and easy to forget or miss their releases.  Not exactly advertised.

Rarely pre-order games, for the reason as you stated.  How often is a game out of stock?  ONly happens super rare and usually when dealing with something on Nintendo console, such as Xenoblade, One Piece Unlimited Adventure, DBZ tenkaichi 3, ect.  It's amazing how many stores I had to go to when they were out to even find an employee who had heard of those games, let alone had it.  

Nem said:
oniyide said:
Nem said:

I would think that way if they hadnt tried to sell us the idea that current gen versions are comparable to an Xbox game. The next gen versions obviously cost more so i would think thats why they want to make sure those sell. Basically to justify the investment.

but lying about preorders doesnt serve that purpose, but not showing current gen versions and when you do show it they look worst, certaintly do

Not surprising. Though encouraging.

Just think about it. You go in and preorder a PS4, whether or not you colle t it at all. You're gonna preorder at least one other game for it, right? Now, most of the exclusives are either new IPs or wouldn't be exciting for the average gamer, so why not play safe with AC? And Watch Dogs is being heavily pushed, so why not get that as well?

People who preorder the current gen version will start flooding in a few weeks before the launch of the system. And whilst having this right now, it's no question that the current gen versions will outsell the next gen versions, by a healthy margin. So, it's good news, but a chunk of PR on the side IMO.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

oniyide said:

but lying about preorders doesnt serve that purpose, but not showing current gen versions and when you do show it they look worst, certaintly do

Its not lying. You dont know exactly wich numbers and under wich circunstances they are referring to. They literally give no information except a bloated "much bigger". Its very easy to twist something into that. Have them reveal the numbers and prove to us what their definition of "much bigger" is.

I still stand by VGC on this. I very much doubt the games will sell more on next gen consoles. Especially Assassins 4. Actually, im pretty sure of it. Watch dogs is more difficult to tell since its a new IP starting with new consoles in mind. Wich is why ubi wants to push this idea so much. I am unsure how much the title is actually gonna manage to sell.

From the preorders people are way more pumped for the third party stuff they can get versions of on current gen than the exclusives. WTF? I guess 1080p and/or 60fps really is a major selling point for people.