By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ubisoft: Watch Dogs & AC4 Preorders "Much Bigger" On Next-gen

Tagged games:

What's really surprising is that our preorder chart reflects that info! :D

Is VGC finally spot on with preorders?

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
Vgc pre-order data likely way off then.

Why? PS3 version is way above PS3.

OdinHades said:
Can someone explain me, why anyone would pre-order those games? I mean, is anyone expecting that there will be shortages or something? Or better yet, can someone tell me why in the world anyone on this planet would pre-order digital games?

Seriously, I don't get it. You walk into a store one day before release and you see a shitload of copies from the game you want. Why pre-order? Why on earth is there even an option for games? Are people pre-ordering movies, too?

Little bit off-topic, sorry, but it just blows my mind.

I don't preorder myself, but from what I know, sometimes when a retailer gets their shipment early, they sometimes tend to ship the game to the buyer before launch date, although that's sporadical.

Why I think people mostly preorder? I think it's a psychological thing, they really want the game, by preordering it they feel they are closer to owning it, are resistant to unusual but possible sell outs, etc.etc. Some are preordering limited editions which is definitely a legit move.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

I have Watch_Dogs pre-ordered. Couldn't finish AC3, so idk about AC4. Though after watching that Splinter Cell Blacklist video for WiiU... I may get that plus I'm already getting Rayman, so ubi is already getting quite the cash from me.

Isnt the Watch Dogs preorder higher on Ps4 Xbox One because those are the only next gen bundles left to buy? Watch dogs+ ps4/XboxOne.

Im getting it on Wii U btw.

Around the Network

this is from vgchartz, there were requests for the games <30k, because they aren't on the charts yet.

Assassins Creed 4 Watch Dogs
Xbox 360 56,498 22,806
PS3 40,325 20,289
Xbox One -
PS4 -

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Gehirnkrampf said:

this is from vgchartz, there were requests for the games <30k, because they aren't on the charts yet.

Assassins Creed 4 Watch Dogs
Xbox 360 56,498 22,806
PS3 40,325 20,289
Xbox One -
PS4 -

Watch Dogs seems fine while AC4 wrong.

I bloody hope the PS4/WiiU multiplats will offer Vita funtionality on par with what we can see on the Wii U. This would be an awesome selling point for PS4 and would actually benefit Wii U as well. Just the XO would be left out, but whatever :P

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

ethomaz said:
nightsurge said:

Why? PS3 version is way above PS4.

Only for Watch Dogs. AC4 is much higher on 360/PS3.

nightsurge said:

Dunno it's hard to figure out right now. Perhaps people are not jumping on these games pre-orders for current get yet as they are deciding if they upgrade or not.

I really think next gen might harm current gen sales to some extent (i.e not as many buy combined as if only current gen was available).

This year's end is going to be fascinating though :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!