By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Reasons Xbox One is the console to own this christmas.

Would you attempt to mod or make an Xbox One game yourself

Yes 48 17.52%

No 139 50.73%

No but I'll play others creations and mods 40 14.60%

Modding sucks and its poi... 47 17.15%

Total:274
curl-6 said:

Can it play Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze? No? :p

SRSLY?!? OMG pre order cancelled

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Around the Network
bobgamer said:
sales2099 said:

Ugh....please try to embrace your own bias WHILE at least seeing the pros of the competition. It makes you a far better all-around fan of said company.

You at least accept that 360 indie titles outnumber PS minies by the hundreds, your silence tells all.

As for XBLA, its common sense...and on metacritic. Public records there for all to see. I have no doubts of my prior claim.

Assuming i don't accept my bias sure is rich (hint: i do). And i would even ask you to explain where in my post i refused to see the pro's in MS's offerings, i asked for a source (which you conveniently didn't give) and said that quality is a matter of opinion. You disagree with this?

My silence? I didn't know that posting=silence. The more you know i guess.

And we could turn this into a discussion of the burden of proof but we are not going there, right?

If it's so common sense, please enlighten me (i am serious). Common sense is usually not so hard to prove since it's so, you know, common.

I directed you to metacritic. Personally I don't feel to look at the top 100 meta scores of 360 and PS3, filter out XBLA and PSN games, prove to you that XBLA has more critically acclaimed quality (you allready know XBLA has more in quantity).....only for you to say "its just an opinion". lol. But I know its there and XBLA has better games and you are more then welcome to go there, since its public access and open to everyone.

And again, Xbox indie channel has literally hundreds more games then PS minies.

So your origional mega LOLOLOLOL comment to the OP claiming Xbox indie superiority, is largely baseless. You laugh was a lie!

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
bobgamer said:
sales2099 said:

Ugh....please try to embrace your own bias WHILE at least seeing the pros of the competition. It makes you a far better all-around fan of said company.

You at least accept that 360 indie titles outnumber PS minies by the hundreds, your silence tells all.

As for XBLA, its common sense...and on metacritic. Public records there for all to see. I have no doubts of my prior claim.

Assuming i don't accept my bias sure is rich (hint: i do). And i would even ask you to explain where in my post i refused to see the pro's in MS's offerings, i asked for a source (which you conveniently didn't give) and said that quality is a matter of opinion. You disagree with this?

My silence? I didn't know that posting=silence. The more you know i guess.

And we could turn this into a discussion of the burden of proof but we are not going there, right?

If it's so common sense, please enlighten me (i am serious). Common sense is usually not so hard to prove since it's so, you know, common.

I directed you to metacritic. Personally I don't feel to look at the top 100 meta scores of 360 and PS3, filter out XBLA and PSN games, prove to you that XBLA has more critically acclaimed quality (you allready know XBLA has more in quantity).....only for you to say "its just an opinion". lol. But I know its there and XBLA has better games and you are more then welcome to go there, since its public access and open to everyone.

So your origional mega LOLOLOLOL comment to the OP claiming Xbox indie superiority, is largely baseless. You laugh was a lie!

That's not to say that PS3 doesn't have its share of high quality indie games. It's a new generation and the indie scene will move to the bigger audience; they don't have a loyalty to Microsoft or a hatred for Sony. Part of the reason we see more Xbox exclsuives on Xbla is because Microsoft won't publish a game that has been on psn first and frankly PSN doesn't have as large of a consumer base. Microsoft's policy on not publishing games that were released on PSN first, as far as I know, is the same (maybe they reversed it as part of their 180), but the market share will probably shift to Sony this generation and it's shortsighted to think that every developer would stick with Xbox when there is a larger audeince elsewhere.

Yes Xbox has more titles in their store, but that's not set in stone for all of eternity and it's not as if devs refuse to publish on Sony platforms. You will still see Xbox One timed exclusives because of Microsfot's policies, but if the PS4 has the larger market, it will also have more games. And as of this point - Sony seems to be the one getting the most indie-dev support.

Is it just me, or all the functionalities listed also available on PS4? (with the exception of Halo of course)

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

DialgaMarine said:
Is it just me, or all the functionalities listed also available on PS4? (with the exception of Halo of course)

So, PS4 has PSN and Xbox Live?!

Woah, I'm SO pre-ordering a Ps4 now!

Around the Network
Wright said:
DialgaMarine said:

lol You know what I meant.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

DialgaMarine said:
Wright said:
DialgaMarine said:

lol You know what I meant.

But you laughed anyway

Figgycal said:
sales2099 said:

That's not to say that PS3 doesn't have its share of high quality indie games. It's a new generation and the indie scene will move to the bigger audience; they don't have a loyalty to Microsoft or a hatred for Sony. Part of the reason we see more Xbox exclsuives on Xbla is because Microsoft won't publish a game that has been on psn first and frankly PSN doesn't have as large of a consumer base. Microsoft's policy on not publishing games that were released on PSN first, as far as I know, is the same (maybe they reversed it as part of their 180), but the market share will probably shift to Sony this generation and it's shortsighted to think that every developer would stick with Xbox when there is a larger audeince elsewhere.

Yes Xbox has more titles in their store, but that's not set in stone for all of eternity and it's not as if devs refuse to publish on Sony platforms. You will still see Xbox One timed exclusives because of Microsfot's policies, but if the PS4 has the larger market, it will also have more games. And as of this point - Sony seems to be the one getting the most indie-dev support.

Thank you, sales reasoning seems to be that what happenned this gen=what is going to happen next gen, even though it's looking to be quite the opposite with Sony and not Microsoft  leading the indie charge this gen (MS did this last gen and it payed off handsomely).

Not-so-proud owner of every current-gen system. 

Next-gen is upon us folks!

And some cool and inspiring quotes

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” 
― Oscar Wilde
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Bernard M. Baruch
J_Allard said:
Idk if I am buying either console at launch but if I do it will most certainly be the Xbox One because it is the only one that really seems to be doing anything different. The only thing PS4 seems to be doing over PS3 is charging for online play.

Much better launch lineup of games announced so far
Utilizing the cloud at launch
Vastly improved multimedia
NFL
Kinect possibilities

And of course mere months later, Titanfall

Well I like this post...but I agree and I disagree.

Launch line-up is a matter of taste(as we all know of course) So for me that would go to Sony right now. But  MS has some great exclusives coming out for the Xbox One that I am excited to play though.

The cloud is currently just like the cell was....it has not yet proved itself on the promises so that is up in the air. But if it is what it has been made out to bet hen it will be HUGE for MS.

NFL is big but like every other sport only seasonal. And it is great for a lot of people who love NFL(like me even though I prefer the NBA) but a lot of people already have NFL Sunday ticket. So they will have to convince those people to give that up or pay additional for NFL on Xbox One along with paying for Gold and their internet connection. So it will all depend on pricing and promotion for that one. Still a big plus for MS.

Kinect....it has had possibilities since launch they just have not been taken advantage of I guess so that is not really nothing new.

The only thing really NEW there is the cloud and the possiblities of what it can do. The NFL deal is just additional to the multimedia which both are VASTLY improving.Right now I prefer the PS4 only because I prefer their games and they have a better track record with games(retail wise anyway) in my opinion. But like you I will not be getting either at launch. I won't be getting a system until the 2nd year of both systems at the earliest so more than likely sometime in 2015 for me.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

yeah well even if PS leads the sales this gen (which won't be by a big margine over all anyway) and lead the indie library (I still wouldn't bet on that in terms of quality/quantity ratio).... I'll bet you my corones that indie games will still do better on XB and generate more profit there..... you know like not free MP this gen had way more users than free MP ..... :D

XB customers are better customers for the industry because they are willing to pay more.... basically the XB customer are the console equivalent of apple customers.... (and it hurts my butt to say that)