By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Reasons Xbox One is the console to own this christmas.

Would you attempt to mod or make an Xbox One game yourself

Yes 48 17.52%

No 139 50.73%

No but I'll play others creations and mods 40 14.60%

Modding sucks and its poi... 47 17.15%

Total:274
JayWood2010 said:

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yeah, but with Halo on the Xbox its kind of a given. Even I might break for an Xbone when it comes out because Halo 4 was the first Halo I've liked in a long time based on presentation. Thats their system seller, Sonys are so spread out, everyone buys it for a different reasons not for one major reason. Hopefully Sony focuses on the ones that sells and up the multiplayer. I am definitely getting a Wii U as a secondary after the PS4 though. X is the straw that will break the camels back for me.

A Suggestion for your posts would be to not make everything into a competition.  Whether it be true or not true you start a lot of arguments when you make these type of comments.

You never really know what Ip's will sell a console.  Whether it be Fable, Forza, Banjo, TitanFall, Killer Instinct, or hell, even Call of Duty.

Just like Pikmin moved the WiiU hardware recently.  There is a difference on what is a system seller and the biggest system seller.

Well this post in particular was pretty reasonable, so odd choice to give this suggestion. He suggested that he's going to buy X1, hoped that Sony would follow MS on something and even finished by saying that he is going to buy a WiiU so i am not sure how this can be viewed as inflamatory...

Not-so-proud owner of every current-gen system. 

Next-gen is upon us folks!

And some cool and inspiring quotes

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” 
― Oscar Wilde
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Bernard M. Baruch
Around the Network
Multimedialover said:

Im 1000000000000000000000000000000000% certain, Xbox One will have loads more unique Indie games than PS4 or Wii U could ever imagine.

I think you are in for a huge surprise !

JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:

Yeah, but with Halo on the Xbox its kind of a given. Even I might break for an Xbone when it comes out because Halo 4 was the first Halo I've liked in a long time based on presentation. Thats their system seller, Sonys are so spread out, everyone buys it for a different reasons not for one major reason. Hopefully Sony focuses on the ones that sells and up the multiplayer. I am definitely getting a Wii U as a secondary after the PS4 though. X is the straw that will break the camels back for me.

A Suggestion for your posts would be to not make everything into a competition.  Whether it be true or not true you start a lot of arguments when you make these type of comments.

You never really know what Ip's will sell a console.  Whether it be Fable, Forza, Banjo, TitanFall, Killer Instinct, or hell, even Call of Duty.

Just like Pikmin moved the WiiU hardware recently.  There is a difference on what is a system seller and the biggest system seller.

Yeah a 200% console sales boost isnt bad at all. That was a savior game for Nintendo for the time being. They just need more games and they should come into a profitable region.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:

Yeah a 200% console sales boost isnt bad at all. That was a savior game for Nintendo for the time being. They just need more games and they should come into a profitable region.

I think Wind Waker and 3D Mario Land will as well.  Im not so sure about Wondeful 101 being a big one though.  I still am holding onto my WiiU prediction that it will have sold 8-11m total by the end of this year XD Though it is appearing to be wrong so far lol

With Project Spark isn't everyone a game creator?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

I think Wind Waker and 3D Mario Land will as well.  Im not so sure about Wondeful 101 being a big one though.  I still am holding onto my WiiU prediction that it will have sold 8-11m total by the end of this year XD Though it is appearing to be wrong so far lol

It could reach eight million by the time mario comes out, so I wouldn't say a complete no to that. Luckily for you Pikmin and Super Mario were out this year or else I would've disagreed and Super Mario tends to have more front loaded sales to the first month than legs.

The Xbox One looks great, but I have more faith in sony's development studios so thats where I'm placing my this holiday. Also sony in general seem far more focused on single player experiences and that really speaks to the type of gamer I am. Playstation indie titles also tend to be more eclectic whilst XBL's are more arcadey which isn't really my thing.

Might get an X1 somewhere down the line but that would be years from now.

Personally not a big halo fan but I'll probably get it for coop at release

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

I'm still going to take a wait-and-see approach with the X1, even with all the policy changes they've made in recent months. The 360 was my first MS console and I enjoyed it immensely in its first couple years, especially with all the great JRPG exclusives they had (Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, etc). However, by year 4 or so the # of exclusives have really dwindled down and was basically left with Halo, Gears, Forza, and Fable. I basically haven't touched my 360 the last 3 years outside of the aforementioned games. This is just my opinion and experience with the 360.

I appreciate the fact the Sony is still showing a lot of support for the PS3, even with the launch of the PS4 just a few months away. This is year 7 of the PS3 and we're still getting a lot of exclusives like Ni no Kuni, Gran Turismo 6, The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, Rain, Tales of Xillia 1+2, Rachet & Clank, Dragon's Crown, etc.

While the X1's lineup of exclusives in year 1 look very impressive, I'm a little concerned what their support will be like a few years into the console's life cycle. Will they still invest $1 billion every year into securing exclusives like they did for year 1 of the X1? or is it going to follow the same path as the 360? So for me personally, I feel that the PS4 will be a better long-term investment because they've shown to me that they will support their consoles well beyond the first 4-5 years of the life cycle.

I may still get the X1 eventually, but it probably won't be until their first price drop at the earliest. Releasing a Kinect-less SKU will also make the console more appealing to me as I have zero interest in motion gaming.

jacks81x said:

I'm still going to take a wait-and-see approach with the X1, even with all the policy changes they've made in recent months. The 360 was my first MS console and I enjoyed it immensely in its first couple years, especially with all the great JRPG exclusives they had (Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, etc). However, by year 4 or so the # of exclusives have really dwindled down and was basically left with Halo, Gears, Forza, and Fable. I basically haven't touched my 360 the last 3 years outside of the aforementioned games. This is just my opinion and experience with the 360.

I appreciate the fact the Sony is still showing a lot of support for the PS3, even with the launch of the PS4 just a few months away. This is year 7 of the PS3 and we're still getting a lot of exclusives like Ni no Kuni, Gran Turismo 6, The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, Rain, Tales of Xillia 1+2, Rachet & Clank, Dragon's Crown, etc.

While the X1's lineup of exclusives in year 1 look very impressive, I'm a little concerned what their support will be like a few years into the console's life cycle. Will they still invest $1 billion every year into securing exclusives like they did for year 1 of the X1? or is it going to follow the same path as the 360? So for me personally, I feel that the PS4 will be a better long-term investment because they've shown to me that they will support their consoles well beyond the first 4-5 years of the life cycle.

I may still get the X1 eventually, but it probably won't be until their first price drop at the earliest. Releasing a Kinect-less SKU will also make the console more appealing to me as I have zero interest in motion gaming.

My feelings exactly. Word for word.

Get out of my head :P

Not-so-proud owner of every current-gen system. 

Next-gen is upon us folks!

And some cool and inspiring quotes

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” 
― Oscar Wilde
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Bernard M. Baruch