By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Part of Gaming Keeps You Coming Back?

Why Do You Play?

Challenge ("Hit me ... 3 3.57%

Satisfacton ("That ... 3 3.57%

Discovery ("I wonde... 9 10.71%

Novelty ("Wow, I'v... 4 4.76%

Immersion ("Wait, w... 16 19.05%

Creativity ("There ... 2 2.38%

De-Stressing ("I ne... 6 7.14%

Fun ("I never get t... 30 35.71%

Curiosity ("I have ... 5 5.95%

Other (Post and Discuss) 6 7.14%

Total:84
NintendoPie said:
Talking about them. Who here on VGC really actually plays games?

It's unheard of.

Actually most of the not Nintendo-only VGCharterz play a lot of videogames. On the other hand, if you only have like 4-5 good games in a year it's only natural that you'll come here an try to bash other games and platforms.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

fun

The addiction.... I need my fix man.

Hmm, pie.

-Challenge

-Escapism

-Stories

-Social interaction with others

-Because i am an artist and it inspires me. (I chat in between painting and drawing commissions, never class assignments)

-Keeps me keen and perceptive

-It gives me a reason to be a site like this, respond to questions like this.

It's the entertainment, stories, and competition brought from MP.

Around the Network

All the great women I meet when playing online...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Every single thing on that list makes my gaming enjoyable in some way, some affect more than others in certain genres like

I love challenge in strategy/grand strategy games, do like it overall though and usually start any game on hard or higher. Feel most of games today are quite easy even on the hardest possibly difficulty though.

Finishing a game is allways satisfying, that's why I hate the sequelitis games of this gen

Exploration in sandbox games is quite fun as long as the game keeps feeding u lot of good content to find

Novelty is most important to me on FPS games, mostly cause I see 98% of the genre to be roughly the same with different color of paint. There are some expections though like Planetside 1&2.

RPGs have to have some immersion in storyline, otherwise I just drop the game if it feels more like loot grinding which I don't consider RPG at all, I dropped Demons Souls early because of this, it doesn't ahve enough character interaction and the storyline is very weak.

Nearly every game is fun to play with mates online. Heck even some crappy games can give u some good laughs on how crappy they are.

NiKKoM said:
All the great women I meet when playing online...

I know that might be sarcasm, but do you really search for chicks online? I know I come off weird by saying that but I havent given that process much thought. I've done pretty well for my self off the computer.

ghettoglamour said:

Actually most of the not Nintendo-only VGCharterz play a lot of videogames. On the other hand, if you only have like 4-5 good games in a year it's only natural that you'll come here an try to bash other games and platforms.

Are we still talking about Nintendo only gamers here?

I would say all of those reasons and more keep me playing video games.